La Liga Opta Facts - 27-28 November
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Athletic Bilbao v Osasuna
- The last time there were more than three goals in a game between these two sides was back in October 2005; 3-2 for Osasuna in Pamplona.
- Osasuna have failed to score in their last three visits at the San Mames in the league, and four times in the last five.
- Osasuna have only ever won six times at the San Mames in the league, the last time coming in March 2007 (3-0).
- Athletic have won four of their last five home fixtures, succumbing only to Barcelona.
- The Rojiblancos have not drawn any of their last nine league fixtures; collecting four wins and five defeats.
- The Basque club have failed to score just once in their last 22 league games at home; 0-0 vs Real Zaragoza.
- Osasuna have managed to get just one point from their last 14 away games in la Liga, a 0-0 draw against Deportivo.
- The team from Pamplona have also failed to score in 10 of these 14 games.
- Athletic have scored the most headed goals this season in La Liga (seven).
Atletico Madrid v Espanyol
- The last time that these two sides shared the points was in April 2006, since then they four wins apiece in La Liga.
- Atletico have won their last two league encounters with Espanyol at the Vicente Calderon, but prior to those games they had only won once in nine, between 1997 and 2007.
- Atletico are unbeaten at home in their last four league games, in which they have conceded just one goal.
- Atletico have failed to score at home only twice in 2010, in games against Malaga and Getafe.
- Espanyol have lost just once in their last six league fixtures, winning four times and drawing once.
- The Periquitos have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three league games.
- Espanyol have scored just one goal in their last eight away games in La Liga.
- In these eight games the Catalans have mustered just four points.
- Espanyol are the only side yet to score a header this term in La Liga.
Barcelona v Real Madrid
- Barcelona have won the last four "Clasicos", keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- Their 6-2 win at the Bernabeu in 2009 was Barca's most emphatic win since the 7-2 recorded in 1950 at the Camp Nou.
- Real's last win at the Camp Nou with more than one goal margin was in 1980; 2-0.
- Real have failed to score in 11 of their last 17 visits to the Camp Nou in the league.
- The last goalless draw in Barcelona between these two sides came back in 2002.
- Barcelona dropped just two points at home in the whole of last season, while they have already dropped five this term.
- Real have lost just one away game in 2010, this coming at the San Mames against Athletic Bilbao.
- Mourinho's side are still unbeaten this season in all competitions, collecting 14 wins and four draws in 18 games.
- The Merengues are unbeaten in their last 19 league games, winning 16 times and playing out three draws.
- Barcelona had managed to score eight or more goals away from home in a La Liga game only once before last Saturday's win at Almeria (8-0 at Las Palmas, back in October 1959).
- The Blaugrana have netted 19 goals in their last four league games (an average of 4,75 goals per game).
- The Catalans have won nine of their last 10 league games, drawing the other; 1-1 at home v Mallorca.
- Lionel Messi has never scored in his previous seven meetings against José Mourinho's sides in all competitions.
Hercules v Levante
- These two sides have never met in the top division.
- Hercules have won only one of their last seven games in La Liga, losing four and drawing two.
- Hercules have won just two of their six home matches this season.
- Between their last season in Primera Liga and the current one, the side from Alicante have shared the points at home just once in 18 games.
- Levante have won just 11 times in 93 games they played away from home in the top flight, losing 64.
- Prior to last Sunday's 3-1 win at home against Racing, Levante had lost four consecutive games in La Liga.
- Hercules have already conceded four goals from corner situations this season, more than any other side in La Liga.
- Overall, the team from Alicante have shipped the most goals from set pieces (nine).
Mallorca v Malaga
- Mallorca have won just once in their last eight league matches against Malaga.
- Mallorca's last win at home against Malaga was in 2004; since then, two defeats and as many draws.
- Mallorca have failed to score against Malaga just once in the 10 home encounters.
- Mallorca have conceded just two goals at home so far this season.
- Malaga have won twice in the last 13 away matches, vs Real Zaragoza and Getafe.
- In these 13 matches, Malaga have kept just one clean sheet.
- Malaga have lost six of their last eight league fixtures (one draw and one win complete the record).
- Malaga have lost each of the eight games in which they have been behind this season.
