English Premier League Opta Facts - 26th & 27th January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.SPL Opta Facts - 26th - 27th January
Portsmouth v West Ham United
- West Ham won none of their first seven Premier League meetings with Pompey, but have won the last two in a row.
- No Premier League away team has kept a clean sheet at Fratton Park since Everton in September.
- West Ham have gone three hours and one minute without a league goal.
- The Hammers have gone 10 Premier League games without an away win.
- Portsmouth have only recouped one point from a losing position this season, a joint low with Bolton.
- West Ham have earned seven penalties (more than any other team this season) while Pompey have conceded seven (the most).
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool
- Liverpool have won on none of their last five league visits to Molineux, losing three and drawing the last two.
- Liverpool have lost only one of their last five Premier League matches away from home.
- The Reds have only won six of their 15 Premier League matches coming into this game, but have taken 10 points from the last 12 available.
- Wolves have drawn none of their last 10 Premier League matches, winning three and losing seven, but they have lost the last three in a row.
- Wolves have kept just two clean sheets in their last 19 Premier League outings.
- Wolves have failed to score in four of their last five Premier League matches and are the division's lowest scorers with just 17 goals.
Bolton Wanderers v Burnley
- None of the last six league meetings between Bolton and Burnley have ended as home wins.
- Bolton are unbeaten in their last eight league meetings with Burnley.
- Three of the last four league meetings between Bolton and Burnley have ended as 1-1 draws.
- Burnley have gone 214 minutes without a Premier League goal.
- The Clarets have conceded at least two goals in all 11 of their Premier League away games this season.
- Burnley have not scored away from home in the league since November, a run of four games without a goal.
- Bolton have dropped 16 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, more than any other team.
Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
- Robbie Keane has scored four goals in his last five appearances against Fulham in all competitions.
- The last two meetings between Fulham and Spurs have ended as goalless draws.
- Fulham have only scored one goal in their last five Premier League visits to White Hart Lane.
- Fulham are the worst performers in top-flight London derbies this season with just two points from five games.
- Fulham have only won three out of 39 Premier League derbies away from home.
- Fulham have lost their last three Premier League matches. They haven't lost four in a row since March 2006.
- Spurs have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League matches.
Aston Villa v Arsenal
- Abou Diaby has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances against Aston Villa, including his first for the club.
- Villa have only won one of the last 22 Premier League meetings with Arsenal.
- There have been 90th minute goals scored in three of the last four league meetings between Villa and Arsenal.
- The Villans have conceded only five goals in their last 10 home games in the Premier League.
- Cesc Fabregas has scored 13 and assisted 16 goals in 25 Premier League appearances since returning from injury in April 2009.
- Arsenal have only kept back to back clean sheets away from home once since December 2005 in the Premier League.
- Aston Villa (1992/93) and Leeds United (1994/95) are the only two teams ever to have beaten all four of the "Big Four" in a single season in the Premier League. Villa will repeat this if they win this game.
Chelsea v Birmingham City
- Chelsea mustered 30 shots without scoring when the two sides met on Boxing Day.
- Birmingham have never beaten Chelsea in the Premier League, losing six and drawing five of the 11 meetings.
- Birmingham have failed to score in eight of the 11 meetings with Chelsea.
- It is 16 games in all competitions since Birmingham last beat Chelsea.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last 12 league games. The longest ever unbeaten run by a newly-promoted team in the Premier League is 13 games (Nottingham Forest in 1995).
- Chelsea have scored an average of 3.1 goals per game at home in the Premier League this season.
- Chelsea have recovered 14 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season, a league high.
Blackburn Rovers v Wigan Athletic
- Benni McCarthy has scored four goals in five Premier League starts against Wigan.
- Wigan have never won away at Blackburn in any competition, losing five and drawing one.
- Eight of Blackburn's last 10 Premier League clean sheets have come at Ewood Park.
- Rovers have been involved in four of the 11 0-0 draws in the Premier League.
- Only one club (Burnley, 34) has conceded more away goals than Wigan this season (31) but 10 teams have picked up fewer points on the road than the Latics (10).
- Wigan have not recorded two consecutive results of the same type since last August when they lost three in a row.
Everton v Sunderland
- Marouane Fellaini scored for the second time against Sunderland on Boxing Day, but both his goals have come at the Stadium of Light.
- Everton have won nine and drawn two of the last 11 meetings in all competitions with Sunderland.
- Everton enjoyed their joint-biggest Premier League win against any team when they beat Sunderland in this fixture in November 2007, winning 7-1.
- Everton have not lost at home to a team outside the 'Big Four' in the Premier League this season.
- Sunderland have leaked 16 goals in their last five league games.
- Stephen Pienaar has scored in each of his last three Premier League appearances.
- Sunderland have only won one of their last 12 Premier League matches (v Arsenal).