Serie A Opta Facts – April 16-18
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atalanta v Fiorentina
- Atalanta's last win over Fiorentina was in January 2005 (1-0 in Bergamo); since then, the Viola are unbeaten in this match-up in light of four wins and as many draws.
- Fiorentina have netted two goals in each of their last six league meetings with Atalanta, enough for three wins and as many draws.
- Atalanta are unbeaten at home in their last four league games, and have taken all three points in the last three conceding only one goal in the process.
- The Viola have suffered only one defeat in the last six match-days of this campaign - three wins and two draws complete the record.
- However, Cesare Prandelli's side have won only one of their last seven matches on the road.
- Fiorentina have been the most prolific side in Serie A in the last 30 minutes of play so far, netting 24 goals in this period.
- Atalanta have not won any of the 20 games they have trailed in this season: 18 defeats and two draws.
Bari v Napoli
- Bari's last win against Napoli in Serie A was in 1997/98 (2-0 at the San Nicola).
- Since then, these two sides have met four times in the top-flight: a 2-2 draw in May 1998, prior to three consecutive wins for the Partenopei.
- Overall, Bari have won only one of their last 19 Serie A meetings with Napoli in Serie A.
- Giampiero Ventura's side have lost their last two league games, and have picked up only one point from their last three outings.
- Away from home, Napoli have recorded three draws and two defeats in their last five league games.
- Along with Inter, Bari have scored the most goals in the first 15 minutes of play so far (12).
Cagliari v Palermo
- Over the past three seasons, Palermo have won the ‘Derby of the Islands' four times; one win for Cagliari completes the record.
- The Sardinians have netted one goal in each of their last four Serie A meetings with the Rosanero.
- The Sicilians have managed only one win in eight visits to the San'Elia in the top flight (in September 2007), and have netted only two goals in total at Cagliari's ground so far.
- Cagliari are winless in their last nine league fixtures (seven defeats and two draws), and have picked up only one point from their last three at the Sant'Elia.
- Palermo have managed only one win in their last eight games on the road - three draws and four defeats complete the record.
Catania v Siena
- Siena are unbeaten in their seven Serie A meetings with Catania, in light of two wins in the last two, and five consecutive draws before that.
- Catania have scored a total of just one goal in the three occasions they've hosted the Tuscans at the Massimino in the top-flight.
- Catania have suffered only one defeat in the last eight match-days of this competition - four wins and three draws complete the record.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic's side are unbeaten in their last eight home fixtures and have notched-up four consecutive wins in the last four.
- Over these last eight games at home, Catania have conceded only two goals.
- Siena have lost their last two away games by the same scoreline (2-0).
Chievo v Livorno
- These two sides have met seven times in the top-flight so far: Chievo remain unbeaten following six wins and a draw.
- Livorno have scored only three goals in Serie A against Chievo.
- At home, Chievo have always won when they've hosted Livorno in Serie A.
- Domenico Di Carlo's side are winless in their last seven Serie A games (three draws and four defeats), in which they have netted only three goals in total.
- At home, Chievo have won only one of their last six fixtures, losing twice and sharing the points three times.
- Livorno have failed to win in their last 14 league games (nine defeats and five draws).
- The Amaranto have picked up only two points from their last eight fixtures on the road.
- The Tuscans have the worst attack in Serie A, with only two goals netted in 33 games.
Inter v Juventus
- This is the 154th ‘Derby of Italy' in the top-flight: Juventus lead by 72 wins to 43, 38 draws complete the record.
- The Nerazzurri have managed only one win in the last seven occasions they have faced Juventus in the league (1-0 at home in November 2008); four wins to the Bianconeri and two draws complete the record.
- At the San Siro, the hosts have won only two of their last 10 meetings with the Old Lady; five draws and three wins for the guests in the process.
- Juventus were the last side to win at Inter in the league (2-1 in March 2008).
- Since then, the Nerazzurri have notched-up 38 consecutive unbeaten games at home (28 wins and 10 draws).
- Last Sunday against Cagliari, Juventus managed their first clean sheet in their last 20 league fixtures.
- José Mourinho's side have kept a clean sheet in their last six home games in the league.
- The Bianconeri are on a run of three consecutive defeats away from home, in which they have scored only one goal, conceding seven.
- Juventus have already scored 15 headed goals so far this term - a league-high.
Lazio v Roma
- This will be the 132nd ‘Rome Derby' in Serie A: Roma lead by 44 wins to 33, 54 draws complete the record.
- These two sides have alternated wins in their last five meetings, with Lazio having the better of Roma in the reverse fixture, back in December.
- Lazio have won their last three derby matches played at home, scoring always three or more goals.
- Last Sunday's win over Atalanta sent Roma to the top of the Serie A table for the first time this season.
- The Giallorossi are unbeaten in their last 23 league fixtures (17 wins and six draws).
- The Biancocelesti are unbeaten in their last five games, in light of three wins and two draws.
- Roma and Lazio are the two sides to have won the most points over the last five match-days of Serie A (respectively 15 and 11).
Parma v Genoa
- These two sides have met 13 times in the top-flight so far: Parma lead by six wins to three, four draws (including the 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture) complete the record.
- At home, Parma are unbeaten against Genoa in Serie A, as result of five wins and a draw.
- Genoa have scored only two goals in their previous six visits to Parma in the top-flight.
- Francesco Guidolin's side are unbeaten in their last eight league fixtures (four wins and as many draws), and have won three of their last four at home by the same scoreline (1-0).
- Genoa are winless in their last five league games (three draws and two defeats).
- Giampiero Gasperini's side are winless in their last 12 games on the road (eight defeats and four draws).
Sampdoria v AC Milan
- Since 1997, Sampdoria have managed only three wins in 17 meetings against AC Milan in Serie A - 11 wins for the Rossoneri and three draws complete the record.
- The Rossoneri have scored in each of their last nine visits to Sampdoria in the league.
- Leonardo's side have suffered only one defeat in their last 13 league fixtures - six wins and as many draws complete the record.
- However, Ronaldinho & co. have managed to win only one of their last five league fixtures.
- Sampdoria are unbeaten at home since January 2009 (Sampdoria v Palermo 0-2); since then, they have notched-up 14 wins and 11 draws in Serie A.
- AC Milan have recouped the joint-most points from trailing situations alongside Roma this season (18).
- Antonio Cassano has netted four of his side's last six goals in the league.
Udinese v Bologna
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last eight Serie A meetings (five wins for Bologna, three for Udinese).
- Udinese beat Bologna 1-0 on the last occasion this fixture was played at the Friuli; prior to that, the hosts had managed only one point from their previous four meeting against Bologna.
- Udinese have scored only two goals in their last five meetings with Bologna at the Friuli.
- Udinese have won their last two Serie A fixtures without conceding a single goal, and scoring five.
- Pasquale Marino's side have won four of their last six home games, losing only once in the process.
- Bologna are on a run of five consecutive defeats in Serie A, and have conceded three goals in each of the last three.