Ligue 1 Opta Facts - 6th & 7th February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Boulogne-sur-Mer v Montpellier
- Montpellier have come out victorious of their three league matches against other promoted sides this season, each time thanks a 1-0 score line.
- Boulogne have failed to score in their last four competitive matches against Montpellier.
- Montpellier have won their last three league fixtures, keeping three clean sheets in the process.
- The last time a promoted side was as highly ranked as Montpellier was in 2003, Nice was even topping the league after 22 match days; however they finished that season in 10th position.
- Boulogne have not scored a single goal in the last four match days, currently the longest run, they are the only team yet to score a league goal in 2010.
- Boulogne have drawn the joint-most matches this season in Ligue 1 (seven).
- Montpellier defender Nenad Dzodic has scored in his last two appearances against Boulogne.
- Alberto Costa scored his only brace for Montpellier at the Liberation stadium last season in a 3-0 win, thanks to two direct free kicks.
- Boulogne have posted a 40% win ratio with captain Gregory Thil and 6% without the striker this season in the top flight.
Grenoble v Auxerre
- Grenoble have yet to score a goal in after three encounters against Auxerre in the top flight.
- Auxerre won 2-0 in their last two league meetings against Grenoble.
- Auxerre have always taken the three points after having opened the scoring this season in the top flight.
- Grenoble have so far only won one match this term in Ligue 1, the all-time low over the course of a season is two: Ales in the first ever season (1932/33).
- Grenoble have the worst defensive record (42 goals against) and they have also scored the fewest goals (only 12).
- Grenoble scored three goals in their last competitive home match (3-2 v Montpellier in the cup on 23/01/2010), a club record at the Alpes stadium.
- Grenoble have lost their last four Ligue 1 fixtures, currently the longest run.
- Two players were sent off in the first leg this season.
- Auxerre have kept a clean sheet in the last four match days, currently the longest run.
- AJA have conceded a league-low four goals on the road this season.
Lens v Le Mans
- Le Mans have yet to pick up a single away point this season in Ligue 1, the all-time low in a season is two points, racked up by Sochaux in 1994/95.
- Le Mans have won their last three Ligue 1 encounters against Lens, scoring three goals in each match.
- The last four competitive matches between these two sides saw 21 goals.
- Le Mans won 3-0 in the first leg, so far their biggest win this season in the league.
- Anthony Le Tallec has netted 18 Ligue 1 goals with Le Mans, the club record is held by current Lille player Tulio de Melo (22).
- Le Mans have lost their last three Ligue 1 games, only Grenoble are on a worse losing streak.
- None of the last seven Lens matches in Ligue 1 have produced more than two goals.
- Lens have posted a 67% win ratio when Toifilou Maoulida has been on the starting line up this season in Ligue 1, and 19% when the striker has not featured in the starting 11.
- Frederic Thomas has netted more goals against Lens than any other side (three).
Nice v Lille
- Four of their last five league encounters have produced a draw.
- The last time Lille managed to score more than once at Nice was in 1980.
- Lille have managed to keep a clean sheet in their last two trips to the Ray stadium.
- Lille have scored in the last nine match days, currently the longest run, while Nice have failed to keep a clean sheet during the same period, also the longest run.
- Pierre-Alain Frau scored his first ever hat trick against in 2001 against Nice, the striker has in total netted five goals against OGCN, his joint-highest tally.
- Lille have netted the most goals this season in Ligue 1 (42).
- Lille have conceded the most headed goals this term (nine).
- Chaouki Ben Saada has scored twice in his last three league appearances.
- Tulio de Melo has netted seven goals in only nine starts this season in all competitions.
Paris SG v Lorient
- PSG v Lorient matches played at the Parc des Princes in Ligue 1 have produced on average 4.4 goals.
- Lorient have won more matches at the Parc des Princes than any other away ground in Ligue 1 (three).
- PSG are the joint-most vulnerable team in the last 15 minutes this season with 10 goals conceded.
- Paris have the second-best home defensive record this season with only six goals conceded at the Parc des Princes.
- Mevlut Erding has netted four goals in only four top flight appearances against Lorient.
- Lorient have conceded the fewest fouls this season in the league (300).
- Paris have suffered three consecutive defeats, their worst run in the league since April 2008.
