French Ligue 1 Opta Facts - matchday 12
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Facts Ligue 1
09-11 November 2012
Nancy v Rennes
- There have been three fixtures in 2012 between Nancy and Rennes, in three different competitions (Ligue 1, Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue). Rennes have won the two cup games and the league game has ended in a draw.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last six trips to Nancy in Ligue 1 (W3, D3).
- Nancy are winless in their last 10 league games, longest current drought.
- Nancy have failed to score in their last 865 minutes in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have lost five of their last seven away games in the top-flight.
- Romain Alessandrini is involved in seven of the last 10 competitive goals for Rennes (four goals, three assists)
Lille - Brest
- Brest have lost 10 of their 12 league trips to Lille (W1, D1, L10), more than any other team in the top-flight.
- Lille have lost only eight of their 81 home games in Ligue 1 under Rudi Garcia's management (W53, D20, L8).
- Lille have scored in each of their last 23 home league games (55 goals in total).
- Brest are the only team to have lost all of their trips in Ligue 1 this season.
- Dimitri Payet has scored in each of his last three games in the top-division against Brest.
- Eden Ben Basat has scored four goals with his four shots on target this season in Ligue 1, but has failed to find the net on the road.
Bastia v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have won none of their 15 competitive games played in Bastia (D3, L12)
- Bastia are unbeaten in their last four league fixtures against Valenciennes (W2, D2).
- Bastia have lost only two of their 48 home competitive games under Frederic Hantz's management (W36, D10, L2).
- Valenciennes have scored every 5.7 shots this season in Ligue 1, only Barcelona have a better ratio in the top 5 European leagues (one goal every 4.5 shots).
- Bastia have the worst defence in Ligue 1 this season (26 goals conceded).
- Midfielder Foued Kadir is involved in the last three Valenciennes goals in Ligue 1 (one goal, two assists).
Reims v Evian TG
- Evian have won three of their four competitive fixtures against Reims, including their two trips at Auguste-Delaune.
- Evian have lost their last three league games, currently the worst run in Ligue 1.
- Reims are unbeaten in their last five home games in Ligue 1 (W4, D1).
- Reims are winless in their last three league games (D1, L2).
- Reims have never conceded more than one goal in their last nine games in the top-flight.
St Etienne v Troyes
- Troyes have lost 10 of their 12 trips to St Etienne in Ligue 1 (W1, D1, L10).
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last six league games (W3, D3), current longest run in the top-flight.
- St Etienne have conceded only one goal in their last five home games in Ligue 1, and none in the last three.
- Troyes are unbeaten in their last four competitive games (W2, D2).
- Troyes are winless in their last 15 away games in Ligue 1 (D4, L11).
- Troyes have managed to keep a clean sheet only once this season in Ligue 1.
- Stephane Ruffier is unbeaten in the last 12 shots on target he's faced at Geoffroy-Guichard in Ligue 1.
Toulouse v Ajaccio
- Ajaccio have lost three of their four away games in Toulouse in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse are unbeaten in their five home games in Ligue 1 this season (W2, D3). The last team to beat them at the Stadium were Ajaccio on the final matchday of last season.
- Toulouse have scored at least two goals in each of their last three home games in L1.
- Ajaccio are winless in their last four Ligue 1 games (D2, L2), their worst run this season.
- Ajaccio have conceded at least two goals in each of their last five away games in Ligue 1.
- Wissam Ben Yedder is involved in 44% of Toulouse's L1 goals this season (seven goals, one assist).
Marseille v Nice
- Nice have lost 47 games against Marseille in Ligue 1, worst tally against a top flight opponent.
- Nice have scored in each of their last nine games in Ligue 1, longest current run.
- OM have scored the opening goal eight times in L1 this season, more than any other team.
- OM are unbeaten in their last seven league games at Stade Vélodrome (W5, D2).
- Nice have only won once in their last nine away league games.
- Six of Marseille's last seven goals against Nice in Ligue 1 have been scored by the Ayew brothers : André (4) and Jordan (2).
Lorient v Bordeaux
- Lorient have only kept a clean sheet twice in 30 league games in 2012.
- Lorient are winless in their last six league games (D4, L2), worst current run behind Nancy.
- Lorient and Bordeaux's last three league encounters at the Moustoir stadium have all ended in a draw.
- Lorient have conceded 12 goals in their last three league games.
- Bordeaux have only won twice in their last nine league games (D6, L1).
- Jérémie Aliadière has scored three goals in his last two home games in Ligue 1.
Sochaux v Lyon
- Lyon have won eight of their last nine away league games in Sochaux.
- Lyon have always scored in their last 14 trips to Bonal stadium in the league.
- Lyon are one of only two teams unbeaten away from home in Ligue 1 this season, alongside PSG.
- Lyon's last three away league games have all ended 1-1.
- Sochaux have won seven of their 11 home league games under Eric Hély.
- All four of Lisandro's league goals this season have come in the second-half.
Montpellier v Paris SG
- Since their return to the top flight in 2009/10, Montpellier have failed to win at home against PSG in Ligue 1 (D2, L1).
- Paris Saint-Germain have scored in each of their last 10 league games against Montpellier.
- With Lyon, PSG are the only unbeaten team away from home in Ligue 1 this season.
- Montpellier have lost 10 points from winning positions in Ligue 1 this season, more than any other side.
- Montpellier have failed to keep a clean sheet at home in L1 this season, meanwhile PSG have managed to keep seven overall, best tally in the league in 2012/13.
- Souleymane Camara has scored in four of his five home Ligue 1 games this season.