English Premier League Opta facts - 9-11 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Hull City v Chelsea
- Chelsea have won on their last four visits to Hull in all competitions, scoring 15 and conceding just one over the course of those four games.
- The Tigers have won none of their last six Premier League matches.
- Hull have lost only one of their last seven Premier League matches at the KC Stadium and that was to Manchester United in their last game on home soil.
- Chelsea have taken just two points from the last nine available away from home in the Premier League.
- The last time Chelsea went four games away from home without a victory was between December and February last season.
- Frank Lampard has scored six goals this season, but only one of those has come from open play, the other five were penalties.
Arsenal v Everton
- Tim Cahill has scored three goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Arsenal.
- Eduardo has scored three goals in two Premier League appearances against the Toffees.
- The Gunners have won 12 and drawn one of the last 13 league encounters on home soil with Everton since the Toffees last won away in north London.
- Arsenal have enjoyed a 7-0 home win and a 6-1 away win (earlier this season) over Everton, both of which are joint-records for the club in the Premier League.
- The Toffees have only scored two goals in their last five visits to play Arsenal.
- Everton have kept just one clean sheet in their last nine Premier League away matches.
Burnley v Stoke City
- There have only been two goals scored in the last three league meetings between Burnley and Stoke at Turf Moor.
- Stoke have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six Premier League matches.
- Tony Pulis' side have won just one of their last 11 Premier League away matches and taken just one point from the last five on the road.
- Burnley have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League games.
- The Clarets have gone nine Premier League matches without a win.
- The last four Premier League matches at Turf Moor have all ended 1-1.
Fulham v Portsmouth
- Fulham have won three and lost none of the last four Premier League meetings with Portsmouth.
- Pompey are without a win in 14 Premier League games against teams from London, losing the last nine.
- Fulham are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League matches at Craven Cottage, winning five of those.
- The Whites have kept four clean sheets in their last five league games on home soil and conceded only one goal in the other game.
- Fulham have not lost three league games in a row since October 2008.
- Pompey have won just one of their last 23 Premier League away matches.
Sunderland v Bolton Wanderers
- Darren Bent has scored seven goals in his last seven Premier League appearances against Bolton and four of those were only substitute cameos.
- Matt Taylor has scored four goals in six Premier League appearances against Sunderland.
- Darren Bent has scored the first goal of the game on 10 occasions this season.
- Sunderland have only scored three goals in their last four Premier League matches at the Stadium of light, all by Bent.
- The Black Cats have only won one of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- Ivan Klasnic has scored five goals in his last six Premier League matches.
Wigan Athletic v Aston Villa
- The home team has failed to score in the last four Premier League meetings between Villa and Wigan.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored in his last two trips to the renamed DW Stadium.
- Wigan have conceded eight headed goals, more than any other team.
- Aston Villa have scored nine headed goals, the joint-highest of any club in the top division.
- The Latics have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches.
- After winning four games in a row without conceding, Villa have lost their last two games without scoring.
Birmingham City v Manchester United
- The last three Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Birmingham have all ended as 1-0 wins for the Red Devils.
- Wayne Rooney has scored four goals in five Premier League starts for Man Utd against Birmingham.
- Birmingham have failed to score in nine of the 11 Premier League meetings with Man Utd.
- Man Utd are the only team not to have dropped any points from winning positions in the Premier League this season.
- Man Utd have only won one of the last five Premier League games with Mark Clattenburg as the referee.
- Man Utd have not drawn an away game in the league since December 2008, a run of 20 matches on the road without a tie.
West Ham United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Wes Ham have won four and drawn two of the last six matches where Wolves have been the visitors.
- 71% of the goals Wolves have scored have been netted in the second half, the highest proportion in the Premier League.
- Alessandro Diamanti has scored three goals in his last four Premier League appearances.
- Wolves have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League matches.
- Wolves have won just one of their last nine Premier League games away from home, but that did come in London at Spurs.
- There have been 38 goals scored at Upton Park this season, more than at any other stadium in the Premier League.
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham have not won away in the league at any of the big four clubs since August 1993 when they defeated Liverpool at Anfield, a run of 65 games without a victory.
- Liverpool have won 11 and drawn five of the last 16 Premier League meetings at Anfield since Spurs last won.
- Spurs have won three and lost one of the four meetings in all competitions with Liverpool since Harry Redknapp joined the club, but all three victories were at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 league meetings with the Reds.
- Spurs have kept four clean sheets in a row. The last time they kept five consecutive shut outs was in February 2001 and that is their joint-record in the Premier League era.
- Liverpool have lost just two of their last 40 Premier League matches at Anfield.
Manchester City v Blackburn Rovers
- Blackburn have recouped 10 points from losing positions this season, only Chelsea have come back to gain more (14).
- Carlos Tevez has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League matches.
- Blackburn are aiming to score in a third consecutive Premier League match - they have only managed to do this once this season.
- 31% of the goals Blackburn have conceded have been scored in the 15 minutes after half-time, the highest percentage in the Premier League.
- Rovers have won none of their last eight Premier League matches.
- Morten Gamst Pedersen has netted three goals against Man City, his joint-highest tally against any opponent.