League One Opta Facts - Play-off Semis (Leg 2)
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
League One Opta Facts - SF Second Leg
Huddersfield v Bournemouth
- Huddersfield are unbeaten in 18 meetings with Bournemouth in all competitions, not losing against the Cherries since January 1993 (0-1).
- All three meetings between the sides this campaign have ended in score draws.
- Huddersfield are unbeaten in an incredible 26 games in league competition and haven't tasted defeat yet in 2011.
- The Cherries have failed to win any of their last eight trips to Huddersfield, not winning there since January 1993.
- The Cherries only kept one clean sheet in their last 13 league games, including playoffs.
- Bournemouth have a 100% record in the Playoffs. In 2003, they defeated Bury (Agg: 3-1) and Lincoln (5-2) to win promotion to League One.
- This is Huddersfield's sixth appearance in the third tier playoffs. The Terriers were promoted to the First Division in 1994/1995, but have lost in the semi-finals on all four other playoff appearances at this level.
- The team finishing third in the table have won three of the last four League One Playoffs, with the team finishing sixth winning the other.
Peterborough v MK Dons
- Of six previous meetings between the sides at London Road, the Dons have won three and the Posh two (one draw).
- Craig Mackail-Smith has opened the scoring in two of the three meetings between these sides so far this campaign.
- Peterborough netted 106 league goals in the regular season, 20 more than any other League One side.
- Despite this, only relegated Bristol Rovers (82) conceded more than the Posh (75) in the third tier.
- Peterborough have won their both of their two previous appearances in the Football League Playoffs, progressing from League One in 1992 and League Two in 2000.
- The Dons, on the other hand, have been defeated in the semi-finals in both of their two previous appearances in the playoffs.
- In the regular season, Peterborough won six games they were behind in at London Road, more than any other team managed at home in League One.
- Since 1989, the team finishing fourth in the table has only won the playoffs three times out of 22, with the last team to do so being Brighton in 2004.