- Paris SG have conceded the most goals from opposition defenders this season in the top flight (seven).
- Guillaume Hoarau scored his only Ligue 1 goal this season in the first leg of this encounter.
Sochaux v Nancy
- None of the last 22 league encounters between these two sides have ended goalless.
- Youssouf Hadji has scored three goals in his last two league appearances against Sochaux.
- The Bonal stadium is the only ground yet to see a draw this season in Ligue 1.
- Sochaux have won their last four home matches in Ligue 1, only Lille are on a longer run.
- Nancy have only scored one goal in the last four match days.
- Defender Damien Perquis has scored in the last two match days, with three goals, he is Sochaux's top scorer this season in Ligue 1 alongside Stephane Dalmat.
- Nancy have performed better on the road (17 points) than at home (13) this season.
- Nancy have conceded a league-high nine long-range goals this season in Ligue 1.
Rennes v Bordeaux
- Bordeaux came back with a win from their last two trips to Rennes in the league.
- Rennes are unbeaten in their last five home fixtures in the top flight.
- The current champions are unbeaten in their last six league meetings against Rennes (four wins, two draws).
- Bordeaux are unbeaten in the last nine match days, currently the longest run.
- Yoann Gourcuff has netted three goals in his last three appearances against his former club.
- The current leaders have the best defensive record with only 14 goals conceded.
- Rennes playmaker Sylvain Marveaux has netted six goals so far, his highest-ever tally in a Ligue 1 season. He is also the player with most chances created this season in the league (51).
- Romain Danze has scored six goals for Rennes in all competitions, all of them at home.
- Marouane Chamakh has scored the most headed goals this season in the top flight (nine).
St Etienne v Monaco
- St Etienne have failed to score in their last six home games in the league, a seventh consecutive match without scoring would be an all-time record in the French league.
- St Etienne are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Monaco (three wins, two draws).
- St Etienne have scored only 13 goals, the lowest ever return after 22 match days.
- Monaco failed to score in their last two league trips to St Etienne.
- Monaco have won their last four league matches, currently the longest run.
- St Etienne have failed to score in a league-high 13 matches this season in Ligue 1.
- The Geoffroy-Guichard stadium has seen the fewest goals this season in the league (15).
- The last three league matches played at St Etienne have ended goalless, no other ground has witnessed more than two 0-0 draws this season in the top flight.
- St Etienne have scored a league-low four goals after the half time break.
- St Etienne are the only side yet to pick up a single point after trailing this season in Ligue 1.
- League top scorer Nene has netted as many goals as St Etienne this season in Ligue 1 (13).
Toulouse v Lyon
- Lyon have failed to score a single goal in their last three trips to Toulouse in Ligue 1 (two defeats, one draw).
- Lyon have racked up a league-high 13 points from losing positions this season.
- Lyon have won their last three league games, their best form since the beginning of September 2009.
- Lyon matches have produced a league-high 66 goals this season.
- Jeremy Toulalan is suspended, Lyon have posted a 20% win ratio without the international midfielder this season in the league.
- A league-high 60% of Toulouse goals have come from midfielders.
- Toulouse have picked up only one point from five matches against current top 5 sides this season.
- Paulo Machado has so far scored six Ligue 1 goals, of which five came from outside the box.
- Andre-Pierre Gignac has never scored a goal in seven appearances against Lyon.
- Bafetimbi Gomis has scored more Ligue 1 goals against Toulouse than any other team (five).
Marseille v Valenciennes
- Valenciennes have suffered 15 defeats in 21 league trips to Marseille.
- The last time VAFC won at Marseille in Ligue 1 was in 1979/80.
- Valenciennes have lost a league-high 13 points after leading in their matches.
- Valenciennes recently ended champions Bordeaux's 39-match unbeaten run at home.
- Hatem Ben Arfa has not scored a single goal in his last 38 league appearances.
- Johan Audel has netted three goals in his last four Ligue 1 appearances.
- A league-high nine Valenciennes goals have come from defenders.
- OM have conceded on average 2.2 goals per league match without Taye Taiwo this season, and only 0.7 with the Nigerian defender.
- Valenciennes have the highest conversion ratio in the league, scoring with 16% of their attempts.
- Marseille have conceded the joint-most penalties this season (five).