Championship Opta Facts - January 1st
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - January 1
Watford v Charlton Athletic
- Watford are unbeaten in their last eight encounters with Charlton.
- The Hornets have won their last three in a row against the Addicks.
- Only Cardiff and Hull have taken more points in the last six games than Watford.
- Charlton have taken the fewest points in the Championship over the past six games, only three.
Birmingham City v Cardiff City
- Cardiff are unbeaten in their last four games against Birmingham.
- Five of the last seven meetings between Birmingham and Cardiff have gone under 2.5 goals.
- Cardiff have won five of their last six league games and three of their last four away games.
- Birmingham have won just two of their last 10 league games.
Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest
- Blackburn have kept four clean sheets in their last five meetings with Forest.
- Rovers have only lost one of their last six against Forest.
- Rovers have taken only four points from their last seven league games.
- Forest have gone 212 minutes since scoring an away goal in the Championship.
- Forest have gained more points from losing positions than any other Championship team this season (15).
Blackpool v Hull City
- Blackpool are unbeaten in their last six games against Hull.
- ‘Pool scored more goals than any other Championship side in 2012 (90).
- Blackpool have won just two of their last 10 league games and just one of their last nine home league games.
- Hull have taken 16 points from their last six league games, the best return of any side in that period.
- Hull have dropped only three points from leading positions in 2012-13, fewer than any other side.
Crystal Palace v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Palace are unbeaten in their last three games against Wolves.
The last three meetings between Crystal Palace and Wolves have gone over 2.5 goals, with two of them going over 3.5.
Palace have dropped points in each of their last five league games. Overall the Eagles have dropped 20 points from leading positions, only Bolton have dropped more.
Wolves have lost three of their last four league games, failing to score in all three defeats.
Derby County v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last four meetings with Derby County.
- Derby have failed to find the back of the net in two of their last three clashes with Boro.
- The Rams have won four of their last six Championship home games.
- Boro have taken only four points from their last five away games, but have won four of their last five games overall.
Ipswich Town v Brighton and Hove Albion
- Three of the last four meetings between Ipswich and Brighton have gone over 2.5 goals.
- None of the last 29 games between Ipswich and Brighton have ended goalless.
- A third of Ipswich's points this season (10 of 30) have come since the start of December.
- Brighton have won only three of their last 17 league games.
- Each of Albion's last four Championship away games has gone over 2.5 goals.
Leeds United v Bolton Wanderers
- The last six meetings between Leeds and Bolton have produced 23 goals, an average of 3.8 per game.
- Bolton have dropped 21 points from leading positions this season, more than any other Championship side.
- Leeds have drawn none of their last 11 league games (W5 L6)
- Bolton's last two away games have produced a total of 13 goals.
Leicester City v Huddersfield Town
- Leicester have won each of their last four games against Huddersfield, scoring 11 goals in the process.
- Five of the last six games between Leicester and Huddersfield have gone over 2.5 goals.
- Leicester have mustered a total of just one goal in total in their last four league games.
- Overall each of Leicester's last four league games have gone under 1.5 goals.
- Huddersfield haven't won any of their last nine games, the longest current run in the Championship.
Millwall v Bristol City
- Five of the last seven games between Millwall and Bristol City have gone under 2.5 goals.
- The Lions have won only one of their last six games, losing the last two in a row.
- Bristol City have scored 3+ goals in five of their six league wins this season.
- If only the second half counted then Millwall would be fourth.
Peterborough United v Barnsley
- This fixture last season contained seven goals, with the Tykes winning 4-3.
- George Boyd has scored in two of the last three meetings between Posh and Barnsley.
- Posh have won three of their last four games.
- Peterborough's last six games have seen 31 goals, an average of 5.2 per game.
- Barnsley have now gone 14 games without a clean sheet.
Sheffield Wednesday v Burnley
- The last three games between Sheffield Wednesday and Burnley have produced a total of 17 goals, an average of 5.7 per game.
- Wednesday have taken 10 points from their last four league games, their best run of the season.
- The Owls have kept four clean sheets in a row - no Championship team has kept five in a row this season.
- Burnley have taken seven points from their last seven league games.