French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 16-17 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Auxerre v Bordeaux
- Auxerre won both league encounters against Bordeaux last term.
- This match will be Jean Fernandez's 500th league appearance as a manager.
- The last six Ligue 1 matches hosted at L'Abbe Deschamps stadium have all produced a draw.
- Bordeaux have won just one of their last 12 away games in the top flight.
- Bordeaux have kept a clean sheet in their last three league games, their longest run so far this calendar year.
- 50% of the goals netted by Bordeaux this season in Ligue 1 have come after the 85th minute.
- Wendel has scored three goals in his last three trips to Auxerre in Ligue 1.
Brest v Arles-Avignon
- Brest have won their last three league matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Arles-Avignon have lost all of their matches this season in Ligue 1.
- Brest have kept a clean sheet in their last five league matches, currently the longest shutout in Ligue 1.
- Brest have conceded the joint-fewest goals (four), while Arles-Avignon have shipped the most (20).
- The two encounters between both sides last season produced nine goals in total.
- Games involving Brest have produced a league-low 11 goals this term.
- Referee Tony Chapron has shown a total of three red cards in the two Ligue 1 games he has been in charge of this season.
- Alex Dupont has lost just one of his 22 home games as a Ligue 1 manager.
Caen v Monaco
- Caen are unbeaten in their last five competitive encounters against Monaco (two wins and three draws).
- Monaco have opened the scoring in their last three league meetings against Caen but have failed to win these matches (two draws and one defeat).
- Caen have failed to score in their last two home matches in the league.
- Monaco have failed to win their last 13 away games in the top flight, currently the longest winless run on the road.
- Monaco have received the most yellow cards this term (23).
- Youssef El Arabi has scored or assisted 75% of Caen's goals this term.
Marseille v Nancy
- Marseille have won 12 of their 15 home games in the league this calendar year.
- Nancy are one of three teams who are still unbeaten away from home this season in Ligue 1, they have scored the joint-most goals on the road (six).
- Marseille are the only side that have scored in every match day this term.
- Nancy are one of two teams who have yet to keep a clean sheet this season in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have won their last three league encounters against Nancy.
- 90% of the goals conceded by Marseille this term have come in the second half of games.
- Julien Feret has scored or assisted 56% of Nancy's goals this term in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have found the net in their last four trips to Marseille in the league.
Montpellier v Sochaux
- Sochaux have scored a league-high 16 goals this term, already 57% of their total last season (28).
- Montpellier won both of their games against Sochaux last season in the league, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- Sochaux are one of two Ligue 1 teams that have lost all of their away games so far this season.
- Sochaux have won just one of their last 17 away matches in the league.
- Olivier Giroud has scored three goals in his last two Ligue 1 matches, including two from the penalty spot.
- Games involving Sochaux have seen the most goals so far this season (25).
Nice v St Etienne
- Nice are unbeaten in their last seven Ligue 1 matches against St Etienne, winning five and drawing two.
- However St Etienne have won two League Cup games against Nice recently, scoring six goals in the process.
- Nice have won just one of their last six home games in the league (four defeats and one draw).
- St Etienne have won their last two away games in the top flight, the last time they won three in a row was in 1979/80.
- Gonzalo Bergessio has netted three goals in three competitive appearances against Nice.
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last seven league fixtures, their longest run since May 2008.
- A league-high 15 different Nice players have been booked this season.
Toulouse v Paris SG
- Toulouse have failed to win their last four league games, losing two and drawing two.
- PSG won 2-0 at Lens on their previous away game in the league, their first victory on the road this calendar year in the French championship.
- Toulouse have won four of their last six league meetings against PSG.
- Paris have lost in their last two trips to Toulouse in the league.
- PSG have kept a clean sheet in their last 586 minutes of competitive football.
- Apoula Edel is the only Ligue 1 goalkeeper who has yet to concede a goal this season.
- PSG have drawn 0-0 more times this season in Ligue 1 (three) than during the whole of last season (two).
- Nene has found the net in his last three away appearances in all competitions.
Lens v Rennes
- Lens have failed to win their last six Ligue 1 games, only Arles-Avignon are currently on a worse run.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last nine competitive matches against Lens, winning five and drawing four.
- Lens have lost their four Ligue 1 games against sides currently ranked in the top half of the table this term.
- Rennes have won three of their four away matches this season in Ligue 1, drawing the other.
- Victor Montano scored in his last two trips to the Felix-Bollaert stadium in the league; his three goals this season have all come on the road.
- Lens have conceded a joint league-high 10 goals at home this term, they are one of four sides who have yet to register a home win.
- A total of three red cards were shown in the two league meetings between Lens and Rennes last season.
Lorient v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have failed to win their last 10 away games in the top flight, four defeats and six draws.
- Lorient are unbeaten in their last three league encounters against Valenciennes, winning one and drawing two.
- Valenciennes have not kept a clean sheet in the league match day one this season.
- Valenciennes have failed to win their five games against teams from the bottom half of the table this season: four draws and one defeat.
- Lynel Kitambala has netted three goals in his four competitive appearances at the Moustoir stadium this season.
Lyon v Lille
- Lille are unbeaten in their last five competitive matches against Lyon, winning three and drawing two.
- Lyon have won just one of their four home games this season in Ligue 1 (1-0 v Brest).
- Lille are still unbeaten after eight match days, the last time they managed to remain undefeated in the opening eight games was in 2001/02.
- Five of the six Lille away games this season in all competitions have produced a draw.
- Lyon have never conceded more than one goal in a home match in Ligue 1 this calendar year.
- A league-high 91% of Lille's goals have come from strikers this season.
- Gervinho has netted four goals in his last three Ligue 1 starts.
- Jimmy Briand has either scored or assisted 71% of Lyon goals this season in the league.
- Pierre-Alain Frau has scored in his last two appearances against his former club Lyon.