Championship Opta Facts - April 17 - 19
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Blackpool v Nottingham Forest
- Three of the last four matches between the two clubs have ended in a draw.
- Blackpool have won just one of their last seven home matches against Forest.
- The Seasiders have won 16 of a possible 18 points from their last six home games in the Championship.
- Nottingham Forest have picked up just one point in their last eight league games away from home.
Coventry v Preston
- Preston are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Coventry City, winning three and drawing once.
- Clinton Morrison has scored in both of his last two appearances against Preston.
- Coventry have won just two of a possible 21 points from their last seven league outings.
- Preston have only been able to win one point in their last seven away games in the Championship.
Derby v Crystal Palace
- The away side have failed to score on five of the last seven occasions that these two teams have met.
- Crystal Palace have enjoyed a run of four successive victories against Derby County.
- The Eagles have lost only once in their last seven games away from Selhurst Park in the league.
- Derby have kept a clean sheet in three of their last four league matches.
Ipswich v Doncaster
- Doncaster Rovers are unbeaten in five matches against Ipswich Town.
- The previous three meetings between these two at Ipswich have averaged four goals a game.
- Roy Keane's side have won four of their last five home matches in the Championship.
- Doncaster have lost three league games in succession.
Leicester v Watford
- The last four meetings between these two sides have produced 16 goals, an average of four a game.
- Watford have won just one of their last eight away trips to Leicester City.
- Leicester have only been defeated once in their last 11 league matches at the Walkers Stadium.
- Watford are unbeaten in their last three league matches, the first time that they have managed this feat since October 2009.
QPR v Cardiff
- Cardiff have failed to score in any of their previous three matches against QPR.
- Four of the last five meetings between QPR and Cardiff at Loftus Road have ended 1-0 in the home sides' favour.
- The Hoops have drawn their last three consecutive home games 1-1.
- Cardiff have drawn their last two league matches 0-0, this after previously going the rest of the season without a goalless draw in the Championship.
Reading v Peterborough
- Reading are one of just six teams to have suffered a defeat against Peterborough United this season.
- The Posh have found the net in each of their last six meetings with Reading.
- Gary Johnson's side have only been able to pick up one point from their last seven league matches.
- Reading have won just one of their last five league matches.
Scunthorpe v Bristol City
- Bristol City have been defeated in just one of their last 10 meetings with the Iron.
- In fact, Scunthorpe have won just five of their previous 19 matches against the Robins.
- Nigel Adkins' side have lost three league games in a row, conceding 10 goals in the process.
- Bristol City are unbeaten in six league games, winning three of their last four Championship games 1-0.
Swansea v Barnsley
- Four of the last five meetings between Swansea and Barnsley have ended in a draw.
- Barnsley last enjoyed a win at Swansea City in August 1974; a run of seven trips without success.
- Swansea have failed to find the net in three of their last four league matches at home.
- The Tykes have not won in seven league games, failing to score in five of these games and drawing 0-0 in three of them.
West Brom v Middlesbrough
- West Brom have won their last three meetings with Middlesbrough, scoring nine times in the process.
- Middlesbrough have failed to find the net in 316 consecutive league minutes against the Baggies.
- West Brom have won eight successive games at the Hawthorns in the Championship.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in eight league matches, but have drawn five of these games.
Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United
- Sheffield United have found the net in just one of their last five away games against the Owls.
- Sheffield Wednesday have failed to score in just one of their last nine derbies against the Blades.
- Marcus Tudgay has scored in both of his last two derby appearances against Sheffield United.
- Sheffield United have not won any of their last 11 away games in the league, drawing just three times in this period.
- The Owls have won just two points and scored just two goals in their last four league outings.
Plymouth v Newcastle
- Plymouth have kept a clean sheet in their last two home matches against the Magpies.
- Peter Lovenkrands scored a hat-trick against Plymouth in the two sides' FA Cup meeting earlier this year.
- Paul Mariner's side have lost and failed to score in their last three consecutive home games in the Championship.
- Newcastle have won six successive league games.