Championship Opta Facts - August 28-29
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - August 28-29
Barnsley v Middlesbrough
- Barnsley have won just once in their last six meetings with Middlesbrough.
- Hugo Colace found the net for the Tykes in both of their league meetings with Boro last term.
- Middlesbrough have won just once in their last six trips to Oakwell.
- Barnsley, alongside Coventry (46), have committed the most fouls in the Championship.
- The Tykes have conceded the most penalties in the Championship (3).
Derby v QPR
- The home side have won just once in the last 18 encounters between these Derby & QPR.
- Derby have lost three and drawn one of their last four home games against QPR.
- Queens Park Rangers are the only side with a 100% record in the Championship so far.
- Adel Taarabt has either scored (2) or assisted (3) five of QPR's nine goals in the league this term.
Doncaster v Hull
- Six of the last eight meetings between Doncaster and Hull have been won by the home team, with the other two ending level.
- There have been three red cards in their last two meetings between Hull and Doncaster Rovers.
- Hull have failed to find the net in their last four trips to Doncaster Rovers.
Ipswich v Bristol City
- The two meetings between Ipswich and Bristol City last season failed to produce a goal.
- The last three matches between these sides have ended in a draw.
- Only one of their last 12 encounters have seen the away side win.
- No side has conceded more goals than Bristol City in the Championship so far this term (7).
Millwall v Coventry
- The away side have managed just four goals in the last eight encounters between these teams.
- Just 10 of the 52 meetings between these two sides in all competitions has failed to produce a winner.
- The Lions have won just once in their last six meetings with the Sky Blues.
- Only QPR (9) have netted more goals than Millwall in the Championship this term (8).
Nottingham Forest v Norwich
- Norwich have scored just two goals in their last five meetings with Forest at the City Ground, however, these two goals were enough for a 2-1 victory in their last visit there.
- The away side have never been able to win a match between Forest and the Canaries in any of their seven meetings in the month of August.
- Nottingham Forest have been the most fouled side (44), while Norwich have been fouled the fewest amount of times (19) in the Championship this term.
Portsmouth v Cardiff
- This will be the first meeting between these two sides since their 2008 FA Cup final meeting, which Pompey won 1-0 thanks to a goal from Nwankwo Kanu.
- In fact, the last three goals scored in this fixture have been by a Nigerian player (Yakubu 2, Kanu 1).
- The last league meeting between the Bluebirds and Portsmouth was back in March 1985 - a 0-0 draw at Fratton Park.
- Jay Bothroyd (3) is the only player to have scored more than two goals in the Championship so far this season.
Scunthorpe v Crystal Palace
- The Iron have won just once in their last five competitive meetings with Crystal Palace.
- Palace have failed to score in two of their previous three trips to Scunthorpe.
- The Eagles have won just five corners in their opening three league games of the season.
- Scunthorpe keeper Joe Murphy has had to make 14 saves so far this term; a league-high.
Sheffield United v Preston
- The home side have conceded only two goals in the last six competitive meetings between the Blades and Preston.
- Sheffield United have scored exactly one goal in their last four matches against Preston.
- Preston have been given the most yellow cards in the Championship so far (7).
- Sheffield United and Preston are two of only three Championship sides to have netted just one goal this season so far.
Swansea v Burnley
- Swansea have won just once in their last five matches against Burnley.
- Four of the last six meetings between these two sides at Swansea have ended in a draw.
- Swansea have been the most wayward side in the Championship so far this term, hitting a league-high 26 shots off target.
- Alongside Millwall, Burnley have tallied the most headed goals (3).
Watford v Leeds United
- On the last occasion that these two sides met in a 'league' fixture, Watford defeated Leeds 3-0 in the 2005/06 Championship Play-off Final.
- Watford have failed to win any of their last three league meetings with Leeds at Vicarage Road.
- Leeds have hit the woodwork on a league-high five occasions so far this season.
- Danny Graham has been caught offside more than any other Championship player this season (8).
Leicester v Reading
- The home side have won just once in the last eight meetings between Leicester and Reading.
- Leicester City have been defeated only twice in their previous seven home games against the Royals.
- Leicester City have won more corners than any other side in the Championship after three games (32); eight more than any other team.
- Reading and Leicester are two of just six sides yet to pick up a league win in the Championship this season.