La Liga Opta Facts - 27-29 Jan
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Opta Facts | La Liga 2011-12 | Jornada 20
Espanyol v Mallorca
- Espanyol are on a run of five league games without defeat (W3 D2).
- Just one (vs Villarreal) of Espanyol's last 30 league games at home has ended goalless.
- Mallorca have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three away games in the league, they had not kept a clean sheet in 29 before this.
- The islanders have never before kept four consecutive clean sheets on the road in the top flight.
- Espanyol have only failed to score twice in 23 games at home to Mallorca in the top flight.
- Mallorca are unbeaten in their last four away games in LigaBBVA, their best run since May 2010.
- The pericos are yet to lose in a league game in which a substitute has scored in LigaBBVA this season (W3 D1).
- All four of Mallorca's goals in their last five league games have been from headers.
- In 2010/11, Espanyol were in fifth place in LigaBBVA at the half-way mark (as this season) with 34 points. They managed just 15 points in 19 games in the second half of the campaign.
- Espanyol have won just one of their last seven league meetings with Mallorca.
Levante v Getafe
- Levante have won just two of their nine top-flight meetings with the azulones (D4 L3).
- The granotas are on a run of five league games unbeaten at home to sides from Madrid (two wins vs Getafe, one win vs Atlético, one win and one draw vs Real Madrid).
- Getafe are yet to win at any club from the Comunitat Valenciana in Primera (D5 L15).
- The levantinos have failed to score in their last three in the league (D2 L1), the last time they went longer without finding the net was in 07/08 (five games).
- Luis García's men are unbeaten in their last five league games (W3 D2), and their last three on the road (W2 D1).
- Getafe have conceded the joint-most goals in the first15 mins of league games this season (six), and are one of only two teams yet to score in this period.
- The azulones have dropped the joint-most points owing to goals conceded after the 75th minute this season (seven, level with Valencia).
- Koné (six goals, three assists) and Barkero (three and four) have been involved in 56% of Levante's league goals this season (14/25).
Málaga v Sevilla FC
- Málaga have won just one of their last nine league meetings with the Hispalenses (D3 L5).
- Sevilla have scored exactly twice on their last four league visits to La Rosaleda.
- Málaga and Sevilla are both on their worst runs in the league this season: Málaga have gone six games without a win (D3 L3), Sevilla five (D2 L3).
- The blanquiazules have failed to score in the first half of any of their last five league games.
- Last time out against Betis, Sevilla avoided defeat after conceding the first goal for the first time in the league this season.
- Pellegrini's men have scored the most goals from direct free kicks in the league this season (3), one of which came against Sevilla.
- Málaga have received the fewest yellow cards in the league this season (31).
- Málaga are the only side whose defenders are yet to score in LigaBBVA this season.
- Duda has scored three goals against his ex-club Sevilla in LigaBBVA, his joint-most against any side.
- José Antonio Reyes is yet to win a league match since returning to Sevilla (D2 L1).
- Muñiz Fernández's games as referee have produced 36 goals in Primera this season and seven red cards (both joint-mosts).
Osasuna v Atlético de Madrid
- Osasuna have only won three of their last 11 top-flight meetings with Atlético (D2 L6).
- The rojillos have won seven of their last 11 league matches at home to Atlético (D1 L3).
- Atlético are unbeaten in their last four league meetings with Osasuna (W3 D1).
- Four of the rojiblancos' last seven league defeats in Pamplona have been by the same scoreline: 0-1.
- Osasuna have lost just one of their last eight league games (W3 D4), and their last two wins at the Reyno de Navarra have been by the same scoreline: 1-0.
- Under Simeone, Atlético have taken seven points from nine available and are yet to concede a league goal (seven scored).
- The rojiblancos have not won two consecutive league away games since 2008/09 (2-0 vs Betis and 4-1 vs Athletic).
- Atlético are yet to lose in five games when either Gabi or Diego has not been playing this season in the league: (W3 D2, F12 A4).
- All three of Álvaro Cejudo's assists in the league this season have been at home for headers: two for Raúl García and one for Miguel Flaño.
- Four of the five headed goals Atlético have conceded in the league this season have come on the road.
Racing de Santander v Valencia
- Racing have won none of their last six league games against Valencia (D2 L4).
- Racing have failed to score in four of their last six top-flight meetings with Los Che.
- Against Getafe, Racing ended a run of five league games without a defeat.
- Emery's men are on a run of three league games without a win for the first time this season (D2 L1).
- Valencia are, along with Barcelona, the only side not to have lost by more than a single goal in the league this season.
- Los Che have won the most points thanks to goals scored in the last 15 minutes of league games this season (nine).
- Emery's men have dropped the most points thanks to goals scored in the last five minutes of league games this season (seven).
- Juanjo González's men have scored the fewest goals at home in Primera this season (six).
- Racing have scored at least once in seven of their last eight league games (except vs Real Sociedad).
- Valencia are the only side yet to draw 0-0 in the league this season.
