Bundesliga Opta Facts - 12-14 August
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Schalke v Köln
- Köln haven't won any of their last 11 BL outings at Schalke (three draws, eight defeats).
- Schalke have lost their last five BL games, their longest losing streak in the German top flight since spring 1979.
- The Billy Goats have only won one of their last 10 BL away games (two draws, seven defeats).
- Last season Köln had the worst away record in the Bundesliga. The Billygoats only picked up nine points away from home, while every other team picked up at least 14 on the road.
- Schalke have conceded 12 goals in their last four BL games.
- The last time these two sides met, Schalke beat Köln 3-0 courtesy of a Raul hat-trick.
Hamburg v Hertha Berlin
- Hamburg are unbeaten at home against Hertha in nine games (seven wins, two draws).
- Hertha were the only side in the league who didn't register a single shot on target last weekend.
- Berlin are winless in six BL games (two draws, four defeats), but are also unbeaten in their last four away games in the German top flight (two wins, two draws).
- The Redshorts are winless in eight BL games (five draws, three defeats). Their last win came back in April when they beat Köln 3-0 on the road.
- Hertha didn't lose any of their last 10 away games in Bundesliga 2 (eight wins, two draws). Their last defeat on the road came back in December 2010 when they lost 1-0 at 1860 München.
- HSV have won 17 of their so far 29 BL home games against Hertha (eight draws, four defeats).
Nürnberg v Hannover
- Nürnberg have only lost one of their last eight BL games on home soil against Hannover (four wins, three draws).
- FCN haven't won any of their last four BL home games, however (two draws, two defeats).
- Mohamed Abdellaoue was directly involved in five of the eight goals (three goals, two assists) Hannover scored in their first two competitive matches of the new season.
- None of the 30 BL meetings between these two sides have ended in a goalless draw.
- Last season H96 registered the fewest draws in the league (three).
- Nürnberg were the only side in the league who didn't concede a single shot on target last weekend.
Freiburg v Mainz
- Freiburg are unbeaten in their last three games against Mainz (two wins, one draw), but have only once scored more than one goal against FSV in their last 14 competitive matches against the Hessians.
- SCF have lost four of their last five BL games on home soil (one win).
- Mainz have won their last four games in the German top flight and are unbeaten in six BL games - the current longest run in the league.
- Freiburg have only won eight points from their last 12 BL games (two wins, two draws, eight defeats).
- FSV have not conceded more than one goal in any of their last six BL games.
- Freiburg have only kept one clean sheet in their last 14 BL games.
Hoffenheim v Dortmund
- Dortmund have only registered one win in their six BL meetings with Hoffenheim (three draws, two defeats).
- Hoffenheim were the only side in the Bundesliga that Dortmund failed to beat at least once last season (first leg: 1-1, second leg: 1-0).
- With 11 away wins last season, Dortmund equalled the all-time BL record for the most away wins in one season previously recorded by Bremen (2003/04) and Hamburg (2005/06).
- BVB haven't won any of their last four BL games away from home, though, scoring only one goal in the process.
- 1899 have lost four of their last five BL games (one win), conceding 10 goals in the process.
- Hoffenheim haven't managed to net more than one goal in any of their last seven BL home games.
Wolfsburg v Bayern
- The Wolves have only enjoyed one win in their last 10 competitive matches against Bayern (two draws, seven defeats).
- Wolfsburg's last win against Bayern was an emphatic one, though. In April 2009 the Wolves beat the Munich-based side 5-1 at home.
- If Munich lose at Wolfsburg, the German record champions would start the new campaign with two defeats for the first time in their BL history.
- VfL have won four of their last five league games (one defeat).
- FCB have only lost one of their last 10 BL games (seven wins, two draws), not allowing their opponents more than one goal in any of these 10 games.
- Bayern have only won one of their last six BL outings at Wolfsburg (three draws, two defeats).
Gladbach v Stuttgart
- Gladbach have only won one of the last 26 BL meetings with Stuttgart (10 draws, 15 defeats).
- Stuttgart have won seven of their last eight league games against the Foals (one draw).
- Borussia have lost more BL home games against the Swabians than against any other side in the league (13).
- Since Lucien Favre took over the helm at Gladbach in February, the Foals have only conceded nine goals in 13 BL games.
- Stuttgart have scored at least once in each of their last 15 BL games - the current longest run in the league.
- Last season, Stuttgart scored 10 goals in their two league meetings with Gladbach (7-0 at home, 3-2 on the road).
Lautern v Augsburg
- None of the eight competitive meetings between these two sides have seen the visiting side prevail.
- Lautern have won four of their last five BL games (one defeat).
- Augsburg have only won one of their last five league games (two draws, two defeats).
- The Red Devils have only won two of their eight league games against FCA (three draws, three defeats).
- Last season Augsburg had the joint-best defensive record in Bundesliga 2, conceding only 27 goals in 34 games (like Fürth).
- None of the FCK's last 10 BL games have ended in a draw - only Köln has currently gone longer without registering a draw (12 games).
Leverkusen v Bremen
- Bayer have only won one of their last 14 competitive matches against Werder (six draws, seven defeats) and are winless against Bremen in over six years.
- The last five BL meetings between these two sides have all ended in draws, with the last three all ending 2-2/
- Leverkusen have won six of their last league games on home soil (one draw).
- Bremen have only lost one of their last five BL games on the road (three wins, one draw).
- Markus Rosenberg all three of Werder's goals in their first two competitve matches of the new campaign.
- Eren Derdiyok has found the back of the net for Leverkusen in each of Bayer's last three games against Werder.