Get a 2nd chance on the Williamhill.com Greyhound Derby
The William Hill-sponsored Greyhound Derby is the highlight of the greyhound calendar and to celebrate we are offering you the chance to bet on the race and be covered if your dog does not progress to the second round.
All you have to do is back a greyhound to win the Derby outright between 6:00pm Wednesday 18 April, right up until the last race of the first round on Saturday 28 April 2012.
If your selection does not progress to the second round we will give you a free bet of the same value, up to a maximum of £100, to be placed on the Greyhound Derby outright market.
Your free bet must be placed prior to the first race of the second round on Friday 4 May 2012, and will be credited by Monday 30 April 2012.
To play it safe, bet with William Hill today.
Terms & Conditions
- Refunds will be credited to customer accounts as free bet tokens that will be credited to your account by Monday 30 April.
- Free bets must be staked on the William Hill Greyhound Derby Outright Winner market prior to the first race of the second round on Friday May 4 2012.
- Applies to ante-post win SINGLE and EACH WAY bets placed on the William Hill Greyhound Derby Outright market after 6pm Wednesday 18 April 2012 and Saturday 28 April 2012 (inclusive).
- Free bet will be to the same value as the original bet with a maximum refund per customer is £100
- William Hill reserves the right to withhold the award of this refund should we suspect any acts of collusion or manipulation by customers.
How to claim your free bet:
If your selection does not progress to the second round a free bet will be credited to your account on or before Monday 30 April.
To use the free bet, make your selection on the Greyhound Derby outright before the first race of the second round Friday May 4 2012.
Below the bet slip you will see the option of the free bet available to you. Select the appropriate offer.
Enter the total value of the free bet in the stake box and place the bet as normal.
Free bet must be placed within the time and date stated above.
One free bet per customer/account/household.
Only a single bet of at least the minimum stake as stated above will qualify. This offer is not based on cumulative stakes.
Free bet tokens are non-refundable. The free bet stake is not included in any returns. The Estimated Return on the Bet Slip and the Bet Receipt indicate returns with stake.
If your free bet selection is a non-runner then the free bet is void but the free bet token will not be re-credited to your account.
A free bet token cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for lesser total stake than the value of the free bet token, you will not receive any cash change or further free bet tokens.
Free bet offer is available online via the sportsbook only. Bets struck on our mobile/WAP or telephone betting service will not qualify.
Free bet offer is only available to customers registered to the English language website.
The maximum free bet available in the following currencies is as follows:
- The Promotion is not available to any employee of the William Hill Group or their direct family members, or any employees of any business associated with the provision of Sports betting and its support services connected with William Hill, or their direct family.
- The identity of a player will be determined on the basis of all or any combination of the following: account number, username, name, mailing address, e-mail address, IP address, credit/debit card number, registered payment method, computer, and any other forms of identification which may be required. However players with multiple accounts attempting to enter the Promotion may result in any/all accounts being closed, any winnings deemed forfeited and being removed from this Promotion.
- All participants in the Promotion must agree to abide by the normal site rules and terms and conditions governing usage of this website and the associated games. This Promotion only applies to bets placed through Text Betting and on mobile.williamhill.com via a mobile handset or via a downloaded native app. (not including the Racing Post app)
- Prizes are not transferable.
- William Hillreserves the right to exclude, or otherwise remove players, from participation in the Promotion if the circumstances warrant such exclusion in the sole opinion of William Hill.
- William Hill reserves the right to review transaction records and logs from time to time, for any reason whatsoever. If, upon such review, it appears that the player is participating in strategies that William Hill in its sole discretion deems to be cheating or abusing the rules of the game, William Hill reserves the right to revoke the entitlement of such a player to the Promotion.
- Furthermore, if upon such review the player's practices have been deemed by Us to be Promotion Abuse William Hill has the right to take the following actions, as its sole discretion, against such abusers:
- All winnings on any account/s opened will be null and void and all cash-ins will be cancelled where play has been deemed abusive.
- Abusing player accounts may be terminated immediately.
- Players found to be abusing promotions may be barred from receiving further promotional offers on the website
- In order to qualify for a winning prize the player's account must be 'active' and not be closed or otherwise suspended by William Hill.
- The Promotion is only open to people aged 18 or over and who have been verified as being over the age of 18 and completed all account verification procedures to qualify for any prize. It shall be the responsibility of entrants to make their own enquiries as to whether such activity is permissible in their own jurisdiction. Each entrant should ensure that he or she would be acting legally in that jurisdiction in entering the Promotion. Additional verification of identity may be required or requested at any time.
- William Hill shall not be liable for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit ability to enter or participate in the Promotion. William Hill shall not be liable for damage, or loss or injury resulting from entry to the Promotion, failure to win, acceptance or use of any prize, but nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude liability for death or personal injury resulting from William Hill's own negligence.
- William Hill reserves the right to cancel this Promotion or amend these Terms and Conditions without liability and without notice, and it is the responsibility of the player to periodically check for any such updates or cancellations.
- William Hill and/or its authorised agent shall not be liable for any damages howsoever arising as a result of any such modification, alteration, discontinuance or termination of the Promotion.
- In the event of any decision or dispute regarding the validity of any entry, the eligibility of any entrant and the eligibility for the Promotion, the decision of William Hill will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The general Terms and Conditions of www.williamhill.com shall apply.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.