Bundesliga Opta Stats - 13-14 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Borussia Dortmund v Hamburger SV
- Dortmund are undefeated in 10 matches (nine wins, one draw), by far the longest current unbeaten run in the Bundesliga.
- If matches ended after 45 minutes, HSV would be bottom of the league with just eight points.
- Both BVB's attack (27 goals) and backline (seven conceded) are the best in the league.
- No club has led more often than Dortmund this season (nine times, like Hoffenheim), who have gone on to win each one of those games.
- HSV have won more points after going behind first than any other club (10).
- Armin Veh has only won one of his 10 Bundesliga fixtures against Borussia, back in February 2007, when he still managed VfB Stuttgart (who won 1-0 away). He has lost eight matches and drawn one.
- None of the last nine Bundesliga clashes between these clubs have ended in a draw. Dortmund have won four of these matches while Hamburg have won five.
Werder Bremen v Eintracht Frankfurt
- Last season Frankfurt won both games against Bremen; 3-2 away and 1-0 at home.
- Bremen have conceded the second most goals this season (27). Only once in their Bundesliga history they have conceded more after 11 games (28 in 1974).
- Frankfurt have had their best season since 1993/94: Back then they had 29 points (calculated from the two points rule) and were top of the league.
- The 1993/94 season was the last time that they conceded fewer goals after match day 11 (10) than this term (11).
- Theofanis Gekas is the league's top scorer with 11 goals (including four braces). He is the first Frankfurt player ever to score 11 goals in the first 11 match days of a season.
- Oka Nikolov has the league's top save percentage (80%). He has only conceded eight goals in 10 appearances and has kept four clean sheets.
VfL Wolfsburg v FC Schalke 04
- Wolfsburg are unbeaten in eight competitive matches against Schalke and have won their last three BL games against S04.
- The Wolves have only lost one of their 13 home games against Schalke in the Bundesliga (five wins, seven draws).
- The only BL season in which Wolfsburg had fewer points after 11 games than this campaign (13 points) was 2001/02 (nine points). The VfL finished that season in 10th place.
- Schalke have only conceded one goal in their last five competitve games, when they lost 1-0 to Leverkusen courtesy of a Sidney Sam goal two weeks ago.
- Schalke are the only team in the Bundesliga without a German goal scorer so far this season. Until last weekend, Wolfsburg were without a German goal scorer as well, before Ashkan Dejagah netted the consolation goal in the Wolves' 3-1 defeat against Frankfurt.
- VfL striker Grafite has scored more goals against Schalke than against any other BL club (seven). The Brazilian has netted five of these seven goals in Wolfsburg's last two home games against S04.
1. FC Köln v Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Köln have lost 40 games against Mönchengladbach, more than against any other team.
- Mönchengladbach have conceded at least three goals in each of their last four games for the first time in their Bundesliga history. The last team to suffer this was Hertha last season.
- Mönchengladbach haven't won for nine games (three draws, six defeats), the longest current run. They last suffered nine consecutive games without a win between March and May 2007; a season that they were relegated.
- This encounter pits the two worst teams both in terms of league position and goal difference (1. FC Köln -9, Borussia Mönchengladbach -16).
- Köln haven't won when Lukas Podolski has scored (one draw, two defeats).
- Köln haven't won against Mönchengladbach for three games (two draws, one defeat).