Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 6-7 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Bari v AC Milan
- AC Milan have managed 38 wins against Bari in Serie A, more than against any other side in the top-flight.
- The Rossoneri have also won the most league games against Bari away from home, 15 in 29 Serie A meetings (10 defeats and four draws complete the record).
- AC Milan are unbeaten against Bari in their last eight Serie A meetings (four wins and as many draws).
- Bari striker, Barreto has scored only six of his last 12 penalty attempts in Serie A for Bari.
- Bari have lost their last four consecutive league games, conceding two goals in each of these matches.
- AC Milan have failed to score only once in Serie A this season (0-2 at Cesena).
- That defeat was also the last loss for the Rossoneri away from home, since then, they have picked up seven points in their ensuing three games on the road.
- The last time Bari lost three consecutive league games at the San Nicola was back in 2000, and their third defeat came against AC Milan.
Bologna v Lecce
- Lecce have won only twice in their 20 meetings with Bologna in the top-flight: eight wins for the Felsinei and 10 draws complete the record.
- The Rossoblu are unbeaten in their last seven matches against Lecce in Serie A (three wins and four draws).
- Bologna have never lost against Lecce at home in the top-flight, winning six and drawing four of their 10 home meetings against the Salentini.
- Lecce have picked up only one point from their five games played away from home this season.
- Bologna are unbeaten in their last six home games in Serie A (two wins and four draws).
- Alberto Malesani's side have won only once so far this campaign, scoring just one goal in their last three games.
- The last Serie A away game in which Lecce kept a clean sheet was back in November 2008.
Fiorentina v Chievo
- Before losing their two league matches against Chievo last season, Fiorentina had won their previous eight meetings with the Gialloblu in Serie A.
- The Viola now lead by eight wins to three in 12 meetings with Chievo in Serie A (one draw completes the record).
- These two sides have never shared the points in their six Serie A meetings at the Franchi, with the hosts winning four and losing two.
- Taking into account only the result of the second half this season, Chievo would be top of the Serie A table on 16 points.
- Stefano Pioli's side have netted only three goals in their last five league games.
- Neither Fiorentina nor Chievo have scored more than two goals in any of their previous meetings between each others.
Internazionale v Brescia
- Brescia have won only four of their 42 previous meetings against Inter in the top-flight: 24 wins for the Nerazzurri and 14 draws complete the record.
- At home, Inter have lost only once against the Rondinelle in the league (1-3 back in February 2004), winning 16 times and sharing the points on four occasions.
- Inter boast the best defence in Serie A, with only four goals conceded after nine match-days.
- Brescia are the only side yet to share the points in this campaign.
- Inter are unbeaten at home since March 2008, when they lost 1-2 against Juventus.
- Inter's last five league games have produced just five goals.
- Giuseppe Iachini's side have lost their last five consecutive games in Serie A.
- Brescia have scored just one goal after the break in this campaign.
Juventus v Cesena
- Juventus' last defeat against Cesena in Serie A was in November 1987 (0-2 at home); since then, the Old Lady have won twice and drawn five times in seven meetings against Cesena in Serie A.
- In Turin however, Juventus have won only once in their last four league games against Cesena, drawing twice and losing once.
- Luigi Del Neri's side have conceded just one goal in their last four league fixtures.
- Juventus are the only side to have netted four goals in three different league games this season.
- Cesena have picked up only one point in the last six match-days of this campaign.
- Cesena have scored more than one goal only once in their last 17 league fixtures (2-0 home win v AC Milan on match-day two), failing to score in nine of these games.
- Cesena have attempted the fewest shots on target in Serie A (26), while Juventus boast the best attack of this competition (18 goals).
- The last time Juventus failed to score at home in Serie A was back in February against Palermo; the Sicilians were also the last side who managed to win at the Olimpico.
Lazio v Roma
- Lazio have scored no headed goals so far in this campaign (13 total goals scored).
- Roma have picked up 11 of their 12 points at home, the most so far in Serie A.
- Roma have lost their only match played this season without Francesco Totti, who will be suspended for this match (1-2 at Brescia)
- Stefano Mauri has delivered the most assists so far in Serie A, six.
- Roma have won this derby 21 times as the away side; as many wins for Lazio and 24 draws complete the record.
- Lazio are the side against whom Roma have scored the most goals away from home in Serie A so far, 79.
- The last time Francesco Totti did not start a derby, Roma won 3-2 (in October 2007).
- Edy Reja's side have conceded just one goal in their last five Serie A fixtures.
- The last time Lazio managed to win five or more consecutive league games was between February and March 2007 (eight consecutive wins).
Napoli v Parma
- Parma have already conceded five penalties this season, more than any other side in Serie A.
- Napoli have gained the most points from trailing situations so far in Serie A, seven, losing only one of the four games in which they were behind.
- Napoli have netted 11 goals (out of 15) in the second half, more than any other side in this campaign.
- Parma have converted into goals only 7% of their shots, currently the lowest ratio in Serie A.
- Walter Mazzarri's side have won only once at home this season, against Roma.
- Napoli have failed to score only once at home against Parma in Serie A, back in December 1997, when they lost 0-4.
- These two sides have never drawn 0-0 in their last 22 meetings in the top-flight.
- Parma have kept a clean sheet only once in their last 32 away league games (at Verona v Chievo).
Palermo v Genoa
- Palermo have netted five goals from outside the penalty area, the most this season in Serie A.
- Palermo have attempted the most shots on target in this campaign (141).
- Only 11% of Delio Rossi's side's passes have been long passes, the lowest percentage in Serie A.
- Genoa have won only three times in Sicily in the top-flight, twice in Palermo and once in Catania.
- The only post-war win for Genoa at Palermo was in March 2008 (3-2).
- In 2010, Genoa managed to win only twice on the road, against Parma and Udinese, failing to score in nine of their 15 away league games.
- Since manager Delio Rossi has been in charge, Palermo have failed to score in just two home games (last Sunday v Lazio and on match-day one v Cagliari).
Sampdoria v Catania
- Sampdoria have lost the most points from leading situations in Serie A this term (nine), winning just two of the six games in which they were ahead.
- Sampdoria have drawn the joint-most games so far this season (five out of nine), alongside Parma and Bologna.
- Domenico Di Carlo's side are unbeaten in the two league games in which Antonio Cassano did not feature this season (one win and one draw).
- Since January 2009, Sampdoria have lost just one league game at home (v Napoli in the current season).
- Catania have won only once at the Marassi against Sampdoria (1-0, back in 1964).
- The Sicilians have never scored more than one goal away from home against Sampdoria in the top-flight.
- Catania have conceded more than one goal only once in their last 12 Serie A fixtures.
- Giampaolo's side have scored just one goal in the last four match-days.
Udinese v Cagliari
- Cagliari have never won in five league games without Daniele Conti this season (three draws and two defeats).
- After losing their first four league games, Udinese are unbeaten in their last five match-days, picking up 13 points in the process.
- In those five games, Guidolin's side have conceded just one goal.
- After having won their first away game of 2010 at Bologna's ground, Cagliari have failed to win the ensuing 15 away fixtures in the league (nine defeats and six draws).
- The Sardinians have failed to score in five of the nine games played so far in this campaign.
- Cagliari have kept only three clean sheets away from home against Udinese in Serie A (one goalless draw in 1983 and two 2-0 wins, in 2008 and in 2009).
- Udinese have been ahead only once at half-time in this campaign.