Championship Opta Facts - October 16
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Cardiff v Bristol City
- Bristol City were defeated 6-0 in their last meeting with Cardiff City in January.
- The sides met four times last season in all competitions, with the Bluebirds winning three and drawing one, an FA Cup third round tie at Ashton Gate.
- Michael Chopra scored four goals in four meetings with Bristol City last season (three league, one FA Cup).
- Cardiff are unbeaten at home in the Championship this season; conceding only two goals in the process.
- Bristol City have collected only one point from their last five league games.
Scunthorpe v Doncaster
- The last three matches between these two sides have seen an average of five goals per game.
- Scunthorpe have won just once in their last eight meetings with Doncaster Rovers.
- Neither Scunthorpe nor Doncaster have won any of their last four league games, both collecting only two points in the process.
- Scunthorpe have netted just one goal in their last 289 minutes of league action at home.
Barnsley v Nottingham Forest
- Only one of the last nine games between these two has ended in an away win.
- The Tykes have lost just one of their last nine league games at home against Forest.
- Barnsley have not won in four league games, scoring only two goals in the process.
- Billy Davies' side are unbeaten in nine league games, although seven of those have ended in a draw (six 1-1).
- Barnsley have conceded a league-high six goals in the final 15 minutes of games this season.
- Only one of the nine goals conceded by Forest in the Championship this term has come in the second half.
Crystal Palace v Millwall
- Three of the last four meetings between these two sides have ended 1-1.
- There has been a goal in the 89th minute or later in three of the last four clashes between the two sides.
- Palace have failed to score in five of their last seven league games.
- Millwall have not won in six league games, collecting four points in the process.
Derby v Preston
- The last meeting between these two sides ended 5-3 in favour of Derby in February.
- Four of the last six meetings between these sides in Derby have ended in a draw.
- Derby have won their last two home games in the Championship; scoring eight goals in the process.
- Preston have netted 11 goals in their last three league games away from Deepdale.
- Derby County are the only side yet to score in the final 15 minutes of a match in the Championship this term.
Ipswich v Coventry
- Each of the last eight meetings between Ipswich and Coventry has seen at least three goals scored.
- Five of the last six meetings between these two sides have ended in a home win, with the other a draw.
- Coventry last won away at Portman Road in April 1994, losing on their last four trips and failing to win in 11 in all competitions.
- Ipswich have won three of their last four league games at Portman Road.
- Only one of Ipswich's 13 league goals has come in the first half so far this season.
Leicester v Hull
- Hull have won their last two meetings against Leicester with Caleb Folan scoring in both.
- The Foxes have lost three of their last four home games against Hull City.
- Leicester have scored more goals in their last two league games (6) than in their previous seven put together (5).
- Hull City have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five matches in the league.
Portsmouth v Watford
- Portsmouth have won just twice in their last 11 games against the Hornets.
- Just two of the last 14 games between Watford and Portsmouth have seen fewer than three goals scored.
- Watford have won four of their last five league games.
- Portsmouth are unbeaten in their last three league matches, scoring 11 goals in these games, as many as in the previous 15 combined.
- No side has won more away points in the league this season than Watford (13).
- The Hornets have scored a league-high six goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season.
QPR v Norwich
- Four of the last five games between QPR and the Canaries have ended 1-0.
- Martin Rowlands has scored each of the Hoops' last four goals against Norwich: a run going back to the start of the 2006/07 season.
- QPR have not conceded a goal in any of their five home games in the Championship this season.
- Norwich have lost once in five away games in the Championship so far this term.
- QPR have already scored six penalties in the Championship this season; no other side has scored more than two.
- No side has won more points after falling behind than Norwich (7) this season.
Reading v Swansea
- Brendan Rodgers will be facing a former club for the third time in his managerial career; in the other two he has secured one win and a draw.
- Both meetings between Reading and Swansea last season ended in a draw.
- Swansea have won just once in their last 11 league games against Reading.
- Reading have kept a clean sheet in their last three league games at home, winning each time.
- The Swans have lost four of their five league games away from home this term.
- Reading have scored a league-high six goals in the final five minutes of matches this season.
Sheffield United v Burnley
- This will be the two sides' first meeting with one another since Burnley beat United 1-0 in the 2009 Championship play-off final.
- Burnley have won their last three games against the Blades.
- Sheffield United have scored only four goals in their last nine league games; failing to find the net in five of these matches.
- Burnley have drawn three of their last four league matches.
- Burnley have scored nine headed goals this season; four more than any other side in the Championship.
Middlesbrough v Leeds United
- The away team has won the last three encounters between Leeds and Middlesbrough, scoring three goals each time.
- There have been three red cards in the last four meetings between these two sides.
- Middlesbrough have not won any of their last eight home games against Leeds.
- Gordon Strachan's side have dropped only two points in their last four home games in the Championship.
- Leeds have won only one of their last five league matches.
- Leeds have conceded a league-high five goals in the opening 15 minutes of games so far this term.