Spanish La Liga Opta Facts 29-31 January
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao
- Atlético Madrid have won three of their last four league meetings with Athletic Bilbao.
- Los colchoneros have only failed to find the net in one of their last 19 league clashes at home to the Basque side.
- Athletic de Bilbao have lost on their last four trips to play sides from Madrid, shipping 14 goals in the process.
- Atlético have kept a clean sheet in their last three league matches at the Vicente Calderón.
- Athletic Bilbao have won only one of their last eight league matches away from home.
- The Basque side have scored the most headed goals in the league this season (15 - seven more than any other side).
- Athletic Bilbao have also scored the most goals from set pieces (15).
- In their last match, Atlético did not manage a shot on target until the fourth minute of injury time.
Deportivo La Coruna v Sevilla
- The last four league clashes between these sides have produced just four goals in total.
- Sevilla have won just two of their last 24 matches at the Riazor in the Spanish top flight.
- Depor´s keeper Manu made 10 saves in the meeting between the sides earlier this season, the most by any goalie without being beaten in Liga BBVA this season.
- Deportivo are on a run of three straight league defeats, failing to score in each match.
- Sevilla have won three of their last four league matches.
- All but four of Deportivo´s 15 league goals this season have come from set pieces.
- Luis Fabiano has scored seven goals in his last eight league starts with Sevilla.
- The team from Andalusia have hit the woodwork on the joint-most occasions in the league this season (10).
- However they have only once been saved by their own goalframe (the fewest).
Espanyol v Villarreal
- Espanyol have failed to find the net in their last six league meetings with Villarreal.
- However three of the last five clashes have ended goalless, including the last two at Espanyol's ground.
- The Catalonians are on a run of three straight league wins.
- Luis Garcia has been involved in six of their nine goals in this period (two goals, four assists).
- Villarreal have won only one of their last six league games on the road.
- The Yellow Submarine has scored at least twice in its last five league matches: only once before have Villarreal scored two or more in six straight games in the top flight (2005).
- Villarreal are the only team apart from Barcelona to boast two players who have scored at least 10 goals in the league this season (Nilmar and Giuseppe Rossi).
- Villarreal have picked up more points from matches in which they have conceded first than any other Liga BBVA side this season (12).
- In their last match, Espanyol won a league match that they were losing at half time for the first time since September 2009.
Hercules v Barcelona
- Hercules are the only side to have beaten Barcelona in the league this season, as well as being the only team to have stopped them from scoring.
- Seven of Hércules nine shots in the game at the Nou Camp were on target.
- Los Herculanos have won their last three matches against Barcelona in the top flight.
- Not since 1965 has a side won four consecutive league meetings with the Blaugrana (Atlético Madrid).
- Hércules have won their last four league games at home, netting 13 goals in these.
- David Trezeguet has scored in all eight of his appearances at home for Hércules this season.
- A win in this match would see Pep Guardiola´s men match the record for consecutive wins in the Spanish top flight (15, set by Real Madrid in 1961).
- Barcelona have scored at least three times in 11 of their last 12 league games.
- Pedro Rodríguez could become the first player to score in six consecutive Liga BBVA matches this season in this game.
- Lionel Messi has already made 14 league assists in 2010/11: no player made more than this in the whole of last season.
Levante v Getafe
- Levante have won just one of their seven meetings with Getafe in the top flight.
- However Los Granotes remain unbeaten at the Ciutat de Valencia, winning once and drawing twice at home to Getafe.
- Levante are on a run of five straight league defeats - they could become the first Liga BBVA side to lose six in a row this season against Getafe.
- However Luis Garcia´s men are unbeaten at home to sides from Madrid this season, drawing 0-0 with Real Madrid and winning 2-0 at home to Atlético.
- Getafe have taken just one point from the last 12 available in Liga BBVA.
- Despite losing their last three home league games, el Geta have taken seven points from their last three matches on the road.
- Getafe have scored the most goals from throw ins in the league this season (three).
