Spanish La Liga Opta Facts - 27-28 February
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Spanish La Liga Opta Facts
Atletico Madrid v Valencia
- Before netting two goals in the last meeting, back in September 2009, Atletico had never scored more than one against Valencia in the previous 19 league meetings.
- Atletico have managed only three wins in their last 20 league meetings with Valencia, who have won 11 times in this period.
- However, Los Colchoneros have won their last two league games with Valencia at the Vicente Calderon by 1-0.
- Only four goals have been scored in the last five meetings between these two sides in Madrid.
- Atletico have managed only one win in the last five match-days of La Liga.
- At home, Atletico have won three of their last four league fixtures.
- Valencia have picked up only two points from their last three games on the road.
Barcelona v Malaga
- Barcelona are unbeaten in the last eight league games with Malaga (seven wins and a draw).
- Malaga have managed to score only one goal in these eight fixtures (in a 4-1 defeat at home in November 2008), and their only point came as result of a goalless draw in March 2006.
- At the Cam Nou, Barca are on a run of seven consecutive wins against Malaga, with the hosts keeping a clean sheet in the last four fixtures.
- The Blaugrana have won 16 of their last 17 meetings at home with the Andalusians.
- These two sides have not shared a draw in Barcelona since May 1972 (17 meetings).
- At home, Pep Guardiola's side are still unbeaten this term in 11 games.
- Malaga are unbeaten in the last four match-days of this campaign (three wins and a draw).
- Away from home, the Andalusians have won their last two fixtures against Atletico and Racing by 2-0.
- Barcelona have conceded only 13 goals so far this term, a league-low.
Getafe v Real Zaragoza
- This will be the 10th meeting between these two sides in the top flight: both have won three so far, with as many draws.
- In the four previous meetings at home, Getafe are unbeaten (two wins and as many draws).
- Getafe are winless in the last four match-days of this competition (two defeats).
- However, they are unbeaten in their last six at home, in light of four consecutive wins before two draws.
- Real Zaragoza have managed only one win in their last 26 away games in La Liga, at Tenerife back in January.
- Real Zaragoza have always conceded in the last 15 away games played in the top flight.
- Real Zaragoza have conceded the most goals in this competition this season (47).
Racing Santander v Almeria
- These two sides have met only five times so far in La Liga: Racing have won twice, Almeria once and two draws complete the record.
- Racing are winless in the last four match-days of this campaign, they drew two before losing to Malaga and Barcelona.
- In their last two games, Racing have shipped seven goals without scoring any.
- Almeria are unbeaten in their last four games in La Liga (two wins and as many draws).
- However they have picked up only three points from their last eight league games on the road, as result of three draws.
- Almeria's last win away from home was in December 2009, at Malaga; that was their only win in their last 14 games on the road in the league.
Real Valladolid v Mallorca
- Mallorca have had the better of Real Valladolid in eight of the last 10 meetings between these two sides in the top flight.
- One draw and one win to Valladolid in the last two meetings played at the José Zorrilla complete the record.
- Real Valladolid have failed to win a single game in the last eight match-days of La Liga (four defeats and as many draws).
- At home, Real Valladolid have drawn their last two league fixtures by 1-1; prior to this, they had lost two games conceding seven goals and scoring none.
- Mallorca have lost three of their last four league fixtures.
- Away from home, Gregorio Manzano's side have picked up only one point in their last five games.
Sevilla v Athletic Bilbao
- Sevilla have won 11 of the last 12 meetings with Athletic Bilbao in the league, including the last four.
- The Andalusians have netted 14 goals in their last four games against Bilbao, conceding only two.
- At home, Sevilla are unbeaten against Athletic since December 1993 (12 meetings), and are on a run of six consecutive wins.
- Sevilla have scored four goals in each of the last four occasions they have hosted Athletic in the league.
- Sevilla have won four of their last five league fixtures.
- Sevilla have not shared the points in the last 10 match-days of this campaign (five wins and as many draws).
- At home however, Manolo Jiménez's side are on a run of three consecutive wins, and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- Athletic have recorded three defeats and as many wins in the last six match-days of La Liga.
- Away from home, the Basque side have lost their last three games, and have picked up only one point from the last five.
Sporting Gijon v Osasuna
- In the last six meetings between Sporting Gijon and Osasuna in the top flight both sides have won three times.
- In Gijon, the hosts are unbeaten in their last nine meetings with Osasuna, and have kept five clean sheets in this period.
- Last Sunday's win over Real Zaragoza ended a run of five games without a win for Sporting.
- At home, Manuel Preciado's side have picked up only one point from their last three games, and have scored only one goal in the process.
- Osasuna have won two of their last three away games in La Liga.
Tenerife v Real Madrid
- Real Madrid have won their last five league meetings with Tenerife, always scoring more than one goal.
- However, in Tenerife the Merengues have managed to win only twice in their last five league meetings, losing twice and drawing once.
- Tenerife have won only one of their last 10 league meetings (1-0 at home against Mallorca); six defeats and three draws complete the record.
- After losing to Athletic Bilbao in January, Real Madrid have notched-up five consecutive wins in the league.
- Scoring six goals last Sunday against Villarreal, Real have become the best attack of La Liga (59 goals).
Villarreal v Deportivo La Coruña
- Deportivo have beaten Villarreal in the last two league meetings, without conceding a single goal; prior to this, Villarreal had won three consecutive games against the Galicians in La Liga.
- Villarreal have won their last two meetings at home with Deportivo.
- Villarreal have lost three of the last four league meetings, a 2-1 home win with Athletic completes the record.
- At home, Villarreal have won seven of their last nine fixtures in the league.
- Deportivo are winless in their last five away games of this campaign, and have failed to score a single goal in the last four.
- Villarreal have conceded eight goals in the first 15 minutes of play so far, a league-joint high alongside Real Valladolid.
Xerez v Espanyol
- The goalless draw in the reverse fixture is the only previous meeting between these two sides in the top flight.
- Xerez are on a run of three consecutive defeats in the league.
- At home, Néstor Gorosito's side have lost five of their last six fixtures, winning only against Mallorca.
- Espanyol have won two, lost two and drawn one in the last five match-days of La Liga.
- However, away from home the Catalans are on a run of seven consecutive defeats, and have scored only one goal in the process.
- Xerez have netted only five goals in the second half so far, a league-low.