International Opta Facts - 3 September
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
England vs Bulgaria
- Bulgaria have only qualified for two previous European Championships: in 1996 and 2004, despite having played in seven World Cups.
- England have never lost to Bulgaria, drawing four times and winning four.
- Bulgaria have scored just one goal in their four trips to play the Three Lions in England.
- Wayne Rooney has not scored for England in 868 minutes of action, since netting the fifth goal in the 5-1 rout of Croatia last September.
- Bulgaria have not won in four international fixtures, losing three of these games.
- Bulgaria's last two competitive fixtures have seen 13 goals scored, a 6-2 win over Georgia and a 4-1 defeat to Cyprus.
- England managed to keep nine clean sheets in 12 matches in their failed Euro 2008 qualifying campaign and only conceded two first half goals, both against Croatia at Wembley.
- Steven Gerrard has scored three of England's last five international goals, assisting one of the other two.
- England have scored 18 goals in their last seven Euro Qualifiers, an average of 2.6 per game.
- England have won their last 10 games on home soil, one more win would equal their longest streak of home victories set in 1957.
Armenia vs Republic of Ireland
- Armenia and the Republic of Ireland have never met before.
- ROI have only qualified for the finals or a European Championship twice before, with their last appearance coming in 1988.
- Robbie Keane was Ireland's top scorer during World Cup 2010 qualifying, netting six of their 13 goals himself.
- Ireland have lost none of their last eight matches away from home, drawing six.
- In both 2002 and 2006, Ireland lost their opening two games in qualifying for the European Championships.
- Armenia have lost three of their last four international matches, winning the other; 3-1 at home to Uzbekistan.
Montenegro vs Wales
- The only previous meeting between the sides saw Montenegro run out 2-1 winners in a friendly in Podgorica in August last year.
- Wales have drawn none of their last 22 internationals (11 wins, 11 defeats).
- Wales have only ever qualified for one international tournament: the 1958 World Cup.
- Montenegro won just one of their 10 matches in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup (2-1 at home to Cyprus).
- Montenegro have lost just one of their last six matches at home, winning four.
- David Edwards was the only player to score more than once in the qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup for Wales.
- Montenegro were shown more yellow cards during European qualifying for the 2010 World Cup than any other side (34).
Lithuania vs Scotland
- Scotland have been drawn against Lithuania in qualifying for the European Championships for the fourth time in a row.
- Of the six matches they have played, Scotland have won four and lost one.
- Lithuania lost their first home match in qualifying for Euro 2008 2-1 to Scotland.
- Scotland have failed to qualify for the European Championships in nine of the 11 previous attempts, and not since 1996.
- However they have not lost their opening game in a European Championships qualifying campaign since 1978 (3-2 vs Austria).
- The Scots have scored just one goal in total in their last five matches, losing four.
- James McFadden (2) was the only Scottish player to find the net more than once during the 2010 World Cup Qualifiers.
- Four of Lithuania's six goals in their last seven games have come from the penalty spot.
Slovenia vs Northern Ireland
- These two sides met during qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, with both teams winning at home.
- Slovenia have won five of their last seven internationals.
- Milivoje Novakovic was involved in 10 of Slovenia's 20 goals during qualifying for the 2010 World Cup (five goals, five assists).
- Northern Ireland have lost all five of their matches since the end of 2010 World Cup qualifying.
- The Northern Irish have won none of their last 10 games.
- Northern Ireland have scored just one goal in their last seven matches away from home.
- Northern Ireland have never played in the European Championships, whilst Slovenia have only competed in one (2000).
- Only four players had more shots than David Healey during the 2010 European World Cup Qualifiers (29), though he found the net just once.