Premier League Opta Facts - 15 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Birmingham City v Newcastle United
- Birmingham have only won one of the 10 Premier League meetings with Newcastle.
- Birmingham have won none of the five home Premier League games against Newcastle, drawing the last four in a row.
- Birmingham have had exactly two players booked in each of the last five Premier League matches against Newcastle.
- The Blues have won two successive Premier League games for the first time since Feb-Mar 2010. Should they win this game, it will be the first time since December 2009 that they have won three games on the trot in the Premier League.
- Newcastle have failed to win any of their last five league games, with four of these games ending in a draw.
- The Magpies have won just one of their last seven league games away from home, scoring just four goals in the process.
- Birmingham ‘keeper Ben Foster has made an average of 4.5 saves a game in the Premier League this season; a more frequent rate than any other goalkeeper.
- Cheik Tioté has given away a foul every 29 minutes & 18 seconds in the Premier League this season on average; only Wolves' Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has fouled more frequently.
- Birmingham and Newcastle are the only teams in the Premier League yet to benefit from an own goal this season.
- Birmingham City have scored nine goals from indirect free kicks this season; more than any other side in the Premier League.