French Ligue Opta Facts - 20 - 21 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
French Ligue 1 Opta Facts
Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st February 2010
Boulogne-sur-Mer v Le Mans
- Le Mans are without a win in their last seven competitive games.
- Le Mans have yet to take a single point in their 11 fixtures on the road this season, the all-time record is held by Lille, who lost their first 14 away games in 1976/77.
- Boulogne have not scored a goal in their last three home matches, currently the longest run in Ligue 1.
- Boulogne have netted a league-low 16 goals, scoring only once in the last six match days.
- 50% of Boulogne goals have been scored in the 15 minutes before half time.
- No Boulogne player has scored more than three goals this season in the league.
Grenoble v Valenciennes
- Grenoble have never managed to beat Valenciennes in the top flight.
- Grenoble have registered more draws against VAFC than against any other side in Ligue 1: five.
- Valenciennes drew in their three visits to Grenoble in Ligue 1.
- Grenoble have netted eight goals in their last two competitive fixtures at home.
- A league-high 10 Valenciennes goals have been scored by defenders.
- Grenoble had 17 more points to their name at the same stage last season.
- Grenoble have already lost 18 times, their worst-ever tally in a Ligue 1 season.
- Valenciennes have never drawn a match this season away from home (six wins, six defeats).
- Six of the seven goals scored by Danijel Ljuboja this season in all competitions have come at the Stade des Alpes.
Lens v Monaco
- Monaco have failed to win at Lens in the league since 1996/97.
- Four of the last five Monaco trips to Felix Bollaert have ended in a draw.
- Lens have lost more times against Monaco (43) than against any other side in their Ligue 1 history.
- Nene has netted five goals against teams from the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region this season.
- Lens have won 70% of their competitive matches this season when Toifilou Maoulida has featured in the starting line up.
- Eduardo has netted three goals in his last four competitive appearances at the Felix Bollaert stadium.
Nice v Lorient
- Nice have failed to win their last 11 league games, currently the longest run.
- Loic Remy has netted three goals in the last two encounters between these two sides.
- Lorient have won 10 matches this season, however, they have led in 16.
- Nice have failed to keep a clean sheet in Ligue 1 since November 2009.
- Kevin Gameiro has scored 10 league goals this season, he is the second-most prolific French goal scorer across the top five European leagues, only Louis Saha has netted more (13).
- Lorient are the only side yet to concede a penalty this season in the top flight.
- Nice is one of two teams yet to draw 0-0 this season in Ligue 1.
St Etienne v Montpellier
- Montpellier have lost nine of their 11 trips to St Etienne in the league.
- Montpellier have won 62.5% of their games this season, which is their best-ever ratio in Ligue 1.
- None of the last 12 league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Montpellier have won their last five league games, currently the longest run and also their best ever streak in the top flight.
- Montpellier have also kept a clean sheet during these five consecutive wins.
- St Etienne are the only side yet to recover a single point from losing positions this season.
- Bakary Sako has netted four goals in all competitions this season, all in 2010.
- Victor Montano has opened the scoring on six occasions, a record this season.
- Montpellier have so far won all of their eight league matches against bottom 5 teams.
- A league-low 18 goals have been scored at the Geoffroy Guichard stadium this season.
Paris SG v Toulouse
- Toulouse have won their last two trips to the Parc des Princes stadium in Ligue 1.
- Toulouse remain unbeaten in their last five league meetings against PSG, winning four, drawing one.
- Paris SG have lost their last two home games in the league, failing to score in the process.
- TFC have already lost more league matches this term (eight) than last season (six).
- Paris SG have collected just one point in Ligue 1 in 2010, a league-low this year.
- Every Toulouse defeat this season in Ligue 1 has been by a one-goal margin.
- 11 Toulouse matches this season in Ligue 1 have been goalless at half time.
- Toulouse tough tackler Etienne Capoue has been booked nine times this season, a joint-league high.
Marseille v Nancy
Sochaux v Lyon
- Lyon have won their last six trips to the Bonal stadium in the league.
- Sochaux won 2-0 in the first leg, however they have failed to do a league double against the seven-times champions since 1991/92.
- Sochaux remain unbeaten in their last five home fixtures in Ligue 1 winning four and drawing one.
- Lyon are undefeated in the last five match days, currently the longest run alongside Toulouse and Montpellier.
- Sochaux have drawn their last three league matches, currently the longest run.
- Cesar Delgado has scored seven goals in his Lyon career, all of them in the second half.
- Sochaux goalkeeper Teddy Richert has kept 11 clean sheets this season, a joint record.
- Lyon have so far won only one of their six Ligue 1 games played after a Champions League fixture this season.
Rennes v Lille
- Rennes have won just one of their last 14 league encounters against Lille.
- Lille have kept only one clean sheet in their last 16 trips to Rennes in the top flight.
- Lille have scored on average 1.92 goals per game this season, their most prolific season in the top flight since 1957/58 (2.01).
- Gervinho has netted three goals in his last four competitive appearances against Rennes.
- Rennes are the only side yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes this season in the top flight.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last six home games in the league, winning five and drawing one.
- Rennes have netted eight goals in their last two Ligue 1 home matches.
- Sylvain Marveaux has scored five goals in his last four competitive starts.
- Ludovic Obraniak has netted three goals in his last three league starts.
- Yohan Cabaye has scored four penalty goals, a record this season in Ligue 1.
Marseille v Nancy
- Nancy are unbeaten in their two trips to the Stade Velodrome, winning 3-0 last season.
- Marseille have won their last three home games in all competitions, their best form at the Velodrome stadium this season.
- 3.9 goals have been scored on average when Nancy travel to Marseille in Ligue 1.
- Youssouf Hadji has netted three goals in his last two trips to Marseille.
- Nancy are undefeated in their last four away matches, currently the longest run in the league.
- Brandao scored in both of his two appearances against Nancy.
- Mathieu Valbuena has scored in his last two competitive appearances at the Stade Velodrome.
- A league-high 69% of the goals conceded by Nancy have come after the half time break (22/32).
- Marseille have failed to keep a clean sheet in the last six match days, only Nice are on a worse run (11).