English Premier League Opta facts - 26 & 27 December
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Birmingham City v Chelsea
- Birmingham have never beaten Chelsea in the Premier League, losing six and drawing four of the 10 meetings.
- Birmingham have failed to score in seven of the 10 meetings with Chelsea.
- It's 15 games in all competitions since Birmingham last beat Chelsea.
- Birmingham are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League matches
- Chelsea have won just one of their last four Premier League games and one of the last six in all competitions.
- Chelsea have recouped 11 points from losing positions this season, more than any other team.
Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham have only won one away match against Fulham in the Premier League era.
- Fulham have won five and drawn two of the last seven home Premier League games against Spurs.
- Robbie Keane has scored four goals in his last four appearances against Fulham in all competitions.
- Fulham have taken 16 from a possible 18 points at Craven Cottage since their last home defeat which came against Tottenham's north London rivals Arsenal.
- Tottenham have lost only two away games this season, but both have them have been in London derbies.
- Fulham have picked up the fewest cards this season, 21 yellows and one red.
West Ham United v Portsmouth
- After seven Premier League meetings without a win over Portsmouth, West Ham beat Pompey 4-1 in their last meeting: on Boxing Day last year.
- Pompey have won three and drawn one of their four Premier League visits to Upton Park.
- Pompey have won just one of their last 22 Premier League away matches.
- Portsmouth have only scored five goals in their last 14 Premier League road trips.
- The Hammers have only won two of their last nine Premier League home matches.
- Gianfranco Zola's side have not kept a clean sheet in their last 12 Premier League games at Upton Park, shipping 25 goals.
Burnley v Bolton Wanderers
- None of the last five league meetings between Bolton and Burnley have ended as home wins.
- Bolton are unbeaten in their last seven league meetings with Burnley.
- Bolton have never won away from home on Boxing Day in the Premier League, losing four and drawing one.
- Burnley have gone seven Premier League matches without a win or a clean sheet.
- The Clarets have lost just one of nine Premier League matches at home, but they have won just one of the last five and drawn the last three in a row.
- Bolton have picked up just one point from their last four Premier League away games.
- The Trotters have kept one clean sheet on the road in their last 20 matches.
Manchester City v Stoke City
- Robinho scored a hat-trick in this fixture at the City of Manchester Stadium last season.
- Stoke have scored a league-low six goals in the second half of Premier League matches this season.
- Stoke have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League matches.
- Carlos Tevez has scored four goals in his last four Premier League matches.
- It is seven Premier League games since Man City kept a clean sheet and they have conceded three goals in each of their last three matches.
- Stoke have won just three of 28 Premier League away matches.
- Man City have lost just one of their last 18 Premier League games at the City of Manchester Stadium and won 14 of the others.
Sunderland v Everton
- Sunderland have failed to score in their last four league meetings with Everton at the Stadium of Light.
- There have been eight Premier League meetings between the Black Cats and the Toffees on Wearside and there have been no draws. Both sides have won four apiece.
- Everton have won nine and drawn one of the last 10 meetings in all competitions with Sunderland, including the last four in a row.
- Everton have won only one of their last 11 Premier League games and have drawn the last three in a row.
- Sunderland have won just two of their last 11 Premier League games and those victories came against Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Louis Saha has scored for Everton in five of his last six Premier League away appearances.
Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers
- Three of the four Premier League meetings between Blackburn and the Latics at Wigan have ended 3-0 and the other was a 5-3 win for Wigan with two players scoring hat-tricks.
- Benni McCarthy has scored three goals in four Premier League starts against Wigan.
- Rovers have won one and lost 12 of their last 14 Premier League away matches.
- Blackburn have failed to score in five of their last six Premier League matches.
- Wigan have scored at least once in 10 of their last 11 league games.
- The Latics have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 league matches.
- 76% of the goals Wigan have conceded have been shipped in the second half, the highest proportion in the top division.
Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- 71% of the goals Wolves have scored have been netted after the break, the highest proportion in the top flight.
- Liverpool have won just four and lost nine of their last 17 games in all competitions.
- Liverpool have scored a joint-high seven goals from substitutes this season.
- The Reds have only lost two of their last 39 Premier League matches at Anfield, but have won just one of the last four.
- Wolves have won one and lost five of their last eight Premier League away matches.
- Liverpool have dropped 27 points so far. In 2008-09 they dropped just 28 in the whole season.
Arsenal v Aston Villa
- Aston Villa are the only Premier League team who have never lost at the Emirates Stadium.
- Villa have only won one of the last 21 Premier League meetings with Arsenal but that came last season at the Emirates.
- None of the last six league meetings between Arsenal and Villa has ended as a home win.
- Abou Diaby has scored three goals in five Premier League appearances against Aston Villa, including his first for the club.
- Villa have kept four clean sheets in a row - their longest run in the Premier League is five set in 1998.
- Martin O'Neill's side have won four Premier League games in a row. If they beat Arsenal they will equal their longest ever run set in 1996 and repeated in 1998.
- This match pits the league's best attack (Arsenal 44 goals scored) against the best defence (Aston Villa 14 goals conceded).
Hull City v Manchester United
- Man Utd won both Premier League games against Hull last season by a one-goal margin.
- United haven't drawn away from home since December 2008, a run of 19 games where they have won 14 and lost five.
- Man Utd have lost three of their last five Premier League away matches.
- United's five defeats away from home in the last 12 months have all seen them fail to score, whenever they have found the net they have won.
- The Tigers have lost just one of their last eight Premier League home matches.
- 65% of the goals Hull have scored have been netted in the first half, the highest proportion in the top division.
- Sir Alex Ferguson's side are the only Premier League team not to drop any points from leading positions in the Premier League this season.