German Bundesliga Opta Facts - May 23-24
Football facts to aid your betting from all the major leagues in Europe, featuring the Italian Serie A
Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading supplier of sports performance data, bring you Opta Facts, the key statistics you'll need to make an informed choice with your football betting.
German Bundesliga 23 & 24 May
Bayern v Stuttgart
- Bayern's game against Stuttgart will be their 1,500th Bundesliga game.
- Both teams are level on 64 points in joint-second place, and both can still win the title – one side must win and Wolfsburg must lose. Neither Bayern nor VfB have been in first place so far this season.
- A draw between these two would mean Wolfsburg lift the trophy.
- Bayern are unbeaten in their last eight BL games at home against Stuttgart (seven wins).
- VfB have lost all three of their away games at the Allianz Arena so far.
- Stuttgart are unbeaten in nine games – currently the longest unbeaten run in the BL (eight wins, one draw). They have won their last three games.
Wolfsburg v Bremen
- Werder haven't lost any of their last six competitive matches at Wolfsburg (four wins).
- En route to the 2009 DFB Cup final, Bremen won their quarter-final match at Wolfsburg 5-2 – Diego and Pizarro both hit the mark twice.
- A victory over Bremen would give Wolfsburg their first ever league title. Even if Bayern win their match on Saturday, barring a freak 7-0 win for the Munichers, a draw would still be enough to crown VfL German champions based on their superior goal difference.
- The Wolves have won their last 14 home games in a row. Having claimed 2.88 points per match at home this season, they are the best home team in any of the major European leagues this season (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France).
- Dzeko and Grafite are the only teammates in BL history to have both recorded more than 20 goals in a single season. They have so far scored 51 goals combined, leaving them only two short of the BL record set by Gerd Müller and Uli Hoeneß (1971/72 and 1972/73).
Karlsruhe v Hertha
- Hertha have won four of their last five fixtures against KSC (one loss).
- None of the last 17 encounters between the two sides has ended goalless.
- Karlsruhe's wait for a home win (seven matches) is the second-longest in the league. Karlsruhe's most recent two victories were both on the road.
- Lars Stindl (three) and Alexander Iashvili (two) have scored all of KSC's five goals from their last two matches.
- In the first round, Hertha celebrated their biggest ever victory over the Badeners (4-0) which was also their biggest win this season.
Cottbus v Leverkusen
- Cottbus have only won once in their last five home games against Leverkusen.
- On 2nd February 2008 Bayer had their last away match at Cottbus and won 3-2 after being behind by 1-0 – this was the last time they managed a win after going behind in a match.
- Leverkusen have gained the second most points away from home this season (26)- with a win at Cottbus they would be the best away team in 2008-09.
- There hasn’t been a goalless draw in a Leverkusen game since the opening day of the 2007/08 season - the longest run in the BL.
Bielefeld v Hannover
- No encounter between these two at Bielefeld has ended in a draw (four Bielefeld wins, three to Hannover).
- Hannover have won their last two games on the road after failing to win a single one previously this season.
- Bielefeld haven’t won any of their last nine games – the longest run without a win in the league.
- Arminia have netted the second fewest goals this season (27) but in this match face the worst defence in the league, as Hannover have condeded 67 goals.
- In his first game as Bielefeld manager Jörg Berger will meet Dieter Hecking, who took over from Berger in Aachen 2004-05.
Köln v Bochum
- Bochum’s last away match at Köln was in April 2004 – their 2-1 win remains their only one in a competitive game at Köln.
- Köln have lost four of their last five home matches (one win).
- Manager Christoph Daum’s side have gained more points on the road (22) than on home soil (16).
- Bochum have picked up the most yellow cards (74) as well as red cards (7).
- Christoph Daum is still unbeaten as a manager against Bochum, winning 13 of his 19 encounters with them (six draws).
Gladbach v Dortmund
- In the last five meetings between these two teams the away team has always lost.
- Dortmund have won eight of their last nine matches (one defeat).
- BVB have lost the fewest games so far (5).
- No Bundesliga keeper has kept more clean sheets than Roman Weidenfeller (13).
- In their last nine league games BMG have scored at least once.
Schalke v Hoffenheim
- Hoffenheim have won once in their last nine matches on the road (five draws, three defeats).
- Schalke have lost their last two home games 2-1.
- Schalke have hit the post the most often so far this season (19 times). Kevin Kuranyi is the player who has done this most often for the Miners.
- In their last nine games Hoffenheim have either failed to score or netted twice, scoring two in each of their last three matches.
- Former Schalke manager Ralf Rangnick has only won once in seven meetings with the Royal-Blues.
Frankfurt v Hamburg
- None of the 40 BL meetings between those clubs has ended goalless.
- Hamburg have drawn none of their last 13 competitive games on the road (seven wins, six defeats).
- HSV have lost their last three away matches without scoring a single goal.
- Frankfurt haven’t netted in the opening 15 minutes of any match of 2009.
- Ivica Olic will play his last match for Hamburg in this game before transferring to Bayern Munich – the Croatian has scored 28 goals in 77 league matches.