Bayern Munich v Real Madrid - Champions League Opta Facts
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Champions League Opta Facts - Semi-Finals First leg
• Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have won a combined 13 European Cup/Champions League titles (four and nine respectively).
• Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have a perfectly balanced record when facing each other in European Cup/Champions League knockout ties: both have progressed to the next round on four occasions.
• Real Madrid have never won away against Bayern Munich, losing eight of their nine trips to their German opponents.
• The last time both sides met was in the last 16 of the 2006/07 Champions League - Bayern Munich progressed on away goals (4-4).
• Bayern Munich have won 12 of their last 13 Champions League games at the Allianz Arena, the only exception being their defeat to Inter Milan in March 2011.
• Bayern Munich have kept a clean sheet in their last three Champions League games, currently the longest run without conceding in the 2011/12 competition.
• Real Madrid have had the most shots (excl. blocked) in the Champions League this season, trying their luck on 166 occasions. Meanwhile, only Barcelona (33) have scored more goals than Real Madrid (32) in the competition this season.
• Real Madrid are one of only two sides (along with Chelsea) to have opened the scoring in each of their 10 Champions League games this season.
• Real Madrid have won the most games in this season's Champions League: nine out of 10 played.
• Real Madrid have the most productive subs in the Champions League this season with four goals and five assists from players having come off the bench.
• Mario Gomez has scored 10 goals in four Champions League starts at the Allianz Arena this season (qualifiers excluded). The German international striker has netted exactly 50% of Bayern's Champions League goals this season, 11 out of 22.
• Kaka has delivered five assists in 396 minutes of play in the Champions League, one every 79 minutes. It's the best ratio in this season's competition.
• Karim Benzema has been directly involved in 12 Champions League goals this season (seven goals + five assists), only Lionel Messi had a hand in more (18).
• The last time Jose Mourinho faced Bayern Munich was in the 2010 Champions League final as Inter Milan manager, with the Italians winning 2-0.
• Mourinho has won 17 of his 22 Champions League games as Real Madrid manager (77%), drawing four and losing only once (against Barcelona in last season's semi-finals).