Championship Opta Facts - March 2-4
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Championship Opta Facts - March 2 - 4
Blackpool v Hull
- Blackpool have recovered more points (26) from losing positions than any other team in the Championship.
- Blackpool have scored 73% of their goals in the second half, a higher percentage than any other side in the division.
- Kevin Phillips has netted five goals in his last eight Championship matches, four them off the bench.
- The Tangerines have gone eight games without a clean sheet in the league.
- Hull have failed to score in six of their last nine league games.
- Blackpool have won three and lost none of the last four meetings in all competitions with Hull.
- There have been just four goals scored in Hull's last five away games.
Barnsley v Nottingham Forest
- Barnsley have recovered the fewest points from losing positions of any team in the Championship (1).
- Forest have conceded a division-high 34% of their goals from headers.
- After drawing five games in a row in the Autumn, Barnsley have gone 24 matches without a draw since.
- The Tykes have lost four of their last five matches.
- Forest have won just one of the last six games against Barnsley.
- Forest's last three away games have all ended with a 2-1 scoreline.
Birmingham v Derby
- Birmingham have conceded a league high 33% of their goals from long range shots this season.
- Defeat to Nottingham Forest last time out ended a run of 11 league games unbeaten for the Blues.
- That match also ended a run of four clean sheets in a row at St Andrews.
- Derby have failed to score in five of their last six Championship games, including the last four in a row.
- The Rams have netted in the first half of just one of their last 14 league matches.
- Derby's win over Birmingham earlier this season ended a run of eight games without a victory against the Blues for the Rams.
- The Blues have scored exactly one goal in each of their last four home league games against Derby
Crystal Palace v Peterborough
- Palace have conceded a league-high 73% of their goals after half-time in the Championship.
- Peterborough have conceded a league-low 44% of their goals in the second half of games this season.
- The Londoners are arguably the league's fast starters as they have scored a league-high 21% of their goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season.
- Palace have kept three clean sheets in their last four Championship matches.
- Peterborough have only netted more than once in a game on one occasion in their last 12 matches in the Championship.
- The Posh have fired in more shots on target than any other team in the division (178).
- Palace have won five and lost none of the last eight home games against Peterborough and have earned the win in the Posh's last four visits.
Doncaster v Brighton
- Doncaster have scored a joint-high proportion of goals from headers this season (33%).
- After losing four games in a row without scoring, Brighton have gone nine games without defeat.
- The Seagulls have scored in the 88th minute or later in five of their last seven league games.
- Doncaster have won none of their last six league games, drawing three and losing three.
- Doncaster have mustered just 100 shots on target this season, fewer than any other team in the Championship.
- There have been just seven goals scored in the last six meetings between Doncaster and Brighton.
- Rovers have lost just one of their last seven home matches.
Ipswich v Bristol City
- Ipswich have dropped the joint-most points from winning positions in the Championship (21).
- Bristol City have taken just one point from the last 18 available and conceded at least twice in each of their last five league matches.
- The Robins have scored just eight goals in their last 14 Championship matches.
- Michael Chopra has scored five goals in his last five Championship games.
- Bristol City have the worst conversion rate in the Championship this season, finding the net with just 9% of their attempts.
- City have failed to score in their last five games against Ipswich.
- Town have won four and lost none of the last seven league games against Bristol City.
Leicester City v Coventry
- Coventry have dropped the joint-most points from winning positions in the Championship (21).
- Leicester have scored a league-high proportion of 56% of their goals in the first half of games this season.
- The Foxes have proved susceptible from set pieces, conceding a division-high 43% from set plays this season.
- Coventry are the only team yet to win an away game in the Championship this season and they have lost the last nine in a row.
- Leicester have hit the woodwork more often than any other side in the Championship (11).
- The Foxes also have the most red cards in the second tier this season.
- Four of the last five games between Leicester and Coventry have been draws, the exception being the reverse fixture earlier this season that saw the Foxes win 1-0 away
Millwall v Reading
- Reading have dropped fewer points form winning positions than any other team in the Championship (2).
- 41% of Reading's goals have been netted in the final 15 minutes of games, a divisional high.
- Millwall have won just two of their last 10 Championship matches and kept just one clean sheet in those games.
- Reading have won their last five league games in a row without conceding.
- Reading are unbeaten in their last six games against Millwall winning four and drawing two.
- Millwall have taken just one point from the last 15 available at the New Den.
- The Royals have won their last three games on the road.
Portsmouth v Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough have won just two of their last nine Championship matches.
- Portsmouth have failed to score in four of their last five Championship matches.
- The last four meetings between Portsmouth and Middlesbrough have all ended as draws.
- There have been just five goals scored in the last five meetings between Pompey and Boro at Fratton Park.
- Pompey have won just one of their last five home games and failed to score in the last three at Fratton Park.
Watford v Burnley
- Burnley have scored a joint-high proportion of goals from headers this season (33%).
- Watford have scored a league-high proportion of goals from outside the box this season (33%).
- Burnley have scored more goals from corners (9) than any other team in the Championship.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored six goals in his last eight Championship matches.
- In the last 10 meetings between Watford and Burnley only one side has managed a clean sheet on one occasion.
- Watford have led in five of the last six meetings with Burnley but only won one, with Burnley winning three and drawing two.
Leeds Utd v Southampton
- Southampton are unbeaten in their last six Championship games, winning three of the last four.
- Southampton have won four of the last five league games against Leeds.
- Leeds have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 league games at Elland Road.
- The Saints are on their best run of away form this season, being unbeaten in their last four road trips.
- Robert Snodgrass has the joint-most assists in the Championship this season (10).
- Southampton have the best conversion rate in the Championship, scoring with 18% of their shots.
Cardiff v West Ham
- Cardiff have dropped the joint-most points from winning positions in the Championship (21).
- Part of the reason for this is their propensity to concede late as they have shipped a division-high proportion of 36% of goals conceded in the final 15 minutes of games.
- City have scored a divisional high 46% of goals from set pieces.
- Only Cardiff and Reading have scored a higher proportion from set plays than West Ham (41%).
- The Bluebirds have won just one of their last five league games and lost three of the last four.
- The Hammers have the best away record in the Championship with 30 points on the road this season.
- West Ham have lost just one of their last eight Championship games.