Serie A Opta Facts – 3-4 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Siena
- This will be the 10th meeting between Atalanta and Siena in the top flight: the Nerazzurri lead by three wins to two, with four draws.
- Atalanta are unbeaten so far at home against Siena (two wins and as many draws).
- Last Sunday's defeat against Juventus came after two consecutive wins for Atalanta in Serie A, against Livorno and Cagliari.
- At home, Bortolo Mutti's side are unbeaten in their last three fixtures (two wins and a draw), in which they have shipped only one goal.
- Siena have failed to score a single goal in their last two league games (2-0 defeat at Lazio and the goalless draw last Sunday at home with Genoa).
- Siena have scored the fewest goals in the first half so far this season (nine).
Bari v Roma
- Roma are unbeaten in the last 14 meetings with Bari in Serie A: 10 wins to the Giallorossi and four draws.
- Bari have never scored more than a single goal in their last 11 Serie A meetings with Roma.
- In the last six meetings between these two sides at the San Nicola, Roma have won four times, with two draws rounding off the record.
- Bari are unbeaten in the last five match-days of this campaign (three wins and two draws).
- At home, Bari have lost only once in their last 11 league fixtures - seven wins and three draws complete the record.
- Last Saturday's win over Inter extended Roma's unbeaten run in Serie A to 21 games (15 wins and six draws).
- Away from home, Totti & co. are unbeaten in their last nine league games (four wins and five draws).
- Roma have scored the most goals in the second half so far this season (29).
Cagliari v AC Milan
- AC Milan are unbeaten in their last 14 meetings with Cagliari in Serie A (10 wins to the Rossoneri and four draws).
- Cagliari have picked up only one point from their last six meetings with AC Milan (a goalless draw at the Sant'Elia in 2008/09).
- In the last six league meetings between these two sides in Sardinia there have been three wins to the Rossoneri and as many draws.
- Cagliari are winless in their last seven league games, in which they have picked up only two points.
- Prior to their defeat with Lazio in their last game at home, Cagliari were unbeaten in 11 consecutive league games at the Sant'Elia.
- AC Milan are winless in the last three match-days of this campaign, and have conceded one goal in each of these fixtures.
- The Rossoneri have netted only three goals in their last five league games.
- Cagliari have been the most prolific side in the last 15 minutes of play so far this term, scoring 14 goals.
- However, the Sardinians have dropped the most points from leading situations in this competition (24).
Catania v Palermo
- This Sicilian derby has been played 11 times in Serie A so far: both sides have won three times, with five draws, including that in the reverse fixture at the "Barbera".
- Catania are unbeaten in their last three meetings with Palermo (two wins and a draw).
- In the five previous meetings played at the Massimino, the hosts have had the better twice, one success for the guests and one draw complete the record.
- Last Sunday's defeat with Napoli ended a five-game unbeaten run for Catania in Serie A.
- Catania are unbeaten at home in their last seven games (five wins and two draws), in which they have conceded only two goals.
- Away from home, Palermo have won only once in their last seven games - three defeats and as many draws complete the record.
Chievo v Sampdoria
- This will be the 12th meeting between these two sides in Serie A: the Blucerchiati lead by five wins to one, with five draws.
- Four of the last five league meetings between Sampdoria and Chievo have ended as draws.
- Chievo have never won at home against Sampdoria (four 1-1 draws and a win to Sampdoria in Verona in 2004/05).
- Chievo are winless in their last five league fixtures, and are on a run of three consecutive draws.
- Domenico Di Carlo's side have netted only one goal in their last five league games.
- However, at home Chievo are unbeaten in their last three games, in light of two draws and a win.
- Sampdoria have collected only two points from their last four league games on the road.
Genoa v Livorno
- Genoa's last win against Livorno was back in January 1949; after that, their first meeting in the top flight was in 2007/08, and the Grifoni are still waiting for their first win, after two draws and one win to the Tuscans in the reverse fixture of this campaign.
- Seven of the nine last Serie A meetings between these two sides have ended as draws.
- At home, Genoa have lost only one of their 12 Serie A meetings with the Amaranto (in May 1939).
- Genoa are winless in their last three Serie A matches (two draws and a defeat).
- However, at home the Grifoni have lost only once in their last 12 games - eight wins and three draws complete the record.
- Livorno are winless in their last 12 league games (four draws and eight defeats).
- Serse Cosmi's side are on a run of four consecutive defeats away from home, and have picked up only one point from their last seven on the road.
- Genoa have conceded the most goals after half-time so far this season in Serie A (29).
Inter Milan v Bologna
- These two sides have met 127 times so far in Serie A: Inter have won 60 times, Bologna 37 and 30 draws complete the record.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last nine Serie A meetings with Bologna, and have won the last four.
- At the San Siro, the Nerazzurri have won six of their last eight meetings with Bologna, sharing the points in the other two.
- José Mourinho's side have won only two of their last seven league fixtures, and one of the last five.
- However, at home the Nerazzurri are still unbeaten in over two years, since losing to Juventus in March 2008.
- Bologna have lost three consecutive games in Serie A, scoring only one goal in the process.
- Inter boast the best attack (58 goals scored) and best defence (28 conceded) in this campaign.
Lazio v Napoli
- Napoli have won 37 of their 108 Serie A meetings with Lazio in the top-flight, the Biancocelesti have won 33 and 37 draws complete the record.
- The hosts have won 24 times at the Olimpico against Napoli, 12 wins to the guests and 17 draws in the process.
- These two sides have not shared a draw at the Olimpico in the last nine meetings: seven wins to the hosts and two for the guests.
- Lazio are unbeaten in their last three games: two wins prior to last Sunday's draw with AC Milan.
- Lazio have won only one of their last five league games at home, losing two and drawing as many.
- Napoli have won their last two consecutive fixtures, against Juventus and Catania; however prior to this, Walter Mazzarri's side had not won in eight consecutive games.
- Away from home the Partenopei are winless in their last four games (two draws and as many defeats).
Parma v Fiorentina
- These two sides have met 31 times in Serie A so far: each have won 11 times, with nine draws rounding off the record.
- Parma and Fiorentina have not shared a draw in their last eight Serie A meetings (six wins to the Tuscans).
- At the Tardini, the hosts have managed only one win in the last four occasions they have hosted the Viola; two wins to the guests and a draw in the process.
- Parma are unbeaten in their last six Serie A fixtures (three wins at home, all by 1-0, and as many away draws).
- Fiorentina have won three of their last four league games, losing only to Catania.
- Away from home, the Viola have won only one of their last six fixtures - two draws and three defeats complete the record.
Udinese v Juventus
- Udinese have managed only nine wins in their previous 71 meetings with Juventus in Serie A; the Old Lady have had the better on 48 occasions, with 14 draws completing the record.
- Juventus have won 13 of their last 16 meetings with Udinese.
- Prior to last season's 2-1 win, Udinese had failed to beat Juventus at home in 11 consecutive games.
- Udinese have failed to score in six of their last eight Serie A games with Juventus.
- Pasquale Marino's side are winless in their last three league games (two defeats and a goalless draw), but have been successful in three of their last five at home.
- Juventus have won only one of their last four league games, last Sunday against Atalanta.
- Del Piero & co. have lost their last two away games of this campaign, against Sampdoria and Napoli.