Opta Facts - Playoff Finals
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Swansea City v Reading
- Only QPR (25) kept more clean sheets than Swansea City (22 - including playoffs) in the Championship this term.
- Only Watford (18.9%) managed a better conversion rate than Reading (17.3%) in the regular Championship this term.
- The last four meetings between theses sides have seen a total of just four goals netted.
- Darren Pratley has scored in two of his last three appearances against the Royals.
- Brendan Rodgers has not lost any of the five league games that he has played against his former clubs as a manager (Watford and Reading).
- Swansea have not lost any of their last five meetings with the Royals.
- Since 1989, the team ending the season in third place have won promotion from the Championship/First Division playoffs more often than in any other position (seven times).
- All seven of the goals scored in the last three Championship playoff finals have been netted before half-time.
- Reading's only previous appearance in a Championship/First Division playoff final came back in 1995, when they lost 4-3 AET to Bolton Wanderers.
- Swansea lost their last playoff final in the Football League, when they went down to Barnsley on penalties after a 2-2 draw in the 2006 League One final.
- The Swans also suffered a 0-1 defeat to Northampton in the League Two final in 1997 at Wembley, but were successful in 1988, beating Torquay United over two legs in the fourth tier playoff final.
Huddersfield v Peterborough
- The three meetings between the sides in all competitions this season have produced a total of 13 goals.
- This is Huddersfield's sixth appearance in the third tier playoffs. The Terriers were promoted to the First Division in 1994/1995, but lost in the semi-finals on all four other playoff appearances at this level.
- The team finishing third in the table have won three of the last four League One Playoffs.
- Peterborough netted 106 league goals in the regular season, 20 more than any other League One side.
- Despite this, only relegated Bristol Rovers (82) conceded more than the Posh (75) in the third tier.
- Peterborough have won their both of their two previous appearances in the Football League Playoffs, progressing from League One in 1992 and League Two in 2000.
- Since 1989, the team finishing fourth in the table has only won the playoffs three times out of 22, with the last team to do so being Brighton in 2004.
- League One top scorer Craig Mackail-Smith has netted seven goals in his last 10 games, including one in each leg of the semi-finals.
- Only one of the last 13 meetings between these sides has ended in a draw.
- Huddersfield are now unbeaten in 27 league games including playoffs and have not yet tasted defeat in 2011.
Stevenage v Torquay
- Stevenage failed to find the net in either of their two league fixtures against Torquay earlier this season.
- Torquay defeated Stevenage 2-0 at home in March, following a goalless draw at the Lamex Stadium in September.
- Going back further, Stevenage have not scored in any of their last four league meetings with the Gulls, including two games in the Blue Square Premier in 2008/09.
- Three of the last four playoff finals in League Two have seen the winning side net three goals.
- The winners of the final last season; Dagenham & Redbridge, finished 7th in the league, like Torquay this term.
- Torquay lost their most recent appearance in the League Two playoff final; 0-1 against Colchester United back in 1998, although they did defeat Blackpool on penalties at the same stage in 1991.
- Stevenage have lost only twice in their last 14 matches in all competitions.
- Torquay have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last nine games.