Championship Opta Facts - Jan 31st - Feb 1st
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - January 31 - February 1
Barnsley v Derby County
- Five of the last six meetings between Derby and Barnsley have ended as draws, including the last four in a row.
- Derby have won none of their last seven games against the Tykes, drawing five and losing two.
- Only one of the last eight matches between the two sides has ended as a home win.
- Derby have won none of the last three visits to Oakwell, scoring just one goal in those matches.
- Barnsley have lost four of their last five home games in all competitions, conceding 16 goals in that run.
- There have been just seven goals scored in the last six Championship games involving Derby.
Hull City v Doncaster Rovers
- None of the last 11 meetings between Hull and Doncaster has ended as an away win.
- Doncaster have won none of their last 12 trips to Hull in all competitions, losing nine times, their last victory coming in September 1950.
- The Tigers have won the last eight home games in a row against Rovers.
- Hull's last five Championship games have ended with a 1-0 scoreline, two victories and three defeats.
- Doncaster have lost their last six league games in a row away from home.
- Rovers have won just one of their last six matches in all competitions.
Ipswich Town v West Ham United
- West Ham have won four of their last five visits to Portman Road.
- The Hammers have lost just one of their last nine away games versus Ipswich in Suffolk.
- Ipswich have dropped more points from winning positions than any other team in the Championship this season (21).
- Ipswich have won none of their last seven matches in all competitions, losing five.
- The Hammers have lost just one of their last six Championship matches, winning the last three in a row.
- West Ham have won only one and lost three of their last five away games in a all competitions.
- The Hammers' last three goals have all been scored from the penalty spot by Mark Noble.
Leeds United v Birmingham City
- Birmingham have won five and lost one of the last six matches against Leeds in all competitions.
- The last meeting between Leeds and Birmingham at Elland Road saw a penalty, two own goals and a red card.
- Leeds have won seven of the last eight home games against the Blues.
- Leeds have had an opponent sent off in each of their last three Championship games.
- Leeds have conceded the first goal of the game in each of their last seven Championship games, but they have recovered eight points in those games from losing positions, including seven in their last three matches.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last six matches in the Championship.
Millwall v Watford
- Watford have won the last three meetings with Millwall.
- The last meeting between the two sides at the New Den saw Watford waltz to a 6-1 victory over the Lions.
- The Hornets are unbeaten in their last four visits to the New Den, winning three of those.
- Millwall have failed to score in six of their last eight Championship matches.
- MIllwall striker Darius Henderson has scored seven goals in his last three games for Millwall, but he was sent off in his last appearance against his former side.
- After going eight league games without defeat, Watford have lost their last three games in a row.
- The Hornets have failed to score in their last three away games in the Championship.
Nottingham Forest v Burnley
- Burnley have won four of the last five games against Forest.
- Nottingham Forest have won 11 and lost just one of the last 15 home games against the Clarets.
- If Forest beat Burnley, it will match up the respective records of the two sides in this fixture, as the Clarets have won 35 league meetings to Forest's 34.
- Nottingham Forest have won just one and lost nine of their last 12 matches in all competitions.
- Forest have failed to score in their last six matches at the City Ground,, losing five and drawing one of those games.
- Burnley have won three of their last four Championship away games.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored in his last three away games with Burnley, an own goal at Leeds and strikes at the right end versus Norwich and Middlesbrough.
Southampton v Cardiff City
- If Southampton win this game it will level up the league record between the two sides with Cardiff having won 14 to the Saints' 13 previous encounters.
- Eight of the last nine meetings between Cardiff and Southampton have been home wins by a single-goal margin with the other match ending as a draw.
- Cardiff have won the last five meetings with Southampton at home.
- Southampton have followed up their 23-match unbeaten run on home soil with back to back home defeats at St Mary's.
- There have been three red cards in the last three Championship games involving the Saints.
- Cardiff have won just one of their last seven away games in all competitions, but four of the remaining six have been draws.
- Kenny Miller has scored in three of his last four Championship appearances.
Blackpool v Coventry City
- Three of the last five league meetings between Blackpool and Coventry have ended as draws.
- Blackpool have won seven and lost none of the last eight meetings with Coventry in all competitions on home soil.
- Coventry have lost their last six away games.
- The Sky Blues have lost the last five matches on the road by a single-goal margin and the last three in a row by a 0-1 scoreline.
- Blackpool have recovered four points from losing positions in the last two matches.
- The Tangerines have won four and lost none of their last six Championship matches at Bloomfield Road.
Crystal Palace v Brighton
- The last three meetings between Palace and Brighton have ended as away wins.
- The Eagles have come from behind to win the last two meetings with Brighton, netting a 90th minute goal on both occasions.
- There has been a red card in three of the last five meetings between the south coast side and Palace.
- Brighton's last win at Selhurst Park ended a run of four straight defeats in their previous four visits.
- Palace have won just one of their last six matches in all competitions and that ultimately proved fruitless as it was the first leg of the carling Cup semi-final.
- The Londoners have scored just five goals in their last eight matches in all competitions at Selhurst Park and not more than once in a game in that run.
- Brighton have won their last three Championship games.
Leicester City v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have failed to score in four of the last five games against Leicester.
- Five of the last seven meetings between the Foxes and Boro have ended as draws.
- Boro have failed to score in all three visits to the King Power Stadium.
- None of the last five Championship games involving Leicester have ended as home wins and the last three have been away victories.
- The Foxes have scored one goal in each of their last four Championship games at home, drawing three 1-1 and losing one 1-2.
- Middlesbrough have won none of their last four Championship matches and lost the last three in a row.