French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 7th and 8th April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
7th and 8th April 2012
Ajaccio v St Etienne Bet Now
- St Etienne are winless in their last five Ligue 1 trips to Ajaccio.
- Ajaccio are now unbeaten in seven consecutive home games in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne are currently enduring a run of three consecutive defeats in the league.
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored over half of his team's away goals this term in the top flight (eight out of 15).
- Ajaccio are on a run of three consecutive draws in Ligue 1.
- Mehdi Mostefa has picked up more bookings than any other Ligue 1 player this term (13).
Brest v Lille Bet Now
- Lille are currently on a run of three consecutive wins in Ligue 1.
- Lille have won each of their last three Ligue 1 encounters against Brest, netting seven goals in the process.
- Brest have suffered four consecutive defeats in Ligue 1, currently the longest run.
- Lille have scored a league-high 55 goals this term while Brest have netted a league-low 24.
- Brest are winless this season in all previous seven games against current top five sides.
- Eden Hazard has both scored (seven) and set up (six) more goals than any other player in Ligue 1 since the turn of the year.
Dijon v Nancy Bet Now
- Nancy are currently enjoying their best run of the season in Ligue 1 with three consecutive wins.
- Dijon have scored in all of their last 13 Ligue 1 games, equalling this season's record, established by Evian TG.
- Dijon have conceded a league-high 17 goals in the last 15 minutes of games this season.
- Only one visiting side have managed to keep a clean sheet at the Gaston Gérard stadium this season in Ligue 1 (Sochaux).
- Bakaye Traore has scored an 18th minute goal in both of his last two league appearances.
Evian TG v Rennes Bet Now
- Rennes have won all three previous competitive encounters against Evian TG.
- ETG and Rennes have played each other twice this season (in L1 and Coupe de France), with Rennes winning both encounters 3-2.
- Evian TG have lost their last two league games at their Parc des Sports stadium, conceding three goals in both defeats.
- Rennes have currently enduring their longest run without a win this season in Ligue 1 (four games).
- ETG have scored more Ligue 1 goals in the opening 30 minutes than any other side this term (15).
- No team has managed more away wins than Rennes in Ligue 1 this season (seven).
- Julien Féret has scored three goals in his two appearances against ETG this season.
Montpellier v Sochaux Bet Now
- Montpellier are the only side with a 100% record at home in Ligue 1 since the turn of the year, winning six games out of six and keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- The last 10 Ligue 1 goals at La Mosson stadium have all been scored by the home side.
- Since earning promotion to Ligue 1 in 2009, Montpellier have won four of their five league meetings with Sochaux.
- Olivier Giroud scored a hat trick in the reverse fixture between these sides earlier this season.
- Sochaux have won three of their four league matches since Eric Hély was appointed as manager.
- Montpellier have picked up 40 points out of a possible 45 at their La Mosson stadium this season.
Valenciennes v Toulouse Bet Now
- Toulouse, who won the reverse fixture, have never beaten Valenciennes twice in a single Ligue 1 campaign.
- Valenciennes have failed to score in any of their last two league encounters against Toulouse.
- No Ligue 1 team has conceded fewer goals at home that Valenciennes this season (eight).
- Toulouse have managed the most wins by a one-goal margin this season in Ligue 1 (nine) while VAFC have suffered the joint-most defeats by the same margin (eight alongside Brest and Nice).
- Toulouse have picked up more red cards than any other side this season in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse have managed three victories in their last four away games in Ligue 1 (seven).
Lyon v Auxerre Bet Now
- Lyon have won four of their five last competitive games, drawing the other match.
- Lyon are the only team to have scored in every home game in Ligue 1 this season.
- OL have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight home matches in the league.
- Lyon have yet to draw 0-0 this term in the league.
- Auxerre have yet to win on the road this season in Ligue 1, their last away win was in May 2011 at Lorient.
- Auxerre have only won one of their last 15 trips to the Gerland stadium in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre have now gone 18 league games without a penalty awarded to them, longer than any other current Ligue 1 side.
- Since his arrival in Ligue 1 during the summer of 2009, Lisandro has scored 42 goals in league, only Kevin Gameiro has been more prolific during that period (50).
- Dennis Oliech is the top scorer amongst players from teams in the bottom half of the table this season, with 10 goals.
Caen v Bordeaux Bet Now
- Bordeaux have only won once in 11 previous trips to Caen in Ligue 1 (a 1-0 win on May 30th 2009 that earned Les Girondins the league title), losing seven and drawing three.
- Caen are the worst home team this season in Ligue 1, with only 17 points picked up at the Michel D'Ornano stadium.
- Bordeaux have lost six points after leading in their last three league games, on each occasion scoring first before conceding a late equalizer.
- Bordeaux have only won one of their last six league games (2-0 v Brest), their last three fixtures all ending in draws.
- Caen have failed to score in five of their last six Ligue 1 games.
- Caen have only won one if their last 10 home games in all competitions, drawing their last three.
- Seven penalty kicks have been awarded at the Michel D'Ornano stadium this season in Ligue 1, all in favour of Caen.
Nice v Lorient Bet Now
- Nice have won four of their five previous home games against Lorient in Ligue 1, keeping a clean sheet in all four wins.
- If the season had started in 2012, Lorient would rank at the bottom of the league.
- Lorient have won just one of their last 15 league fixtures.
- Nice are the only team in Ligue 1 this term whose defenders have scored more goals than their strikers.
- Lorient are on a run of 11 consecutive league matches without a clean sheet.
- Lorient have failed to win any of their last 14 away games in Ligue 1.
- Three of the last four league fixtures at the Stade du Ray have ended as draws.
Paris SG v Marseille Bet Now
- Marseille have won five of their last six Ligue 1 encounters against Paris SG.
- Marseille are now winless in 10 competitive fixtures, suffering nine defeats in the process.
- PSG have won just 45% of their league games since the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti as manager, compared to 63% under Antoine Kombouare earlier in the season.
- PSG have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 11 league encounters against their arch rivals.
- Loïc Rémy has netted four goals in his seven previous league appearances against PSG.
- Guillaume Hoarau has scored in each of his last three league appearances at the Parc des Princes stadium.
- Nenê has netted 12 goals in just 15 appearances at the Parc des Princes this season in Ligue 1.
- The reverse fixture earlier in this campaign saw Marseille record their biggest win of the season in Ligue 1 (3-0), and PSG suffer their heaviest defeat.