OPTA Facts: Ligue 1 Matchday 1
Montpellier - Toulouse
- Last season Montpellier became the first ever team to pick up 50 points at home in a single Ligue 1 season (in the three-point rule era).
- Toulouse were one of three away Ligue 1 teams to avoid defeat at the Mosson stadium last season.
- Toulouse have won just three times in 26 previous top-flight encounters against Montpellier.
- Toulouse have conceded on average just 0.88 goals per league game since the appointment of manager Alain Casanova in 2008.
- Toulouse kept a clean sheet in half of their Ligue 1 games last season.
- Toulouse striker Emmanuel Rivière has scored four goals in five league appearances against Montpellier.
Evian TG - Bordeaux
- Bordeaux have won their last six league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Both league encounters between Evian TG and Bordeaux last season ended 0-0.
- Evian TG scored the most first-half goals (33) last season in Ligue 1.
- Evian TG lost more points after leading (28) than any other Ligue 1 side last season.
- Yoan Gouffran scored the opening goal in more matches (nine) than any other player in Ligue 1 last term.
- Bordeaux have picked up the third most points in Ligue 1 this calendar year (38).
- Bordeaux have started the last two seasons with defeats.
- Les Girondins have scored 12 goals in their last four away league matches.
Nancy - Brest
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last six opening games of the season, winning four.
- Nancy won both league encounters vs. Brest last season.
- Brest have never finished above eighth place in 12 previous Ligue 1 campaigns.
- Since returning to Ligue 1 two years ago, Brest have yet to win a league match coming back from a losing position.
- Brest scored fewer goals than any other side last season in Ligue 1 (31).
- Brest's only win on the road last term in Ligue 1 came on the last matchday of the season.
- Brest have failed to score more than one goal in any of their last 32 away Ligue 1 fixtures.
Nice - Ajaccio
- Three penalties were awarded in the encounters between Nice and Ajaccio last season.
- Nice are now unbeaten in eight consecutive Ligue 1 meetings versus Ajaccio, winning five times in the process.
- Ajaccio have won just one of their last 14 top-flight games against OGCN.
- The Corsicans have scored just one goal in their last six Ligue 1 meetings against Nice.
- Last season saw Ajaccio become the first Ligue 1 team since 1988 to survive relegation despite conceding 61 goals.
- Last season, Nice were the only Ligue 1 team where defenders scored more goals than strikers.
Paris SG - Lorient
- Lorient are unbeaten on matchday one since 2006/07, winning four times and drawing twice.
- Lorient have scored more goals (14) at the Parc des Princes than at any other away ground in the top flight.
- The Merlus were one of two sides to defeat the Parisians at the Parc des Princes last season in Ligue 1.
- PSG are unbeaten at home in Ligue 1 since the appointment of manager Carlo Ancelotti (W7 D2 L0).
- Carlo Ancelotti's PSG have scored 26 goals in nine league games on home turf (2.9 on average).
- This will be the third time that PSG host Lorient on matchday one, both previous meetings saw the Merlus win.
- Last season Nenê scored more competitive goals for PSG (27) than any other Ligue 1 player did for his respective club.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored four goals in as many competitive appearances against French clubs.
Rennes - Lyon
- Rennes have suffered just one defeat in their last nine league encounters vs. Lyon, winning twice and drawing on six occasions.
- The last five Ligue 1 campaign have all seen at least one 1-1 draw between Rennes and Lyon.
- Both teams have scored in each of the last seven league meetings between Rennes and OL.
- Lyon have conceded a goal in the opening 15 minutes in each of their last three league fixtures at the Route de Lorient stadium.
- OL kept the fewest clean sheets last season in Ligue 1 (five).
- Bafetimbi Gomis is the only player to have scored double figures in each of the last six Ligue 1 seasons.
- The last three Ligue 1 campaigns have all had Julien Feret amongst the goalscorers on the opening matchday.
- Lisandro has scored in both of his two league appearances at Rennes' Route de Lorient stadium.
St Etienne - Lille
- Lille have managed 80 wins in Ligue 1 since the appointment of manager Rudi Garcia in 2008, more than any other team during that period of time.
- Under Rudi Garcia's management, Lille have won just three of 16 previous August fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last six league encounters against St Etienne, winning the last three in a row.
- Nolan Roux scored two braces against St Etienne last season; both were completed in less than four minutes.
- Tulio de Melo has scored four goals in his last four league appearances.
- Salomon Kalou did not lose a single Premier League game last season.
- St Etienne's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has netted five goals in his last six league outings.
Sochaux - Bastia
- Sochaux have won 20 of their 24 previous home games vs. Bastia in Ligue 1, suffering just one defeat in the process.
- Newly promoted Bastia have lost their last four away Ligue 2 games.
- Eric Hély boasts a higher win ratio (58%) than any current Ligue 1 manager with his respective club.
- Sochaux ended last season with three consecutive wins.
- The Corsicans have won just one of their last 35 away Ligue 1 games.
Troyes - Valenciennes
- Troyes currently post the highest loss ratio in the top flight amongst current Ligue 1 sides (46.9%).
- None of the 10 previous top flight meetings between Troyes and Valenciennes have ended as a draw (ESTAC winning four and VAFC winning six).
- Troyes have lost 10 of their 14 previous matchday one fixtures in Ligue 1.
- Valenciennes were the worst away side last season in Ligue 1 with just seven points.
- Troyes have won their last five home games in Ligue 2.
- In their last season together in Ligue 1 (2006/07), Valenciennes beat Troyes 3-1 both at home and away.
- Jean-Marc Furlan has never beaten Valenciennes during his Ligue 1 managerial career (D1 L3).
- Valenciennes are on a run of five consecutive defeats on the road.
Reims - Marseille
- Last season Marseille were the only club in Ligue 1 to lose against all three promoted teams.
- Reims have scored in all of their last 35 home league matches.
- André-Pierre Gignac scored with just one of his 40 shots last season in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have suffered seven defeats in their last nine away league matches.
- Only two clubs have picked up fewer Ligue 1 points than Marseille (17) in 2012.
- Reims are in Ligue 1 for the first time since 1978/79.
- Between them, Reims and OM have won 15 Ligue 1 titles.