Bundesliga Opta Facts - 1-3 April
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
St. Pauli v Schalke
- Schalke are undefeated against St. Pauli in six competitive matches (four wins, two draws).
- St. Pauli have won only one of their nine Bundesliga fixtures against Schalke 04 (five losses, three draws) when they beat S04 2-0 at home in April 1996.
- Pauli have failed to score in each of their last four Bundesliga matches against S04.
- Schalke 04 haven't won a single point in their last three away games, their longest drought away from home in six years.
- Only Frankfurt (27) have scored fewer goals than Pauli (29) in the Bundesliga this season.
- Pauli are the only side in the league to have lost all of their last five matches.
Kaiserslautern v Leverkusen
- Lautern have only won one of their last 20 BL games against Leverkusen (six draws, 13 defeats). Their last win over Bayer came eight years ago when they beat Leverkusen 1-0 at home.
- Leverkusen are unbeaten in six BL games (five wins, one draw) - the currently longest run of its kind in the league.
- For the first time since they won promotion back to the Bundesliga, the Red Devils have gone four consecutive games without defeat (two wins, two draws).
- Bayer have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three BL matches.
- FCK have only won one of their last six games at the Betzenberg (four draws, one defeat).
- Michael Ballack has scored more goals against Kaiserslautern than against any other BL team (seven).
Mainz v Freiburg
- Freiburg have lost on both their visits to the Bruchweg in the Bundesliga without scoring a single goal (5-0, 3-0).
- SCF have won three of their last four competitive matches against Mainz, however (one defeat).
- Mainz have lost four of their last five BL home games (one draw).
- Freiburg have only won one of their last seven games on the road in the Bundesliga ( two draws, four defeats).
- Mainz and Freiburg have come back from behind to win more often than any other team in the league (four times each).
- Cissé has netted three of Freiburg's last four goals and is with 18 goals to his name currently in second place in the race for the BL top scorer award behind only Bayern's Gomez (19 goals).
Dortmund v Hannover
- Dortmund have won just one of their last seven home games against Hannover (three draws and three defeats) - the last one, in February 2010 (4-1).
- Dortmund's goal difference is 35 goals better than Hannover's, despite just one team separating the two in the table.
- Didier Ya Konan has been directly involved in four goals in his last three appearances (two goals and two assists).
- Only Werder Bremen (1987/88) have ever conceded fewer goals after 27 games than Dortmund this season (16). Bremen won the title that year.
- Hannover have kept four clean sheets in their last seven BL matches.
- BVB have not conceded more than one goal in any of their last 26 BL games, keeping 12 clean sheets in the process (most in the league).
Bremen v Stuttgart
- Bremen suffered their heaviest defeat in the Bundesliga in 24 years in this season's first meeting with Stutttgart when the Swabians beat Werder 6-0.
- Only Leverkusen (six games) have gone unbeaten for longer than Bremen and Stuttgart (four games each).
- Werder have failed to shut their opponents out in each of their last 12 BL matches - no team in the league has gone that long without a clean sheet.
- Stuttgart have at least scored twice in each of their last four BL away games.
- Bremen have already been awarded eight penalties this season - more than any other team in the league.
- The last nine competitive matches between the two sides have seen an average of five goals per game.
Bayern v Gladbach
- Bayern have only lost one of their 42 BL home games against Gladbach (32 wins, nine draws).
- The Foals are winless against Munich in 10 BL meetings (five draws, five defeats).
- The match between Bayern and Gladbach will see the best attack in the league (Bayern: 59 goals) take on the worst defence (Gladbach: 61 goals conceded).
- Louis van Gaal's men have won eight of their last nine games at the Allianz Arena (one defeat).
- Borussia have scored exactly one goal in each of their last five BL away games.
- No player in the Bundesliga has netted more goals in 2011 than Arjen Robben (eight, like Köln's Podolski).
Hoffenheim v Hamburg
- HSV have lost their two BL away games against Hoffenheim, conceding eight goals in the process.
- Hamburger SV have only won one of their last four away matches in the Bundesliga (one draw, two defeats).
- 1899 have only scored three goals in the last six matches - fewer than any other club netted during that period.
- Mladen Petric has netted seven of Hamburg's last 15 Bundesliga goals. Petric has found the back of the net in five of the last six games in which Hamburg have scored in.
- 1899 have only won one of their last six Bundesliga outings (one draw, four defeats) when they beat leaders Dortmund 1-0 on the 26th day.
- Only two of Hoffenheim's last 14 goals (not counting opposition own goals) have been scored by a striker (Ibisevic).
Köln v Nürnberg
- Nürnberg have won eight of their last nine BL matches against 1. FC Köln.
- Köln have won six consecutive home matches for the first time since 1987/88. No other team in either BL1 or BL2 currently has a similar winning streak on home soil.
- Nürnberg are the only BL team not to lose any of their last five road games (two wins, three draws).
- In 10 games after the winter break, Köln have already tallied two points more (17) than in the season's entire first leg (15). They have also scored more goals (19) than in the first 17 fixtures (18).
- Milivoje Novakovic has notched all of his 11 goals this season at home.
Wolfsburg v Frankfurt
- The Wolves are unbeaten at home against Eintracht in the Bundesliga (six wins, three draws).
- Frankfurt haven't won any of their last seven away games in the league (like Köln) - no team has currently waited longer for a win on the road.
- VfL have only won one of their last eight BL home games (four draws, three defeats).
- No player apart from Gekas has netted more than two goals for Frankfurt in the league this season.
- The match between the Wolves (eight points in 2011) and Frankfurt (five points in 2011) will see the two worst teams of 2011 face each other.
- With only 27 goals Frankfurt have the worst attack in the Bundesliga. Wolfsburg have only netted 31 goals and are the third-worst team in that respect.