Championship League Opta Facts - 26th & 27th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.SPL Opta Facts - 26th - 27th January
Barnsley v Leicester City
- Barnsley have failed to score in seven successive meetings with the Foxes.
- Leicester have lost just one of their last 14 league matches against Barnsley, winning their last seven in a row.
- Barnsley have won just once in six games, but have managed to find the back of the net in their last 11.
- The Foxes have won just one point in their last three away games.
Bristol City v Cardiff City
- This will be the third time in two weeks that Bristol City and Cardiff have met, with the Bluebirds winning 1-0 in an FA Cup replay following a 1-1 draw at Ashton Gate.
- Bristol City are now without a win in six meetings with Cardiff City.
- The Robins have conceded exactly two goals in their last three league games, they conceded exactly one in their three before that.
- Cardiff have drawn their last three league games, and are unbeaten in four on the road.
Doncaster Rovers v Middlesbrough
- Boro have won the last five meetings between these two sides, scoring 11 unanswered goals.
- Doncaster have only ever kept one clean sheet in seven home meetings with Middlesbrough, way back in 1902 when they shared a goalless draw.
- None of Doncaster's last nine league games have ended level, winning six and drawing three.
- Boro have lost five of their last seven Championship games, scoring just five goals in this run.
Ipswich Town West Bromwich Albion
- The home side has prevailed in the last four meetings between these two sides, scoring 10 goals while the away side has failed to find the back of the net.
- The Baggies have won 23 points away from home this season, more than any other side.
- Ipswich have lost just one of their last 14 games, however eight of the rest have been draws.
- The Tractor Boys have won their last three home games, scoring three goals in each match.
Nottingham Forest v QPR
- QPR have never beaten Nottingham Forest away from home in 27 meetings in all competitions.
- The away side has not managed a win in this fixture in the last nine league meetings.
- Forest are unbeaten in 18 league games, winning 12.
- QPR are winless in five away games, conceding at least two goals in each of them.
Peterborough United v Preston North End
- The Posh have never lost at home to Preston, winning five and drawing three of their encounters.
- Preston's 2-0 win earlier in the season ended a run of 11 games without a victory over Peterborough.
- Peterborough have let in seven goals in their last two games.
- This will be Preston's fourth away game on the bounce, they have lost the last three.
Plymouth Argyle v Derby County
- Derby have won their last four league games against Plymouth.
- In fact the Pilgrims have won just one of their last 13 league games against the Rams.
- Only three of Plymouth's games have ended level this season, the lowest figure in the Championship.
- Derby have kept a clean sheet in their last four away games, but themselves have scored in just two of their last eight on the road.
Sheffield United v Reading
- The last three games between these two sides have all been won by the away team.
- Reading are unbeaten in six trips to Bramall Lane, winning five of these visits.
- The Blades have kept a clean sheet in their last five home games, winning four of these.
- Reading have not won in six league games, scoring exactly one goal in their last five.
Swansea City v Coventry City
- Only three goals have been scored in the last four games between these sides.
- Swansea are unbeaten in six games against the Sky Blues, but four of these have ended level.
- Swansea have conceded just three goals in their last seven league games, and never more than one per game in this run.
- None of Coventry's last eight league games have ended level, four wins four draws.
Newcastle United v Crystal Palace
- Newcastle have won four of their last five games against Palace in all competitions, conceding just one goal in these five matches.
- The Eagles have only won twice at Newcastle in the league, back in 1971 and 1998, both of these were in the top flight.
- Newcastle are unbeaten in 12 games but have won just once in their last five.
- Palace have kept clean sheets in their last two games, they managed three on the bounce in September.
Scunthorpe United v Sheffield Wednesday
- Scunthorpe have only beaten the Owls once at home in five games in all competitions, and never in the league.
- Sheffield Wednesday have lost just once against the Iron in eight meetings in all competitions.
- Scunthorpe have only managed to score more than once in one of their last 12 league games.
- Wednesday have won their last three league games on the bounce, the first time they have managed this feat since 2006/07.