Premier League Opta Facts March 31st April 2nd
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Premier League Opta Facts - March 31st - April 2nd
Aston Villa v Chelsea
- Chelsea have only won one of their last 12 Premier League visits to Villa Park (W1 D7 L4).
- The Blues have also netted just two goals in their last five visits to play Villa.
- Aston Villa have won two and lost just one of the last five Premier League games against Chelsea, which included a 3-1 win at Stamford Bridge on New Year's Eve.
- Didier Drogba has scored in each of his last four appearances in all competitions against Villa.
- Chelsea have won just one of their last eight Premier League away games (W1 D4 L3) and lost the last three in a row.
- Chelsea have won just two of their last nine Premier League games (W2 D4 L3).
- Since beating Chelsea, Aston Villa have won just two of their last 10 Premier League matches (W2 D4 L4).
- Despite beating Fulham in their last home game, that is Alex McLeish's side's only win at Villa Park in their last eight games (W1 D2 L5).
- Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League who have not scored a goal from a corner this season, plus they have conceded the joint-most from this route (11).
- Chelsea have conceded the joint-fewest goals from corners (1) along with Sunderland.
- Aston Villa have scored the joint-fewest headed goals (2), while Chelsea have conceded the joint-fewest headed goals (4).
Everton v West Bromwich Albion
- Tim Cahill has scored in the last two Premier League games against West Brom at Goodison Park.
- Only one of the 11 Premier League meetings between West Brom and Everton has ended as a draw.
- There have been three red cards in the last three league meetings between the Toffees and the Baggies.
- Despite having 16 different goalscorers in the Premier League this season, Leighton Baines is Everton's top scorer this season with just four goals.
- Everton have kept three clean sheets in their last four Premier League home games, conceding only one in their other game during this run.
- West Brom have lost just two of their last nine Premier League away games (W4 D3 L2).
- Everton have scored the highest proportion of second half goals in the Premier League (70%).
- West Brom have scored the joint-highest proportion of goals in the opening 15 minutes of games (19%).
- 19% of the goals Everton have conceded have been netted by opposition defenders, the highest proportion of any team in the top division.
- 22% of the goals West Brom have scored have come from corners, the highest percentage in the Premier League.
Fulham v Norwich City
- Fulham have won seven and lost none of their last nine games against Norwich in all competitions.
- The last time Norwich travelled to Craven Cottage, they were hammered 6-0 by Fulham.
- Fulham have recovered the most points from losing positions in home games of any team in the Premier League this season (8).
- Only Chelsea and QPR (both 15) have dropped more points from winning positions than Norwich this season (14).
- Only Arsenal (19) and Wolves (14) have recovered more points from losing positions than Norwich (13).
- The Canaries have gone six games without a clean sheet, conceding exactly one goal in each of their last four matches.
- The Whites have lost their last three games in a row without scoring.
- Fulham have never gone four games in a row in the Premier League without scoring.
- Norwich have scored more headed goals (15) than any other Premier League side accounting for a division-high 37% of their goals.
- Fulham have conceded 16 goals in the final 15 minutes of Premier League games this season, more than any other team in this period.
Manchester City v Sunderland
- Sunderland have drawn 99 top-flight games in the Premier League era and lost 199.
- Manchester City have won 24 of their last 25 Premier League home games including the last 20 in a row.
- Roberto Mancini's side have kept six clean sheets in their last eight Premier League home games.
- Sunderland's last two wins over Man City have been by a 1-0 scoreline with the only goal being a 90th minute winner.
- Carlos Tevez has scored a penalty in each of the last two meetings between these two sides at the Etihad Stadium.
- 82% of the goals Manchester City have conceded have come in the second half of games, the highest proportion in the top flight and they haven't conceded a first half goal since December against Chelsea.
- 18% of the goals Sunderland have conceded have been shipped in the opening 15 minutes of games, the joint-highest proportion in the top flight.
- Nicklas Bendtner has scored in three of his last four Premier League games and also in his last appearance at the Etihad Stadium in a 3-0 over City.
- The Black Cats have won just one of their last five Premier League away games (W1 D1 L3).
- Sunderland have had players sent off in three of their last five Premier League visits to the Etihad Stadium.
Queens Park Rangers v Arsenal
- Arsenal have won a lower percentage of games against QPR than versus any other opponent in Premier League history (22%).
- Robin van Persie has only scored against one Premier League side (Manchester United) in both league meetings this season.
- Arsenal have seen more opposition players red carded against them than any other team this season (5).
- QPR have picked up more red cards (6) than any other team in the top flight this season, half of which have come since Mark Hughes took over.
- Arsenal now have the joint-longest run of consecutive league wins (7) in 2011-12 Premier League. They last won eight in a row in March 2004.
- QPR have won just two of their last 18 Premier League matches (W2 D4 L12).
- Since his arrival in England, Thomas Vermaelen has scored more goals (12) than any other Premier League defender.
- QPR have conceded 13% of their goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season, a lower proportion than any other top flight side.
- Arsenal have won more points from losing positions than any other team this season (19).
