Championship Opta Facts - September 17-18
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - September 17-18
Doncaster v Leeds United
- The last three meetings between these two sides have all ended 1-0, with Doncaster prevailing in two of them.
- Leeds have won their last three trips to Doncaster in the regular league season and are unbeaten in their last five visits.
- Doncaster have picked up seven points from a possible nine at home in the league this season.
- In their last match, Leeds conceded five goals in a league game for the first time since October 2006.
Barnsley v Derby
- Derby have failed to find the net in three of their last four games against Barnsley.
- Barnsley are unbeaten in their last four games against the Rams, winning twice.
- The Rams are one of just three sides yet to keep a clean sheet in the Championship this season.
- Derby have won just a single point in their last five league matches.
Bristol City v Coventry
- Coventry last beat Bristol City in August 1979, a run of nine encounters without a victory.
- The Robins are unbeaten in their last nine league games at home against Adrian Boothroyd's team.
- Bristol City have conceded eight goals in their three league games at home, collecting just a point in the process.
- The Sky Blues have collected just one win in their last five league matches.
Crystal Palace v Burnley
- Five of the last seven games between these two sides have ended level.
- Burnley have failed to score in four of their last five trips to Crystal Palace.
- Crystal Palace have conceded more goals from the penalty spot than any other Championship side this term (4).
- Burnley have only collected one point from a possible nine away from home this term.
Ipswich v Cardiff
- Ipswich have won their last three matches against Cardiff City.
- The Bluebirds have won just one of their last 15 visits to Ipswich Town.
- Cardiff suffered their first defeat of the league season on Tuesday night vs. Leicester; this after a run of four successive wins.
- Roy Keane's side have failed to score in their last two Championship games.
Leicester v QPR
- QPR were defeated both home and away in the league by Leicester City last term, conceding six goals.
- The Foxes have won just once in their last four home matches against QPR.
- QPR are the only unbeaten side in the Championship, winning five and drawing one of their six games to date.
- Rangers' striker Jamie Mackie has netted six goals since his move from Plymouth and is the leagues' top scorer.
Middlesbrough v Reading
- Only three of the last 17 meetings between these sides have been won by the home team.
- Reading have won just once in their last four trips to the Riverside stadium.
- Boro have won their last two games at the Riverside, their only victories of the league season so far.
- Reading have kept two consecutive clean sheets in the Championships.
Millwall v Watford
- The home side have won only one of the last five meetings between Watford and Millwall, losing three times.
- Watford are unbeaten in their last three trips to the New Den, winning and keeping a clean sheet twice.
- The Lions have won just once in their last four league matches.
- Watford have won two and drawn one of their three away games in the Championship this season.
Preston v Norwich
- Norwich have netted just a single goal in their last five trips to Deepdale.
- The home team have won five of the last seven encounters between Preston and Norwich, drawing the other two.
- Preston are the only team to have lost five of their first six games in the Championship so far this season.
- Norwich have scored in all six of their league games so far this term.
Sheffield United v Portsmouth
- The away team have won just one of the last 16 encounters between these sides.
- Sheffield United have won 10 of their last 12 games at home to Portsmouth, but have drawn their last two.
- Portsmouth are yet to win in the league this season; the only team not to do so.
- The Blades have netted just one goal in three matches at home in the league this season.
Swansea v Scunthorpe
- Swansea City won, and kept a clean sheet, in both of their league meetings with the Iron last season.
- Scunthorpe have won two of their last three away games against Swansea.
- The Swans have won all three of their games at home in the Championship this season.
- Scunthorpe have either failed to score (three games) or kept a clean sheet (two games) in their last five league matches.
Hull v Nottingham Forest
- The home side have won, and kept a clean sheet, in the last three encounters between these two teams.
- None of the last six meetings between Hull and Forest have ended level.
- Nottingham Forest have drawn the most games in the Championship this season (4).
- The Tigers have kept a clean sheet in all three of their games at home in the league this term.