Ligue 1 Opta Facts 20 Nov – 23 Nov
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Marseille v Paris SG
- 10 goals were scored in the two league meetings between the two sides last season.
- Paris SG have won only one of their last nine league encounters against arch rivals Marseille, however it was in their last trip to stade Vélodrome (4-2).
- Bakari Kone has netted four goals in his last four appearances against PSG in the league.Didier Deschamps has won five of his eight encounters against Paris SG as a manager in the French league.
- Paris SG have only kept one clean sheet this season, a league low alongside Boulogne, Grenoble and Lens.
- Paris SG have conceded exactly one goal in each of the last six match days.
- Marseille have scored five goals from corners, a joint league-high alongside Montpellier.
- OM have scored six goals in the opening 15 minutes, a record this season in the league.
- Brazilian striker Brandao has scored in each of the last three match days.
- Marseille have lost the three competitive matches where Fernando Morientes has featured in the starting lineup.
- 75% of the goals conceded by PSG have come in the second half, the highest ratio this season.
Auxerre v Monaco
- None of their last eight Ligue 1 meetings have ended in a draw (five wins for Auxerre, three for Monaco).
- Auxerre have won their last six league fixtures, currently the longest run. Their league record is eight consecutive wins in 1983/84.
- Auxerre haven’t lost a league match since match day three, no other side has gone as long without defeat.
- Monaco have failed to score in the last two match days.
- Both teams have always won this season after opening the scoring. Only title holders Bordeaux have done the same.
- Auxerre have won five matches by a one-goal margin, a league-high.
Bordeaux v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have scored the most goals this season: 23.
- Bordeaux have conceded the fewest: nine, and only one of these at home
- Bordeaux have won their last 13 home matches in Ligue 1, and remain unbeaten in their last 39.
- Valenciennes have been defeated in their last nine trips to Bordeaux in Ligue 1. Their last three have ended in a 2-1 loss.
- Valenciennes have scored in the last 10 match days, currently the longest run in the league.
- Michael Ciani has conceded two penalties, a league-high.
- Two Valenciennes players top the assists charts with five each: Fahid Ben Khalfallah and Renaud Cohade.
Grenoble v Lyon
- On the previous match day, Grenoble picked up their first point of the season, by drawing 0-0 at fourth-placed Monaco.
- Lyon won 2-0 in their two league meetings against Grenoble last term.
- Grenoble have conceded a league-high 12 goals in the opening 30 minutes of play.
- Lyon have scored exactly two goals in their three Ligue 1 trips to Grenoble.
- Lisandro Lopez has netted three goals in his last two competitive outings with Lyon, all came in the last 10 minutes.
- Five Lyon goals have been netted by substitutes, a league-high.
- Grenoble have lost all of their home matches this season in the league.
- Since their return to the top flight last season, Grenoble have yet to score more than two goals in a league match, failing to score in 54% of their fixtures.
Lens v Nancy
- Nancy have only won twice in their 19 trips to Lens in the top flight.
- Nancy have scored in all of their away matches this season, only Marseille and Lyon have done the same.
- However Pablo Correa’s men have yet to keep a clean sheet on the road this season.
- Lens have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 10 league matches, currently the longest run.
- Lens have not won any of their last five home matches in Ligue 1.
- Nancy have been awarded a league-high four penalties, all came after a foul on Issiar Dia.
- Youssouf Hadji has netted five goals against Lens, his favourite opponent alongside Sochaux.
Montpellier v Lille
- Montpellier are one of three teams who are still unbeaten at home this season in Ligue 1.
- Montpellier have won their last four home matches in the league, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Lille have won their last two league matches by a 2-0 result, Yohan Cabaye opened the scoring in both fixtures.
- Six of the seven goals scored by Gervinho in all competitions this season have come on the road.
- Pierre-Alain Frau has netted five goals in his last three appearances against Montpellier
- Lille have scored at least two goals in each of their last five competitive matches.
St Etienne v Lorient
- Last season saw Lorient beat St Etienne twice, scoring seven goals in the process.
- Kevin Gameiro has been directly involved in 10 goals (six goals and four assists), a joint-high this season.
- Lorient beat Boulogne-sur-Mer 5-0 in the previous match day, their biggest ever victory in the top flight.
- No opponent has managed to score more than one goal against Lorient since Monaco on match day 3.
- St Etienne have been defeated in their last two home matches in Ligue 1, failing to score a single goal in the process.
Rennes v Le Mans
- Le Mans have failed to score in the last three match days, currently the longest run.
- Five of the last six league encounters between these two sides have ended in a draw.
- Le Mans have never won at Rennes in Ligue 1 (three defeats, two draws).
- Le Mans have lost their last three league matches, the currently the longest run alongside fellow strugglers Boulogne.
- Le Mans are the only side to have lost all of their away matches this season in Ligue 1.
- Jires Ekoko has scored four goals for Rennes in all competitions during his career: two against Lorient and two against Le Mans.
- Le Mans have conceded three own goals, a record this season in the top flight.
- Rennes defender Kader Mangane has already netted four goals this season in all competitions, after failing to score in 35 appearances last term.