SPL Opta Facts - 17-18 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
SPL Opta FactsSPL Opta Facts
17-18 March 2012
Dundee United v Rangers
- Only Celtic (24) have won more SPL matches against Rangers than Dundee United (7).
- The Terrors have lost their last four league meetings with Rangers, scoring just one goal and shipping 10.
- United are without a win in eight at home to the Gers (D3 L5).
- The Tangerines have scored just one goal in their last six SPL matches at home to Rangers combined.
- There have been five red cards in the last four league meetings between these sides.
- Kyle Lafferty has scored six SPL goals against United, his joint-most against any side in the SPL.
- Rangers have scored the fewest goals from outside the box in the SPL this season (four).
- United have scored more goals in the last 15 minutes of SPL games this season than any other side (15, second: Hearts 11).
- Only Celtic (21) have scored more goals from set pieces in the SPL this season than Rangers (17).
- United have picked up more points after conceding the first goal (11) than any other side in the SPL this season.
Motherwell v Aberdeen
- Motherwell are unbeaten in their last nine league meetings with Aberdeen.
- The Steelmen have won their last four league games against the Dons, each time by a single-goal margin.
- Aberdeen have scored exactly once in six of their last seven SPL trips to Fir Park, failing to net in the other.
- Motherwell have won their last four league games at home, having won just three of 10 at home all season before this, and have scored at least three goals in each.
- This is only the second time that the Steelmen have won four in a row at Fir Park in the SPL: in 2003/04 they went on to win their fifth game.
- Aberdeen are unbeaten in their last nine league games, though seven of these have been draws.
- Previously the Dons had never been unbeaten in more than seven in a row in the SPL.
St Mirren v St Johnstone
- There has been just one goal scored in the last four SPL clashes between the two Saints (1-0 to St Mirren in October).
- St Mirren have won only one of their seven SPL games at home to St Johnstone (W1 D4 L2).
- Four of St Mirren's last four SPL games have ended goalless, the other ended 1-1.
- St Mirren are without a win in nine in the league (D6 L3).
- One more goalless draw for St Mirren would see them equal the record for most goalless draws in a single SPL season (eight by Kilmarnock in 1998/99).
- Two of St Johnstone's last three SPL matches have ended nil-all.
- St Johnstone have lost only one of their last nine SPL away games.
Hearts v Hibernian
- Hearts are unbeaten in nine SPL Edinburgh derbies.
- Only twice before have Hibernian gone longer without a win against Hearts in the league: 20 games between 1989/90 and 1993/94 and 18 between 1978/79 and 1986/87.
- The Jambos have won six of their last seven SPL matches against their local rivals.
- Hibernian have scored only three goals in their last nine league visits to Tyneside combined.
- Andy Webster has scored only three league goals this season: two of them in the previous Edinburgh derbies.
- Hearts have lost their last two league games at home, failing to score and shipping six goals in total.
- A win at Ibrox in their last match ended a run of five without a win for Hearts in the league.
- Hibernian are unbeaten in back-to-back league matches for the first time since October.
- Hibs have scored exactly three in three of their last four league away games.
- Hibernian have conceded five goals from direct free kicks in the SPL this season, all the other sides combined have conceded just seven in this way.
- Hearts are the joint-lowest scoring side in the opening 15 minutes of SPL games this season (two goals).