Championship, FA Cup and Carling Cup Opta Facts - Jan 19-20
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Carling Cup Semi Final Opta Facts
- The first leg of this tie was the first ever meeting between the sides in the Carling Cup, with Villa winning 1-0 at Ewood Park courtesy of a James Milner goal.
- This will be the two sides' fourth meeting of the season already, with Rovers winning the one league encounter so far 1-0, Villa winning a third round FA Cup tie 3-1 at the beginning of January and Villa winning the first leg of this tie.
- The Villans have won seven of their last nine meetings with Rovers, though they did lose at Ewood Park 2-1 in the league earlier this season.
- Blackburn have been eliminated at this stage on four of the five occasions that they have reached the semi-finals of the League Cup.
- Rovers' failure to score in the first leg of this tie was the first time in 33 consecutive League Cup matches (since 2000) that they failed to find the net.
- Villa have failed to score in three of their last five games (in all competitions).
- Rovers' win against Fulham in the league at the weekend was their first victory in 13 games (in all competitions and after 90 minutes only).
Manchester City v Manchester United (First Leg)
- The side playing at home have never been defeated in four League Cup Manchester derbies.
- The sides met in the semi-finals of the 1969/70 League Cup, City won 2-1 at home before drawing 2-2 at Old Trafford to reach the final.
- The last three Manchester derbies at Eastlands have ended 1-0, once in City's and twice in United's favour.
- This is the Citizens' first domestic cup semi-final since 1980/81 when they reached the semis of both the FA and League Cups.
- Since 1982, United have contested eight League Cup semi-finals, reaching the final on seven occasions.
- However on three of the last four occasions that Man City have made it to the League Cup semi-final, they have gone on to reach the final.
- The Red Devils have won just one of their last three games on the road (in all competitions).
- Former United striker Carlos Tevez has now bagged 11 goals in his last 10 games (in all competitions) for the Citizens.
English Championship - Jan 19
- Blackpool have won just once in their last six encounters with the Owls, losing four times.
- Only one of the last eight meetings between these sides at Blackpool has ended level.
- Blackpool have tasted defeat in just one of their 11 Championship home matches this season.
- Only three sides have scored fewer goals away from home than the Owls in the Championship this term (10).
FA Cup - Jan 19-20
- These two sides met twice in League Two last season, with Gillingham winning on both occasions.
- Accrington have been defeated on three of the previous four occasions that they have met the Gills.
- Since their reformation, Accrington Stanley have reached the third round of the FA Cup only once before this season, when they lost to Colchester United following a replay in 2003/04.
- Gillingham have only conceded three goals in their last six FA cup matches.
- The last three games at Accrington Stanley have seen a total of 16 goals.
- Gillingham have not won on the road this season, and have lost nine of their last 10 away from home in all competitions.
- Doncaster have won each of their last four meetings with Brentford.
- Brentford have failed to score in six successive matches against Doncaster Rovers.
- Doncaster have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four FA Cup games.
- Rovers have reached the fourth round of the FA Cup only once since 1984/85.
- Brentford have only kept one clean sheet in their last 11 FA Cup matches, last time out.
- The Bees are unbeaten in nine matches at home.
- Billy Sharp has bagged eight goals in his last 10 appearances for Doncaster.
- This will be the first-ever meeting between Notts County and Forest Green.
- Notts County have not progressed to the fourth round of the FA Cup since 1993/94.
- This is only the second time that Forest Green have participated in the FA Cup at the third round stage; they lost their only previous match last season against Derby.
- Forest Green have failed to find the net in their last three competitive away matches.
- The 2-1 defeat at the hands of Accrington Stanley in their last match at Meadow Lane was only the Magpies' second home defeat of the season.
- Bristol City have only managed to find the net four times in their last eight meetings with Cardiff.
- On the last two occasions that these two sides have been drawn together in the FA Cup, Cardiff City have prevailed.
- Cardiff have kept a clean sheet in five of their last eight FA Cup matches.
- Cardiff have drawn their last four matches and the last three have been 1-1.
- Bristol City have only kept one clean sheet in their last 15 matches in all competitions.
- The Bluebirds have only won one of their last five matches at the Cardiff City Stadium.