Europa League Opta Facts - 16-18 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Europa League Opta Facts
Everton v Sporting Lisbon
- Everton's only previous encounters with Portuguese opposition came earlier this season in the competition, losing 5-0 away and 2-0 at home to Benfica.
- Sporting have won on just one of their last four trips to play in England, losing twice.
- The Toffees have scored just one goal over the course of their last four matches in the Europa League.
- Everton have lost their last two Europa League matches at home, failing to score in either.
- The Portuguese side have lost only one of their last six matches in the Europa League.
- Four of Sporting Lisbon's eight goals in Europe this season have come in the 85th minute or later.
Fulham v Shakhtar Donetsk
- Fulham meet Ukrainian opposition for the first time in a competitive match.
- Fulham are unbeaten in eight matches on home soil in European competition.
- Fulham are the third English side Shakhtar have faced, and the third from London, after Arsenal (2000/01) and Spurs (2007/08).
- Last season's UEFA Cup winners have drawn once (vs Spurs) and lost once (vs Arsenal) in London.
- The Whites have scored exactly once in five of their last six matches in the Europa League.
- Fulham have opened the scoring in their last five matches in Europe.
- Defeat in their last match in the competition (1-0 vs Partizan), ended a run of 13 matches unbeaten in the Europa League/UEFA Cup for Shakhtar.
- The Ukrainian side has not conceded more than once in any of its last 17 matches in Europe (excluding qualifiers).
Liverpool v Unirea Urziceni
- Liverpool have lost just one of their 11 matches against Romanian opposition, and have progressed to the next stage each time they have met them in European competition.
- The Reds have conceded just one goal in their last four clashes with sides from Romania.
- Unirea find themselves playing English opposition for the first time in European competition.
- Liverpool have lost three of their last four matches on home soil in European competition.
- The Reds have not scored more than once in a match in Europe this season.
- Unirea have scored in their last five matches in Europe (all Champions League).