Spanish La Liga Primera Opta Facts 20 Nov – 23 Nov
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Deportivo v Atletico Madrid
- Atletico have won their last five league meetings with Deportivo, conceding only two goals in the process.
- These two sides have shared the points only once in their last 16 meetings in the league.
- The Galicians have won five of their last seven fixtures in the league, without conceding a single goal.
- Atletico have collected only one point over the past four match-days of this campaign.
- Atletico have managed only one win in the 10 league games they have played so far this season.
- Away from home, Los Colchoneros have picked up only one point in five games, failing to score on three occasions.
- Atletico have conceded the most goals in La Liga this season (22).
Real Madrid v Racing
- Real Madrid have won their last four games against Racing in the league, without conceding in the last three.
- These two sides have not shared the points in their last 10 meetings, since March 2004.
- Real have won seven of their last eight games against Racing at the Bernabeu, a 2-1 win to Racing in 2005/06 completes the record.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have won five of five home games this term in the league.
- At the Bernabeu, Real have shared the points only once in their last 21 fixtures.
- Racing are winless in the last seven match-days, and have managed only one win in this campaign.
Xerez v Sporting
- After losing their first four consecutive games of the season, newly promoted Xerez have collected six points in the following six games, as a result of three draws and one win.
- Xerez have the worst attack of this campaign (only three goals scored and all from set play).
- Xerez conceded in every home game this season, and overall have kept only one clean sheet this term.
- Sporting are unbeaten in their last five games in the league – three wins and two draws in the process.
- Away from home Sporting have lost 12 of their last 17 games, and have not kept a clean sheet in the process.
Osasuna v Valencia
- Osasuna’s 1-0 win against Valencia last February ended a run of five winless games for them.
- However, at their home ground, Osasuna are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Valencia, in light of two wins and three draws.
- In their last five league meetings with Valencia, Osasuna have netted only two goals.
- The team from Pamplona have conceded only one goal in their last three home games.
- Valencia have conceded only one goal in the last five match-days of La Liga.
- Away from home, Unai Emery’s side have four games out of five this term, and have not conceded a single goal in the last three.
Malaga v Real Zaragoza
- Real Zaragoza are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Malaga in the top flight, and have conceded only one goal in the process.
- In these five games neither team has ever scored more than one goal per game.
- After beating Atletico Madrid on the opening day of this campaign, Malaga have failed to win in the subsequent nine match-days (the longest winless run this season), picking up only two points.
- At La Rosaleda, Malaga are on a run of four consecutive defeats in La Liga.
- Since their return to the top division, Zaragoza have picked up only one point away from home.
- Overall Zaragoza are winless in their last 19 away games in La Liga.
- García Toral’s side have conceded 11 goals in their last three games on the road.
Tenerife v Sevilla
- Sevilla have won three of their last four games with Tenerife in the top flight, a draw in their last meeting completes the record.
- At home Tenerife have already collected 10 points in five games.
- Sevilla have taken all three points in three of their last four games on the road, without conceding a goal.
- Between this season and last, Manolo Jiménez’s side have managed six wins in their last eight away games in the league.
- Only Xerez (three) have scored fewer goals than Tenerife (seven) this season.
Espanyol v Getafe
- Last season’s meetings between these two sides both ended in 1-1 draws.
- In the games played in Barcelona between these two sides there is perfect balance, with two wins for both and a draw.
- Four of Espanyol’s last six league games have ended in draws, three of which were goalless.
- The Catalans have won eight of their last 12 home games in the league, drawing three.
- Getafe are the only side in La Liga yet to share the points this term.
- Míchel’s side are on a run of four consecutive defeats away from home, and have scored only one goal in the process.
- Espanyol have gained the most points from trailing situations this season (six).
Villarreal v Real Valladolid
- Villarreal have failed to score in four of their last five meetings with Real Valladolid in the league.
- Last season’s 3-0 defeat ended Villarreal’s six game unbeaten record at home against Real Valladolid in La Liga. Before then, Villarreal had won five games at the Madrigal, drawing one.
- The two wins in their last two home fixtures are Villarreal’s only two successes this season.
- Real Valladolid have drawn their last two league games, and picked up only one point from their last three on the road.
- Villarreal have dropped the most points from leading situations this season (10).
Athletic v Barcelona
- Athletic have accrued only one point in their last six league meetings with Barcelona.
- Athletic have won their last two consecutive fixtures, without conceding a single goal.
- Before this, the Basque side had picked up only one point from their prior five games in the league.
- Barcelona are the only unbeaten side in La Liga after 10 match-days (eight wins and two draws)
- These two draws came in their last two games away from home – the goalless draw in Valencia before being held 1-1 by Osasuna in Pamplona..
- Barca have only conceded two goals away from the Camp Nou in this campaign.
- Overall, Pep Guardiola’s side boast the best defence of La Liga (seven goals conceded, alongside Sevilla), and have also scored the most goals this season (28).
Mallorca v Almeria
- These two sides have met only four times in the top flight: both won at home last term, after two draws in 2007/08.
- Mallorca have won all of their five home fixtures in this campaign, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Between this season and last, the Balearic side have won 12 of their last 15 home fixtures, losing only once.
- Almeria have lost nine of their last 12 away games in La Liga.
- Almeria have kept a clean sheet only once in their last 32 away games in La Liga, last season’s 2-0 away win against Racing.