Premier League Opta Facts - 16-18 October
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Arsenal v Birmingham City
- Arsenal have led in all four of the matches against Birmingham with Alex McLeish in charge, but the Blues have come back to draw on three occasions.
- Arsenal have followed all six previous defeats in the Premier League at the Emirates Stadium with a victory in their next home match.
- Birmingham have only won one of 10 Premier League matches with Arsenal and none of the five away from home.
- The Gunners have scored 18 goals in their four matches at the Emirates this season.
- Arsenal have only kept two clean sheets in their 10 matches in all competitions this season.
- Birmingham have lost six and won none of their last eight Premier League away matches.
Aston Villa v Chelsea
- Aston Villa have committed 118 fouls, more than any other team in the Premier League.
- Villa have dropped eight points this season from winning positions, the joint-most in the Premier League.
- 78% of the goals Villa have scored have been netted in the first half, a higher percentage than any other team.
- Aston Villa have lost only one of their last 12 Premier League matches at Villa Park.
- Aston Villa have lost only one of their last 11 Premier League home games against Chelsea.
- Frank Lampard has scored nine Premier League goals against Aston Villa, more than against any other team.
Bolton Wanderers v Stoke City
- Stoke have recouped seven points from losing positions this season, more than any other team.
- 89% of the goals Stoke have conceded have come before half-time.
- Last season, Bolton were 0-1 down to Stoke going into the final six minutes of each match, but came away with four points from a win and a draw.
- Stoke have only won one of the last eight league meetings with Bolton.
- Bolton have drawn four of their last five Premier League matches at the Reebok, including the last three in a row.
- Stoke are unbeaten in their last six games played in October in the Premier League; winning four and drawing two.
Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur
- Mark Hughes has drawn 14 of his last 18 matches as a Premier League manager.
- Spurs have only won one of their nine Premier League away games against Fulham and none of the last eight.
- Fulham have failed to score in the last three Premier League games against Spurs.
- Five of the last eight matches between Spurs and Fulham have ended as draws, three of them goalless.
- Fulham have failed to score in four of their last five matches against Spurs in all competitions.
- Tottenham have conceded exactly one goal in each of their last six Premier League matches.
Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion
- West Brom have lost 49 Premier League away matches.
- Dimitar Berbatov scored in each of his two Premier League appearances against West Brom.
- Man Utd have won 11 and lost none of the last 12 league meetings with West Brom.
- United have won 16 and drawn none of their last 18 Premier League matches at Old Trafford.
- Man Utd have scored in 14 consecutive Premier League matches at Old Trafford and only in two of those games did they fail to score at least three times.
- Prior to their victory over Arsenal last month, West Brom had won none and lost 16 of their 18 matches against the "Big Four" in Premier League history.
Newcastle United v Wigan Athletic
- All of Wigan's goals have been netted in the second half; they are the only team without a first half goal this season.
- Wigan are also the only team in the Premier League yet to concede a goal away from home this season.
- No team has conceded more penalties in the Premier League this season than Newcastle (3).
- Ryan Taylor has scored in each of his last four appearances in Wigan versus Newcastle games, but all as a Wigan player.
- There have been four red cards and four penalties in the eight Premier League matches between Wigan and Newcastle.
- The Magpies have only won two of their last 13 Premier League home games and have lost three of the last four.
- Wigan have only won one of their last 10 Premier League away matches.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Ham United
- Wolves have dropped eight points this season from winning positions, the joint-most in the Premier League.
- Four of the five goals West Ham have scored have come from set pieces.
- West Ham have won none of their last 21 Premier League away matches.
- Wolves have won none of the last six and lost their last four Premier League matches in a row.
- Mick McCarthy's side have picked up the most cards this season, 20 yellows and two reds.
- Avoiding defeat would see West ham record their longest unbeaten run since April 2009 of four games without a loss.
Blackpool v Manchester City
- The Tangerines have allowed 52 shots on target against them, more than any other team in the top flight.
- Blackpool and City are the only teams in the top flight yet to score a headed goal.
- Five of Charlie Adam's last six goals for Blackpool in all competitions have come from the penalty spot.
- Carlos Tevez has scored 26 goals in his last 30 Premier League outings.
- Man City have only ever won 12 out of 69 Premier League north west derbies away from home.
- Blackpool have conceded more goals (15) than any other team, while only Chelsea have conceded fewer than Man City (3).
Everton v Liverpool
- There have been more red cards in matches between Everton and Liverpool in the Premier League than in any other fixture (19).
- Everton have picked up only six yellow cards this season, fewer than any other team.
- Fernando Torres has scored three goals in three Premier League games against Everton.
- Liverpool have won five and lost none of the last seven Premier League meetings against Everton.
- Liverpool have won just one of their last nine Premier League matches, while Everton have won just two of their last nine.
- Defeat last time at Goodison Park ended a run of 14 Premier League games without a loss on home soil for Everton.
- The Reds have won just one of their last 12 Premier League away matches and just two of their last 15 since beating Everton in February.
Blackburn Rovers v Sunderland
- Seven of the last 10 meetings in all competitions have been won by a one-goal margin and the other three were draws.
- Sunderland have only won two of the last 10 Premier League meetings with Blackburn.
- Sunderland have only won two of their last 32 Premier League away games.
- Blackburn have only lost five of their 33 Premier League home games under Sam Allardyce.
- Sunderland have only kept one clean sheet in their last 21 Premier League away matches.
- The Black Cats have won more penalties than any other team so far (3) and converted them all.