SPL Opta Facts – October 16 - 17
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Aberdeen v Hearts
- Hearts haven't beaten any other side more times than Aberdeen in the SPL (22).
- Darren Mackie has scored in four of his last six games against Hearts in all competitions.
- None of the last four league games between these sides has seen a home win.
- The last seven league clashes between the sides at Pittodrie have produced only eight goals.
- No player has assisted more goals in the SPL this season than Suso Santana.
- Hearts have won three of their last four away games.
- The Dons have lost four of their last five league games at Pittodrie.
Hibernian v Kilmarnock
- Hibs have won four of their last five matches at home to Kilmarnock in the SPL.
- Hibernian won both matches at home to Killie last season 1-0 thanks to a goal in the final 15 minutes.
- The Hibees have not won any of their last seven matches at home in the SPL, their longest such run since February 2002.
- Killie have lost only one of their last four league games on the road.
- Conor Sammon has scored in each of his last three league appearances.
Inverness Caledonian Thistle v St Johnstone
- This will be the first meeting between these two sides in the Scottish top flight.
- Caley Thistle have won four of their last five games against the Saints in all competitions.
- Inverness have not won three consecutive league matches since December 2007.
- Only Celtic (7) have scored more goals from set pieces this season than Inverness (5).
- However no side has conceded fewer goals from dead ball routines than the Saints (1).
Rangers v Motherwell
- Three of the four league meetings between the sides last season ended in a draw.
- Rangers dropped more points against Motherwell last season than any other side in the SPL.
- Kyle Lafferty has scored a brace in both of his appearances at Ibrox against Motherwell.
- Rangers have lost just two of their last 55 league games at Ibrox.
- The Steelmen have won three straight matches on the road in the SPL. They have never won four on the bounce.
- No side has conceded fewer goals in open play this season than Motherwell (2).
St Mirren v Hamilton
- The Saints have failed to score in their last six meetings with Hamilton.
- The eight meetings between the sides in the SPL have produced just eight goals.
- St Mirren have only scored more than once in one of their last 15 league matches.
- Should they score in this match, the Accies will have found the net in six consecutive SPL matches for the first time in their history.
- Five of Hamilton's six goals this season have come in the first half.
Dundee Utd v Celtic
- Celtic have lost just two of their 42 SPL meetings with Dundee United, though both of these came at Tanndice.
- It is 13 years and 23 matches in all competitions since the Bhoys last failed to score at Tanadice.
- Neither Rangers nor Celtic have conceded a league goal after the 60th minute this season.
- Celtic have won all 15 league matches under Neil Lennon.
- The Bhoys have shipped just two goals in their six away matches with Neil Lennon as manager in the SPL.
- The Tangerines have hit four goals in the opening 15 minutes of SPL matches this season (the most), while Celtic have conceded two of their three in this period.