Italian Serie A Opta Facts - 6th & 7th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Bari
- Bari have managed only one win in their last 11 visits to Bergamo in Serie A (in April 1996).
- Atalanta have picked up only one point from their last three fixtures, and have lost the last two 2-0.
- The Nerazzurri have won only one of the last nine league games, a 3-0 at home to Lazio.
- Prior to that win, Atalanta had collected only one point in four home games in the league.
- Last Saturday's win over Palermo ended a run of four games without a win for Bari in the league.
- Away from home, Bari are looking for a win after five defeats and two draws in their last seven on the road.
- Bari striker Barreto has scored in each of the last eight match-days in Serie A, and also netted one in the first game of the campaign against Atalanta,
- Bari have scored 11 of their 30 goals in the first 15 minutes of play (a league-high), while Atalanta have conceded the most in Serie A before half-time (21).
Bologna v AC Milan
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last 10 meetings (seven wins to AC Milan, three to Bologna).
- The Rossoneri have come out on top in their last four meetings at the Dall'Ara, keeping three clean sheets in the progress.
- Bologna are unbeaten in the last four rounds of Serie A (two wins and as many draws).
- AC Milan are without a win in their last three games in all competitions: one defeat and a draw in the league on top of the defeat at the hands of Udinese in the Coppa Italia, which knocked them out of the competition.
- Bologna have picked up 18 of their 24 points this season over the last 14 match-days, since Franco Colomba replaced Giuseppe Papadopulo in charge of the team.
Fiorentina v Roma
- Fiorentina have won only one of their last 13 league meetings with Roma - five draws and seven wins to the Giallorossi complete the record.
- The Viola won the last meeting with Roma at the Artemio Franchi last April (4-1).
- Prior to that game, Fiorentina and Roma had shared the points three times in a row in Florence.
- Cesare Prandelli's side have picked up only one point in the last three match-days, last Sunday's 2-2 draw with Cagliari.
- At home, Fiorentina have drawn only one of their last 24 Serie A games, the goalless draw with Lazio last October.
- Roma are unbeaten in the last 12 match-days of Serie A (nine wins and three draws).
- If only the last 10 games counted, the Giallorossi would be top of Serie A with 26 points.
- Alberto Gilardino has netted three goals in his last two meetings with Roma.
- Roma have recouped 17 points from losing positions - a league-high.
Genoa v Chievo
- These two sides have met three times in the top flight: both have won once so far.
- The only draw was on the only occasion that this fixture was played at the Marassi.
- Genoa are unbeaten at home in seven league games (five wins and two draws).
- Chievo have drawn their last two league fixtures 1-1, but have been able to pick up only one point from their last three games on the road.
- Sergio Pellissier has scored for Chievo in the last two match-days, and also netted one in the first meeting between these two teams this season, back in September.
- Chievo have conceded the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play in Serie A (seven).
Inter v Cagliari
- Cagliari have won only one of their last 19 meetings with Inter in Serie A - seven draws and 11 wins to the Nerazzurri complete the record.
- Inter are unbeaten on the last nine occasions that they have hosted the Sardinians at the San Siro (seven wins and two draws, including 1-1 in the last meeting).
- Inter are unbeaten since losing with Juventus back in December (four wins and two draws).
- Juventus were also the last team able to beat Inter on home soil, in March 2008; since then, the Nerazzurri are unbeaten in 33 league games at home (25 wins, eight draws).
- Cagliari are unbeaten in the last six match-days, but have managed to win only twice in this run.
- Diego Milito was the match-winner in the reverse fixture, back in September; the Argentine striker is also the joint-top scorer in Serie A with 13 goals.
- Inter boast the best attack in the competition (45 goals scored), and the best defence (19 conceded).
- Cagliari have scored the most goals in the last 15 minutes of play (12), and have been the most prolific after half-time (21).
- However, Cagliari remain the team who have dropped the most points from leading situations (16).
Lazio v Catania
- Lazio and Catania have met 21 times so far in the top-flight: both sides have won seven times, with as many draws.
- However, Lazio are still unbeaten in the 10 previous meetings with Catania at the Olimpico (six wins, including the last five).
- Catania have scored only one goal in their last five visits to Lazio in Serie A.
- The Biancocelesti have drawn their last two league fixtures, and are winless in the last four.
- Catania have won only one of their last 17 away games in Serie A.
- Lazio have conceded only eight goals after half-time in this campaign, a league-low.
- Catania have committed the most fouls so far (483), and picked up the most yellow cards (67).
Livorno v Juventus
- Juventus have won their last five meetings with Livorno in Serie A.
- The Tuscans have managed only one point from their last eight Serie A meetings with the Old Lady.
- In the 15 previous meetings played at the Picchi between these two sides, the hosts have won only twice, whereas the guests have come out on top eight times and five draws complete the record.
- Last Sunday's 1-1 draw with Lazio ended a run of three consecutive defeats for Juve in the league.
- Away from home, the Bianconeri have lost three of their last four fixtures.
- After failing to score in the first 20 match-days, Alex Del Piero has netted twice in his last two fixtures against Roma and Lazio.
- Livorno have scored only 14 goals this term - a league-low.
Palermo v Parma
- Palermo have won only one of the nine previous Serie A meetings with Parma (4-2 in January 2006).
- Parma have come out on top in three of the last four meetings with Palermo, but have managed to win at the Barbera only once so far (4-3 in April 2007).
- Last Saturday against Bari, Palermo shipped as many goals as in the previous nine match-days of the Serie A combined (four).
- Palermo are unbeaten at home in their last 17 fixtures in Serie A, and are on a run of four consecutive wins.
- Delio Rossi's side have conceded only two goals in their last eight home fixtures, keeping a clean sheet in the last three.
- Parma have picked up only one point from their last five match-days in Serie A, and have lost the last three on the road.
Siena v Sampdoria
- These two sides have met 13 times in the top flight: Sampdoria lead by five wins to two, with six draws.
- Both sides have won twice in the six previous meetings played at Siena's ground, two draws complete the record.
- Siena have managed only one point from the last six match-days of the campaign.
- However, at home the Tuscans have picked up seven points in the last four fixtures, as a result of two wins and a draw.
- The Blucerchiati have won their last two Serie A fixtures against Udinese and Atalanta.
- Before winning at Udinese, Sampdoria had lost six games in a row away from home.
- Siena have conceded the most goals of this campaign so far (44).
Udinese v Napoli
- These two sides have shared the points on the last three occasions they have met in Serie A.
- Also four of the last five in Udinese have ended without a winner.
- Udinese are winless in the last seven match-days of this campaign (four defeats and three draws).
- Last Saturday's goalless draws with Genoa allowed Napoli to extend their unbeaten run in the league to 15 games since the appointment of Walter Mazzarri (eight wins and seven draws).
- Away from home, the Partenipei are unbeaten in seven games, and won the last two against Atalanta and Livorno without conceding a single goal.
- Antonio Di Natale is Serie A joint-top scorer with 13 goals.
- Napoli have kept the most clean sheets so far this season (10).
- Udinese are still on target for their first win under Gianni de Biasi, following three draws and two defeats.