Europa League Opta Facts - Semi-Final 1st leg
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Benfica v Sporting Braga
- This is the first time that Benfica have faced fellow Portuguese opposition in Europe.
- In their last six meetings in the Portuguese Liga, these two sides have never shared the points, with Benfica leading by four wins to two.
- This season in the league both meetings between these two sides were won by the home side.
- Benfica and Braga also met in the last 32 of the domestic cup this season: on that occasion the Eagles prevailed 2-0.
- Benfica are still unbeaten in the Europa League this season; winning four and drawing two.
- Braga are unbeaten in their last five European games, although they have been held to a draw in their last three.
- Away from home, Braga have managed only one win in their last six games in the Europa League.
FC Porto v Villarreal
- This will be the first ever meeting between these two sides.
- Porto have suffered 18 defeats in their 36 previous meetings against Spanish opposition in European competition.
- Villarreal have faced Portuguese opposition only once in European competitions - in the Group stage of the Champions League 2005/06 winning at home and drawing away against Benfica.
- Porto have won 10 of the 12 games played in the Europa League this season.
- Villarreal have won seven of their last eight games in the Europa League, drawing the other.
- The Yellow Submarine have scored two or more goals in each of their last five games in Europa League.
- This game will see the two top goalscorers in the 2010-11 Europa League come up against one another; Porto striker Falcao (11) and Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi (10).