Championship Opta Facts - 16-18 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts
Blackpool v Middlesbrough
- None of the last five league meetings between Blackpool and Middlesbrough have ended as home wins, with the last three ending in victory for the side playing away.
- The side playing at home has scored just one goal in total over the course of the last five league clashes between the sides.
- Blackpool have not won in five Championship games, failing to score in their last two.
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in six in the league, conceded just four goals in the process.
Bristol City v Leicester
- Just one of the last six encounters between the Robins and the Foxes has ended in a win for the team playing at home.
- The 3-1 win at the Walkers Stadium ended a run of seven games without a win against Leicester for Bristol City.
- Bristol City have won just once in their last 10 Championship fixtures.
- The Foxes have conceded only six goals in their last nine league matches.
Cardiff v West Bromwich Albion
- Cardiff are unbeaten in their last four meetings with the Baggies (all competitions).
- However the Bluebirds are without a win in six at home to West Brom, losing twice (all league).
- The Bluebirds have lost only one of their last seven league matches.
- West Brom have won four successive league games, keeping a clean sheet in each of their last two.
Derby v Preston
- Six of the last eight league meetings (inc. Play-offs) between Derby and Preston have ended in a draw.
- The Rams are unbeaten in six league matches at home to Preston.
- Only one of Derby's 15 home games in the Championship has ended in a draw this term.
- Preston have lost five of their last six league games away from Deepdale.
Nottingham Forest v Sheffield United
- The last three meetings between Forest and United have produced a total of just one goal.
- Nottingham Forest have won none of their last three games at home to the Blades (all competitions), losing twice.
- Nottingham Forest have averaged 3.3 goals a game in their last seven league matches at the City Ground.
- Sheffield United have not won in five attempts away from home, losing all of their last four.
Peterborough v Ipswich
- This is only the second league meeting between the two sides following the goalless draw at Portman Road earlier this season.
- However, in all competitions, Ipswich have only managed one win from six meetings with the Posh.
- The Posh have found the net only twice in their last seven league outings.
- Ipswich have suffered only one defeat in seven league games.
Plymouth v Swansea
- Swansea have won the last three clashes with Plymouth, each by a score of 1-0.
- In fact, six of the last seven meetings between the sides have ended 1-0 (four Swansea wins, two to Plymouth).
- None of Plymouth's last 15 league meetings have ended in a draw.
- Swansea have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last 11 league games, conceding exactly one goal in their other four during this period.
QPR v Watford
- The Hoops have won just one of the last seven matches against Watford.
- The Hornets are unbeaten in their last three trips to Loftus Road.
- After 265 career competitive appearances (all with Watford) Lloyd Doyley scored his first ever goal against Rangers earlier this season.
- Watford have not won any of their last nine league games away from home.
- QPR have lost five league games in a row.
Scunthorpe v Barnsley
- Scunthorpe have won three of their last four home meetings with Barnsley (all competitions), drawing the other.
- Paul Hayes has scored in both matches between the Iron and the Tykes this season (one league, one FA Cup).
- Scunthorpe have lost their last three league games in succession, conceding nine goals in the process.
- Barnsley have lost three of their last four league matches away from home.
Sheffield Wednesday v Doncaster Rovers
- The last three meetings between the two teams have ended as 1-0 wins to the side playing at home.
- The last eight clashes between Rovers and Wednesday have seen the winning side keep a clean sheet.
- The Owls have won three in a row at home, scoring exactly two goals on all three occasions.
- Doncaster Rovers have scored just four goals in their last five league games.
Crystal Palace v Reading
- The last three meetings between Palace and Reading at Selhurst Park have ended in a draw.
- The Eagles have won just one of their last nine games at home to Reading.
- Palace have conceded just four goals in their last six league matches.
- Reading have won their last three league games in a row, the first time this has occurred this term.
Newcastle v Coventry
- Newcastle have won their last six meetings with Coventry.
- Since the formation of the Premier League, the Magpies have only twice failed to score against Coventry in 20 meetings in all competitions, drawing both of these 0-0.
- Shola Ameobi has scored in all three of his appearances against Coventry, the first of which was in the Premier League in January 2001: his first-ever goal in England.
- There have only been six goals scored in the last five league games involving Coventry City.
- The Magpies have only won twice in their last eight matches in the Championship.