Barcelona v Rayo Vallecano Opta Facts & Stats
Opta Facts | La Liga 2011-12 | Barcelona - Rayo
- Barcelona have won just two of their last eight league meetings with Rayo (three draws, three defeats), though they have not met since 2003.
- Since 2000, Barcelona have averaged fewer points per game vs Rayo than any other side in Primera (1.14, Real Madrid 1.47, min. five meetings).
- Barcelona have won their last eight league games at home to sides from Madrid, and are unbeaten since December 2007 (0-1 vs Real Madrid).
- In 2010/11, Barcelona dropped points against each of the three newly-promoted sides in La Liga.
- Against Rayo, Barcelona can become the first side in La Liga history to go 11 consecutive games at home without conceding.
- Since the start of 09/10, Barcelona have lost just one of their 45 league games at home (four draws, 40 wins).
- With 28 points after 13 games, this is Barcelona's worst start to a league season in the Guardiola era (27 in 2007/08): they had at least 32 points at this stage in each of the last three seasons.
- However, seven goals conceded in 13 games is Barça's best defensive start to a La Liga campaign since 1988/89 (seven too).
- Just three teams have picked up more points on the road in La Liga this season than Rayo (nine, the same as Barcelona).
- Lionel Messi has averaged two goals per game at the Camp Nou in the league this season (14 goals in seven matches).