- Malaga have the worst defence in la Liga so far, conceding 25 goals.
Racing v Deportivo
- Racing have won just once in their last 10 league meetings against Deportivo, and twice in the last 15.
- In their last 10 games, Racing have scored more than one goal on just one occasion and still lost (3-5).
- Racing's last win at home against Deportivo was in 1995/96; 2-1.
- Since 1996, Racing have scored just six goals in the league against Deportivo at the Sardinero.
- Deportivo are unbeaten in their last four league games (three wins and one draw), conceding only one goal in the process.
- Deportivo have won just once in their last 19 away league matches.
- Depor have mustered the same amount of points away in their last two games as they did in the previous 16 (4).
- Deportivo have already conceded seven headed goals this term - a league-high.
- Racing are the only side yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of play this season, while they have already conceded seven in this period, more than against any other side so far.
Real Zaragoza v Villarreal
- The top flight record between these two sides is perfectly even, six wins apiece, six draws.
- Last season, the two games between these two sides produced overall 12 goals.
- Zaragoza have scored three or more goals in five of their nine home league games against Villarreal.
- Villarreal have won at La Romareda only once in the top flight, 1-0 in April 2006.
- Zaragoza have conceded exactly two goals in each of their last four home league fixtures.
- Zaragoza have won just one of their six league home games this season.
- The last time that Villarreal didn't concede a goal away from home was in April against Real Valladolid.
- The "Yellow Submarine" have lost once in their last five league away fixtures; 1-3 vs Barcelona.
- Villarreal have already gained nine points from behind this season - a division-high.
- Real Zaragoza have netted only three goals before half-time, a league-joint low.
Sevilla v Getafe
- Sevilla have lost four of their last five league encounters against Getafe.
- These two teams have shared the points at the Sanchez Pizjuan only once in the top division - in their first encounter, 0-0 in January 2005.
- Getafe have failed to score In half of the games played between these two sides in Primera Liga.
- Sevilla have not shared the points in any of their last eight league fixtures (four wins and as many defeats).
- Last Sunday's 1-2 defeat vs Mallorca ended Sevilla's unbeaten streak of five games in La Liga (three wins and two draws).
- Getafe have lost their last three away league games, without scoring a single goal.
- Last Monday's 1-1 draw against Real Zaragoza ended a run of three consecutive defeats for Getafe in La Liga.
- Getafe are the only side yet to concede a headed goal this season in La Liga.
Sporting Gijon v Real Sociedad
- The last time that Sporting won this fixture in the top flight was back in 1993/94, when they did the double over Real Sociedad.
- Since then, the side from Asturia have lost four and drawn four.
- Sporting have won just once in their last seven home encounters against Real Sociedad in La Liga.
- In their last 12 visits to Gijon, Real Sociedad have failed to score just twice.
- Sporting are without a win in their last five league games, and have failed to score in three of these games.
- Manuel Preciado's side have recorded two wins, two draws and two defeats at home so far this season.
- Real Sociedad have not drawn any of their last 10 league games, winning four and losing six.
- Real Sociedad have lost four of their last five away trips in the league.
- Real Sociedad have lost the most points from leading positions this season (11).
Valencia v Almeria
- Valencia won both games against Almeria last season, without the team from Andalusia scoring a single goal. Prior to 2009-10 Almeria had always scored in the league against Valencia.
- Almeria have won just once at the Mestalla in the top flight, 1-0 in January 2008.
- On the bench that day for Almeria there was Unai Emery, the current Valencia manager.
- Valencia have lost once in their last 18 league home games; 1-2 against Mallorca.
- However, Valencia have won only one of their last six league fixtures, drawing twice and losing three times.
- The last time that Los Che failed to score at the Mestalla was back in March; 0-0 vs Racing, but since then they have netted more than two goals in front of their own fans just twice.
- Juan Manuel Lillo has been sacked after last Saturday's 0-8 home defeat vs Barcelona - Almeria's worst ever defeat in the Spanish top-flight.
- Almeria have failed to win any of their last seven La Liga fixtures, drawing four and losing three.
- Almeria have won just twice away from home in 2010; at Santander and Deportivo.
- Almeria have conceded exactly one goal in four of their last five away games in the league.