French Ligue Opta Facts - 27-28 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
French Ligue 1 Opta Facts
- Four of Sochaux's five draws have come in 2010.
- There has never been a goalless draw between these two sides in the top flight.
- Sochaux are unbeaten in their last four league meetings against Lorient.
- Sochaux have conceded more goals than any other away side at the Moustoir stadium in Ligue 1 history (nine).
- Sochaux have won none of their last six away games in the league, scoring only once in the process.
- Sochaux have netted the second fewest goals away from home this season (five).
- Lorient have only won one of their last six home matches in Ligue 1.
- Lorient have failed to score in just one of their 12 home games this season in the league.
- Lorient are the most prolific Ligue 1 side in the 15 minutes on either side of the half time break (19 goals).
- Lyon have racked up the most points in 2010 (16).
- Nice have failed to win at Gerland stadium in the league since 1973.
- Lyon have kept a clean sheet for the last 440 minutes in all competitions.
- The last three league meetings between Lyon and Nice have produced 14 goals.
- Lyon are unbeaten in the last six match days, currently the longest run.
- Lyon have collected just eight points out of a possible 15 in their games against bottom 5 teams this season.
- Olympique Lyonnais have scored a league-high 17 goals in the last 15 minutes of their games.
- Nice have conceded 10 goals from South American players, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Boulogne conceded eight goals in their last trip to Monaco, in a promotion playoff in 1973: 8-1 with five Monaco goals scored by Brazilian striker Carlos Ruiter.
- Both sides have lost their last three league fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Talismanic striker Gregory Thil is back from long-term injury; with him this season Boulogne have won 33% of their Ligue 1 games, and without him only 5%.
- Monaco have conceded four goals in their last two home matches in the league.
- Nene, who scored from two direct free kicks in the first leg, is responsible for 42% of Monaco goals this season, a league-high.
- Monaco are the only team in the top half with a negative goal difference (-1).
- Boulogne striker Mustapha Yatabare scored on his first Ligue 1 start last week.
- Boulogne have conceded the most goals this season in Ligue 1 (45).
- Nancy are unbeaten in their last 12 competitive meetings against Grenoble.
- Grenoble have lost their last five away fixtures in the league, failing to score in the process.
- Grenoble are the only side yet to win on the road this season in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have picked up just 14 points at the Marcel Picot stadium this season, only two teams have a worse record at home.
- Nancy have netted only one goal in their last four home games in Ligue 1.
- Grenoble have conceded a league-high 25 goals before half-time.
- Grenoble have yet to open the scoring away from home, netting only three goals in total.
- Grenoble and Nancy have received a league-high five red cards each.
- Nancy striker Youssouf Hadji has scored eight goals this season in Ligue 1, two more than last season at the same stage.
- Toulouse have only won one of their last 11 league encounters against Lens.
- Lens are unbeaten in their last five trips to Toulouse.
- Toulouse have failed to win any of their last five competitive games.
- Toulouse have not won any of their last four home fixtures in the league, their worst run at Stadium Municipal since the 2007/08 season.
- 2009 UEFA Cup winners Shakhtar Donetsk are the only side that managed to score more than twice against Toulouse this season (4-0 on 22/10/2009).
- The last two league fixtures played at Stadium Municipal have not produced any goals.
- Since joining Toulouse in 2007, Andre-Pierre Gignac has failed to appear in just 13 Ligue 1 games, of which TFC have only won three.
- Lens striker Issam Jemaa has scored four league goals this term, his best ever tally in a Ligue 1 season.
- Toulouse goalkeeper Yohann Pele has conceded only four goals in his nine league appearances this season, his average (0.4) is the best in the league.
- St Etienne have failed to score in their last four trips to the Nungesser stadium in the league, losing the last three.
- VAFC have won their last two Ligue 1 games, their best run since November.
- Valenciennes have suffered more league defeats against St Etienne than against any other team (29).
- VAFC have conceded more goals against St Etienne than against any other team (99).
- St Etienne have lost five of their last six away games in Ligue 1.
- St Etienne concede 0.8 goals per league game with new manager Christophe Galtier, under his predecessor Alain Perrin, that average was 1.5.
- Valenciennes games produce the most goals this season in Ligue 1 (73).
- Emmanuel Riviere has scored three goals in his last four competitive appearances.
- Valenciennes and champions Bordeaux are the only two sides with four players having scored at least five goals this season in the top flight.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last four league encounters against Montpellier, scoring 11 goals in the process.
- Rennes have lost their last three competitive games, their worst run this season.
- Montpellier have conceded only one goal in the last six match days.
- Montpellier have won their last three home games in the league, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- La Mosson stadium has seen only five goals in the first half, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Rennes have scored a league-high nine goals in the opening 15 minutes this season.
- Rennes have already lost more games this term (eight) than during the whole of last season (seven).
- 73% of the goals scored by Montpellier have come in the second half, a record this season in the league.
- Bordeaux have won their last four league encounters against Le Mans, scoring 11 goals in the process.
- Le Mans have won more league matches under new manager Arnaud Cormier (three) than with his predecessor Paulo Duarte (two).
- Bordeaux have the best defensive records both in Ligue 1 and the Champions League.
- Bordeaux have never conceded more than one goal in their league trips to the Leon-Bollee stadium.
- Le Mans have picked up just one point from their six encounters against top 5 sides this season.
- Bordeaux's last three away games in Ligue 1 have produced 13 goals.
- Anthony Le Tallec has scored three goals in his last three competitive appearances against Bordeaux.
- Fernando Cavenaghi has scored three goals in only three competitive starts against Le Mans.
- Wendel has netted five goals in his last five competitive appearances.
- Auxerre have won four games against top 5 sides this season, a league-high.
- Lille are unbeaten in their last 12 home fixtures in the league, winning the last eight; both are records this season.
- Auxerre face their favourite opponent in Ligue 1: Lille is the team they have beaten the most in their Ligue 1 history (29), they have also scored the most goals against LOSC (84).
- Auxerre have managed more wins at Lille (nine) than at any other away ground in Ligue 1.
- Auxerre matches have produced a league-low 42 goals.
- Lille have scored in the last 12 match days, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Every Auxerre goal is worth on average 1.9 points, which is a league-high.
- Lille have won only 17% of their Ligue 1 fixtures this season when currently injured Gervinho has not featured in the starting line up.
- Auxerre have conceded just seven goals in the second half, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- PSG have won only one of the last 10 league clashes against bitter rivals Marseille.
- Marseille have scored a league-high 13 goals in 2010, while PSG only scored three.
- Marseille are unbeaten in their last four trips to the capital.
- Didier Deschamps has won 67% of his league 1 matches against PSG as a manager.
- Marseille have failed to keep a clean sheet in the last seven match days, currently the longest run.
- Ligue 1 top scorer Mamadou Niang has netted five goals in the last three match days.
- Bakari Kone has netted four goals in his last five appearances against Paris SG in Ligue 1.
- Marseille have won 86% of their league matches this season when Mathieu Valbuena has been in the starting line up, and 41% when he has not featured in the first 11.
- Six opposition players have been sent-off against Marseille, a record this season in Ligue 1.
- Peguy Luyindula and Ludovic Giuly have between themselves scored 166 Ligue 1 goals.
- Ludovic Giuly has netted three goals in his last four appearances against Marseille in the top flight.
- PSG have scored only two goals in the four league games that have seen highly rated duo Mevlut Erding and Guillaume Hoarau start together in attack.