Bundesliga Opta Facts - 11-13 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Köln v Hannover
- H96 have won seven of their last nine games against Köln, including this season's meeting (2-1). Köln sacked Zvonimir Soldo in the aftermath of that game.
- FC Köln have won their last five home games, something they last managed to do between October and December 2000. Seven of Köln's eight victories in 2010/11 have come at home.
- Lukas Podolski is level with Mario Gomez as the Bundesliga top scorer in 2011 (six goals).
- Hannover have won four of their last five games (one draw) and only conceded two goals in the process.
- Only Dortmund have won more games this season (19) than Hannover (15).
- Novakovic has scored nine goals this season, all of them at home.
Kaiserslautern v Freiburg
- Freiburg have won five of their last seven competitive matches against Kaiserslautern (one draw, one defeat).
- Kaiserslautern are still winless in 2011 (four draws, four defeats). Only Frankfurt (two) have won fewer points since the turn of the year than the Red Devils (four).
- Freiburg have only won one of their last six games on the road in the Bundesliga (two draws, three defeats).
- FCK haven't won any of their last five home games - only Frankfurt have gone as long without a home win as Lautern.
- Lautern's top scorer Srdjan Lakic (11 goals) hasn't found the back of the net in 617 minutes in the league.
- SCF have netted the fewest goals after set-piece situations in the Bundesliga (eight).
Hoffenheim v Dortmund
- Three of the five BL meetings between the two sides have ended in draws.
- Hoffenheim have only won one point from their last four Bundesliga games.
- Leaders Dortmund have only lost one of their last 24 BL games and are still unbeaten in 2011.
- 1899 have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 BL games.
- BVB have kept more clean sheets than any other team in the league (12).
- Dortmund and Hoffenheim have each only failed to score on three occasions this season - no team in the league has found the back of the net in more games.
Wolfsburg v Nürnberg
- Wolfsburg have only won three of the 17 Bundesliga meetings with Nürnberg (eight defeats, six draws).
- FCN have won three of the last four Bundesliga games against the Wolves.
- Wolfsburg have lost five of their last six league games (one win).
- Nürnberg are unbeaten in seven games in the league (five wins, two draws).
- The Wolves have failed to find the back of the net in four of their last six BL games.
- Dieter Hecking's men have netted at least one goal in each of their last seven games. FCN have scored 13 goals in their last four BL matches - more than three per game on average.
Bayern v Hamburg
- Bayern have an impressive record against HSV; winning 52 times and losing only 19 of their 91 BL meetings with Hamburg (20 draws).
- Hamburg have only enjoyed five wins on their 45 visits to Munich in the German top flight (32 defeats, eight draws).
- Munich have only won one of their last eight BL matches against HSV (4 draws, three defeats).
- The last four encounters between the two sides have in total only seen three goals scored.
- FCB have won seven of their last eight BL home games, but lost their last two competitive matches at the Allianz Arena (3-1 against Dortmund in the Bundesliga, 1-0 against Schalke in the semi-final of the German Cup).
- HSV have won three of their last five matches on the road (one draw, one defeat), but have so far failed to score more than one goal in an away game in 2011.
Schalke v Frankfurt
- Schalke are unbeaten in 11 games against Frankfurt (eight wins, three draws) winning five of the last six duels with the Hessians (one draw).
- Eintracht are winless in eight games. The last time the Hessians went on such a long run without a win was back in spring 2001.
- S04 have only won one of their last six league games (two draws, three defeats).
- Frankfurt (none) and Schalke (four) are the two teams who have scored the fewest goals in the Bundesliga in 2011.
- Schalke have only conceded three goals in their last eight BL home games.
- S04 striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (seven goals) hasn't scored in 1002 minutes. Frankfurt's top scorer Theofanis Gekas (14 goals) is without a goal in the league in 645 minutes.
Bremen v Mönchengladbach
- Mönchengladbach's last Bundesliga win in Bremen came almost 24 years ago. In March 1987 they beat Werder 7-1 on the road - Bremen's highest home defeat and Gladbach's highest away win in the BL.
- Gladbach have won just four points from the last 20 visits to Bremen, scoring a mere five goals.
- The two teams have the worst defences in the league: Bremen have conceded 51 goals, Gladbach have shipped 59.
- Claudio Pizarro has scored for Bremen in each of his five games against Gladbach.
- Gladbach's win over Hoffenheim was their second home win in a row. Prior to that they had not won at home all season (three draws, eight defeats).
- Werder haven't kept a clean sheet for 10 games - the currently longest run of its kind in the league.
Mainz v Leverkusen
- Leverkusen have only won one of their four BL away games at Mainz (two defeats, one draw).
- Mainz 05 have lost six of their last eight home games (one win, one draw) and have failed to score in five of these eight matches.
- Bayer have already won eight away games this season - only Dortmund (11) and Mainz (nine) have won more on the road.
- Gonzalo Castro has already provided eight assists this season, as many as he had managed in his last four seasons for Leverkusen combined.
- 14 of FSV's last 16 goals were scored away from home.
- Bayer have won five of their last six competitive matches (one draw) and scored at least two goals in each of them.
St. Pauli v Stuttgart
- St. Pauli have won just one of their 12 BL encounters with Stuttgart (three draws, eight defeats).
- Stuttgart have won their last four matches against the Hamburg-based side, conceding only one goal in the process.
- Stuttgart have already collected more points since the winter break (13) than they did in the entire first half of the season (12).
- Pauli have lost their last three league games without scoring a single goal.
- Only Frankfurt (24) have netted fewer goals than St. Pauli (27). Each of Pauli's last three games has seen the Hamburg-based side manage just one single shot on target.
- VfB have won back-to-back BL games for the first time this season, enabling them to leave the relegation zone for the first time since match day 16.