- Levante have played the fewest passes in Liga BBVA this season (6402) and been the least accurate with these (70.5% reaching a team-mate).
Malaga v Real Zaragoza
- Málaga have lost just one of their last seven league games at home to Los Blanquillos.
- The meeting between the sides earlier this season (5-3 win for Málaga at La Romareda), produced as many goals as the previous six combined.
- Los boquerones have lost four of their last six league games, conceding at least three goals in each defeat.
- Real Zaragoza are one of three sides yet to win away from home in Liga BBVA this season.
- Only Hércules (three) have scored fewer goals on the road than los maños in the current campaign (four).
- Málaga have used 32 different players in the league this season, more than any other side, including four separate goalkeepers.
- Real Zaragoza have the lowest passing accuracy inside their own half this season (80.5%).
- No side has conceded more penalties this season than Málaga (seven).
Mallorca v Sporting Gijon
- None of the last nine clashes between the sides in the top flight has ended in a draw (four wins for Mallorca).
- The islanders have scored nine goals over their last three top flight meetings at home to Sporting Gijon.
- Sporting Gijon have won back-to-back matches for the first time in the league this season.
- The last time they won three in a row was in May 2009.
- The Rojiblancos´ four league wins this season have come in the four matches when they have kept a clean sheet.
- Mallorca have the best defence at home in Liga BBVA this season, shipping just four goals.
- Michael Laudrup has made just 46 substitutions in Liga BBVA this season, at least 10 fewer than any other side.
- Mallorca have been fouled on fewer occasions than any side in the league this season (234).
- Sporting Gijon´s players have been booked on 74 occasions, more than any other team.
Osasuna v Real Madrid
- Osasuna have managed only one win in their last 13 league meetings with los merengues.
- However, Real Madrid are without a win in their last two trips to the Reyno de Navarra (one defeat, one draw).
- Real Madrid have only kept one clean sheet in their last seven league away matches.
- Osasuna are on a run of eight league games without a win.
- Los merengues have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target than any Liga BBVA side this season (56).
- José Mourinho´s side are the only team to have four players who have played in every Liga BBVA game this season: Casillas, Di María, Ronaldo and Ozil.
- If only the first half of matches counted in Liga BBVA this season, Real Madrid would be fifth.
- Karim Benzema has been involved in more goals in four league games in 2011 (one goal, two assists), than he was in 15 prior to this (one goal, one assist).
- Osasuna are one of only two sides yet to test the goalkeeper with a direct free kick this season.
Racing v Valencia
- Three of the last four league meetings between the sides have seen Valencia run out 1-0 winners, with one 0-0 draw in between.
- Five of the last six clashes at Racing have ended in a 1-0 win (three for Racing, two for Los Che).
- Racing have lost back-to-back league matches, though they are yet to lose three in a row this season.
- Los montañeses have only scored more than once in two league matches this season.
- Valencia are on a run of five straight league wins, though have moved only from fifth to fourth in the table as a result.
- Each of these wins has come thanks to a goal scored in the last 15 minutes (three in the 90th).
- Los Che have scored the most goals from corners in the league this season (nine).
- Racing have the lowest goals-shots ratio in the Spanish top flight this season (7.3%).
Real Sociedad v Almeria
- The 2-2 draw between the sides earlier this season was the first meeting between Real Sociedad and Almeria in the Spanish top flight.
- Almeria are currently on the longest run of Liga BBVA matches without a clean sheet (15).
- The Andalusians have lost four of their last five league away matches, and won only one of their last seven.
- Real Sociedad have lost five of their last six league games.
- Despite being Almería´s top scorer in the league this season (seven goals), Leonardo Ulloa has come on as a substitute more often than any player in the Spanish top flight (14 times).
- Real Sociedad have dropped 20 points after opening the scoring in league matches this season, had they held on in each game they would be third.
- Almería have conceded the most corners in the league this season (153).
- Real Sociedad have played the most crosses in Liga BBVA 2010/11 (487).
- Erreala are the only side not to have received a red card this season.