Champions League Opta Facts - 16 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Champions League Opta Facts Tuesday, 16 February 2010
AC Milan v Manchester United
- The Red Devils have failed to score on all four trips to the San Siro to face AC Milan in Europe, losing each time.
- On the four occasions that the Rossoneri have met United in Europe, they have eliminated them from the competition.
- United have played in Italy 12 times in the Champions League, winning on the three occasions when they have scored more than once, but failing to win in the nine others.
- Milan are without a win in four games at home in the Champions League, scoring just two goals in the process.
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (six) has scored more goals than Michael Owen in this season's tournament (four).
- Wayne Rooney has scored eight goals in his last seven appearances in all competitions, though is yet to score in three appearances in the Champions League this season.
Lyon v Real Madrid
- Lyon are unbeaten in all four Champions League clashes with Real Madrid, winning both home meetings.
- The last five seasons have seen the elimination of Real Madrid in the first knock out stage of Champions League.
- "Los Merengues" have failed to score on both of their trips to the Stade de Gerland in Europe.
- The Spanish side have conceded at least twice in five of their last six matches in the knockout stage of the competition.
- "Les Gones" have lost just one of their last 10 matches at home in the Champions League.
- This match sees a meeting of the highest (Real Madrid - 15) and third-highest (Lyon - 12) scoring teams in the knockout phase.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored twice in each of his three starts in the Champions League this season.
Wednesday, 17 February 2010
Bayern Munich v Fiorentina
- The two sides met in the group stage of the competition last season, with Bayern winning 3-0 at home before a 1-1 draw at Fiorentina.
- Bayern have lost just one of their last eight matches against Italian opposition in the Champions League.
- Following defeat in their opening match of the group stages away to Lyon, La Viola have won their five Champions League matches since, bagging a total of 14 goals.
- The German side scored just one goal at home during the group stages of the competition.
- Despite this, the Germans have suffered just two reversals in 20 matches at home in the Champions League.
- Fiorentina scored eight goals in the first half during the group stages, more than any other team.
- Arjen Robben has scored in each of his last five competitive appearances for Bayern.
FC Porto v Arsenal
- Arsenal have never won in Portugal in European competition (three draws, one defeat).
- Arsenal have scored just one goal in four matches in Europe against Portuguese opposition in Portugal.
- No English side has ever managed to score more than once at the Estadio do Dragao in the Champions League.
- The "Tripeiros" have picked up only one win from their last 12 Champions League encounters with English opposition, and lost the last three 1-0.
- Arsenal have picked up only one win from their last seven games away from home in the Champions League.
- During this run, the Gunners have failed to score on four occasions.
- Falcao has scored six goals in his last four appearances at the Estádio do Dragao.