- Stuani has scored four of Racing's last six league goals.
Rayo Vallecano v Athletic
- The side from Madrid have won just one of their last seven league games at home to Athletic (D3 L3).
- None of the last 13 league meetings between Rayo and Athletic have ended goalless.
- Rayo have won just two of their last 15 league meetings with the Basque side (D6 L7).
- Rayo have lost three of their last four at home in the league, conceding in each.
- Athletic have not lost back-to-back league matches since September.
- Only two of Rayo's last 10 league goals have come in the first half.
- Only one side (Zaragoza) has picked up fewer points at home in the league this season than Rayo Vallecano (10).
- The side from Vallecas have won every game in which they have gone ahead at home in the league this season (three).
- Only Mallorca (17) have dropped more points after opening the scoring in LigaBBVA games this season than Athletic (15).
- Fernando Llorente has scored in back-to-back league games for the first time this season.
Real Betis v Granada
- Last time out against Sevilla, Real Betis failed to win for the 1000th time in the Spanish top-flight (602 defeats, 398 draws).
- Granada have only won one of their last 15 top-flight meetings with Real Betis, drawing six (five of which were goalless).
- Granada have only ever managed one win at Betis in the top-flight (D2 L5).
- Granada are the poorest side in LigaBBVA in 2012 so far (three defeats, -8 GD).
- The verdiblancos have scored in their last seven top-flight games (W3 D1 L3), they haven't scored in eight in a row since 2006/07.
- The verdolagos are the only side from Andalucía yet to lose to another side from the same region in Primera this season (W1 D2).
- Abel Resino lost his only previous league game at Real Betis, (1-2 with Real Valladolid last season).
- Just one of the five managers to have taken over during the current season in LigaBBVA has lost on his debut (Manolo Jiménez for Real Zaragoza, 0-1 at Racing).
- The granadinos have won just one of their 10 league games in which Diakhaté has not played this season.
- Quique Pina's side are the only team not to have scored in the opening 15 minutes of league games this season (with Getafe).
Real Madrid v Real Zaragoza
- Real Madrid have only ever lost four league games at home to Zaragoza (W47 D6).
- José Mourinho's side have won 14 of their last 15 league games.
- Aside from Barcelona, Real Zaragoza were the last side to win at the Bernabéu in the league (3-2 in April 2011).
- The maños are on a run of 12 league games without a win, and are three games off equalling their poorest-ever top flight run (15 games in 42/43).
- Zaragoza are the joint-poorest away side in the league this season, taking just three points (all draws) from 30 available.
- Manolo Jiménez's men have scored just two goals in their last eight league games combined, while only Granada (12) have scored fewer all season (14).
- Just four of the 12 teams to have 12 points after 19 games in Primera have avoided relegation (always assuming three points for a win).
- Real Madrid scored 67 goals in their first 19 league games, a record for any team in the Spanish top flight.
- The current leaders have scored the most second-half goals in La Liga this season (40), Zaragoza the fewest (six).
- Real Madrid's substitutes have scored 10 goals this season in the league, more than any other side.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored with the last 20 penalties he has taken in the league.
Real Sociedad v Sporting de Gijón
- Real Sociedad have won seven of their last 10 league meetings with Sporting (three draws), including the last five in a row.
- The donostiarras have not lost at home to Sporting in the top-flight since April 1994 (0-1), winning three and drawing two since.
- Real have, along with Zaragoza, won the joint-fewest LigaBBVA games at home this season (two).
- Erreala are the second-lowest scoring side at home in LigaBBVA this season (seven goals), and have failed to score in five of their last six on home turf.
- Real Sociedad have scored the highest proportion of their goals in the second half in La Liga this season (13/17, 76%).
- Only Real Madrid and Getafe have come from behind to claim more points after conceding the first goal than Sporting in LigaBBVA this season (eight).
- Aguirretxe has scored the joint-most headed goals in the league this season (four, level with Fàbregas).
- Real Sociedad have lost both league games without Aguirretxe playing this season.
Villarreal v Barcelona
- Villarreal and Barcelona have only drawn one of their 12 league meetings at El Madrigal, with the home side winning five and the away side six.
- The Yellow Submarine have failed to win after conceding a goal in a league match this season.
- Last time out against Sporting, Villarreal ended a run of six league games without a win.
- Barcelona's last seven league goals have either been scored by Messi (five) or Alexis Sánchez (two).
- All 10 of the goals Barcelona have conceded away from home in the league this season have come from inside the area.
- Barcelona have scored just one substitute goal in the league this season (Villa vs Zaragoza), fewer than any other LigaBBVA side.
- Barça have scored the most first half goals in the league this season (34).
- Cesc Fàbregas has played more matches without losing than any other player in the league this season (W9 D5).
- After Getafe (seven), Barcelona have won the most points away from home after going behind in the league this season (five).
- Barcelona have won only four of their nine away games in the league this season, and have nine fewer points on the road than Real Madrid (25).