- No side have dropped more points from winning positions than QPR in the Premier League in 2011-12 (15).
Wigan Athletic v Stoke City
- Five of the seven Premier League meetings between Wigan and Stoke have ended as draws.
- Only one of the last 10 league meetings between Wigan and Stoke has ended as a home win.
- Wigan have lost just one of their last seven Premier League matches (W2 D4 L1).
- However, the Latics have struggled on their own patch, winning none of their last 13 matches at the DW Stadium (W0 D6 L7).
- Stoke have lost just one of their last five Premier League games (W2 D2 L1).
- The Potters have won just one of their last seven Premier League games on the road (W1 D2 L4).
- Stoke have scored the highest percentage of goals from set plays in the top flight (59%) this season.
- Only Norwich (37%) have scored a higher percentage of headed goals than Stoke (34%).
- Wigan have scored a higher percentage of goals from outside the penalty area than any other team in the top flight (30%).
- Wigan have scored the joint-fewest headed goals in the Premier League this season (2).
- 19% of the goals Wigan have scored have come from penalties, while 17% of the goals Stoke have shipped have come from the spot; both divisional highs.
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bolton Wanderers
- Bolton have won seven and lost just one of the last 10 meetings with Wolves.
- Only Arsenal (19) have picked up more points from losing positions than Wolves (14) this season.
- Wolves have won just one of their last 16 Premier League matches (W1 D5 L10) and taken just one point from the last 18 available.
- Wolves have taken just one point from the last 24 available at Molineux and lost the last six in a row on home soil.
- Bolton haven't won three league games in a row since December 2006.
- Owen Coyle's side have lost their last four Premier League away games and have failed to score in any of those defeats.
- Only Wolves (221) have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them in the top flight then Bolton (173).
- Bolton have earned 16 points in their head to head games with the other teams in the current bottom five, six more than the next highest haul which is Wolves with 10.
- The Trotters have been caught offside just 39 times in the Premier League, fewer occasions than any other team.
- Wolves have scored just one goal from outside the box this season, fewer than any other team.
Newcastle United v Liverpool
- Liverpool have drawn 99 Premier League games away from home and scored 498 goals on the road.
- Only Wolves (5) have picked up fewer points than Liverpool (8) in the Premier league in 2012.
- Papiss Demba Cisse has scored five goals in his six Premier League appearances for Newcastle.
- Dirk Kuyt has scored in five of his seven Premier League starts against Newcastle, including the last three in a row.
- Liverpool have won six of their last seven Premier League games against the Magpies, losing the other.
- Newcastle's last victory in this meeting came last season against Liverpool at St James Park when Andy Carroll scored in the 90th minute for the Magpies.
- The Reds have lost five of their last six Premier League matches, including their last three on the road.
- Steven Gerrard has assisted a goal in each of his last four Premier League starts against Newcastle.
- Gerrard has also netted five goals in his last five league appearances against the Magpies.
- Alan Pardew's side are unbeaten in their last six matches at the Sports Direct Arena, winning four of those.
Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City
- Tottenham have lost just one of their last 14 Premier League home games, winning 10 of the others.
- Spurs have won none of their last five Premier League games and have only once gone six without a victory since Harry Redknapp took over (December 2008 to January 2009).
- Redknapp's side have scored the most goals in the opening 15 minutes of games this season (10).
- The Lilywhites have scored the lowest proportion of goals in the final 15 minutes of matches (13%).
- Spurs are the only team in the Premier League not to score from a free kick situation this season.
- Swansea have won four of their last six Premier League away games.
- The Welsh side have committed fewer fouls than any other team in the top flight (250) and picked up fewer cards (35 yellow, two red).
- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored five goals in his last four away games in the Premier League for Swansea.
- Emmanuel Adebayor is the only player in the Premier League who has double figures for both goals and assists (11 each).
- Scott Parker has made 99 tackles this season, more than any other player in the top flight.
Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United
- Wayne Rooney has scored 17 goals in his last 17 appearances for Manchester United in all competitions.
- Rooney has scored in four of his last five Premier League appearances against Rovers.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 16 Premier League away games (W11 D4 L1).
- The Red Devils have taken 28 points from the last 30 available and won the last six Premier League games in a row.
- Blackburn scored three goals from three shots on target when they beat Manchester United on New Years Eve.
- Dimitar Berbatov has scored eight goals in his last five Premier League appearances against Blackburn and the nine goals he has netted in total against Rovers is the highest versus any opponent for the Bulgarian in the English top flight.
- Paul Robinson has saved just 55% of shots on target faced, the worst saves to shots ratio of any ‘keeper in the top flight.
- Manchester United have kept more clean sheets than any other side in the top division (15) and have netted the most goals (74).
- Only the top six teams in the league have scored more goals in the Premier League than Blackburn (43), but only Wolves (65) have conceded more than Steve Kean's men (62).
- Rovers have won three and lost just one of their last five Premier League games at Ewood Park, but have won just one of the last seven on home turf against the Red Devils (W1 D4 L2).