Bundesliga Opta Facts 13-14 March
Statistics and facts to help your football betting are available every week at William Hill courtesy of Opta Sportsdata, Europe's leading provider of sports performance statistics.
Schalke v Stuttgart
- Stuttgart have only won more games against Borussia Dortmund (38) than they have against Schalke (37). For Schalke the opposite is true: they have lost the joint-highest number of their Bundesliga games against Stuttgart (37, as well as against Bayern and Bremen).
- Stuttgart have won just one of their last 11 away games in Schalke, although this came in their last away trip. At home, Schalke have won more BL games against Stuttgart than against any other team.
- Schalke are unbeaten in their last 10 games at home (eight wins, two draws), while VfB are unbeaten in their last five away games (three wins, two draws). The last time Stuttgart managed this was when they won the title in 2006/07 (six games).
- Since Christian Gross took over from Markus Babbel at the beginning of December, VfB have lost just once (3-1 to Hamburg).
Mainz v Köln
- These sides have played each other only three times in the BL. In all 3 matches the home side has won.
- Köln are one out of four teams to have collected more points on the road than in home matches. 17 of their 27 points Köln have come from away games.
- There have been 24 0-0 draws this season - seven of this matches have involved Köln.
- Eight of Mainz's nine wins have been by only one goal- no other team has won more often by such a narrow margin.
Bochum v Dortmund
- Bochum haven't won any of their last five Bundesliga encounters with Dortmund (two draws, three losses). Dortmund won both of the last two meetings between the two sides by a 2-0 scoreline (the first meeting this season and last season's match in Bochum).
- In September 1985 Bochum won 6-1 against Borussia. That victory is Bochum's fourth highest win in the Bundesliga ever.
- Bochum have won only one of their seven home matches under new manager Heiko Herrlich (two draws, four losses).
- Dortmund have lost their last three away matches (following three away wins).
- Dortmund manager Jürgen Klopp has never lost to Bochum in the Bundesliga (six wins, one draws), neither with Mainz nor with Dortmund.
Hannover v Frankfurt
- Frankfurt haven't won any of their Bundesliga encounters at Hannover for more than 22 years. In November 1987 they took points from the 96ers for the last time.
- Hannover have recorded more draws against Frankfurt (14) than against any other team in the BL.
- Hannover have lost all of their last five home matches in the AWD-Arena.
- Frankfurt have lost only one of their last six away matches (2 wins, 3 draws).
- Hannover have gone 1-0 down 17 times this season, more than any other team. In none of these matches have they come out on top in the end (3 draws, 14 defeats).
Gladbach v Wolfsburg
- Gladbach have lost all of the past four BL encounters with Wolfsburg (incl. 1 home game). The last 20 competitive matches between both teams has seen just one draw.
- The reigning champions have won their last three games after failing to win any of the previous 10 BL matches.
- The VfL have trailed 0-1 at halftime in two of the last three league matches (against Schalke and Bochum) only to come out on top in the end. No other team has collected as many points after an 0-1 deficit as Wolfsburg (15).
- Gladbach have shut out the opposition in just one of the past 11 games. VfL, on the other hand, have hit the net in each of the past 15 BL matches - the top figure in the league.
Hertha v Nürnberg
- Nürnberg haven't won at Berlin for almost 19 years. It was June 1991 when they defeated Hertha 4-2.
- Hertha have won six out of their last seven clashes at home against the FCN (one draw).
- Berlin are 11 matches without a home win. One more winless match at the Olympiastadion would bring up a club record.
- This game sees the second worst home side (Hertha, six points) encounter the second worst away team (Nürnberg, nine points).
- FCN have lost eight times by only one goal, more than any other team in the Bundesliga.
Bayern v Freiburg
- FC Bayern have won their last eight Bundesliga matches against SC Freiburg (18-2 goals) and 12 of the last 13 (one draw, 31-5 goals).
- Freiburg's last victory over Bayern came in March 9, 1996 - almost exactly 14 years ago. Back then, SCF managed to defeat the Munich side 3-1 in a home game.
- Bayern haven't lost any of their 10 home games against Freiburg (eight wins, two draws, 22-5 goals).
- SCF haven't won in 11 Bundesliga matches (four draws, seven defeats). The Breisgau side are the only team in the league not to have won in 2010. Bayern on the other hand are undefeated in 18 league fixtures.
Hoffenheim v Bremen
- There have been four matches between 1899 Hoffenheim and Werder Bremen so far (three Bundesliga fixtures, one DFB Cup game): Werder have won three of them and there has been one draw.
- Werder have won all three of those victories in Bremen's Weserstadion. They have been unable to win at Hoffenheim as yet, but TSG has only hosted one match so far.
- 1899 have won only one of their last seven home games (four losses, two draws). Werder have won their last two away games after having lost the previous three.
- Bremen have conceded at least one goal in each of their last ten games - no other team is on such a long run (although Hannover equals it). Hoffenheim have conceded goals in nine out of their last ten matches.
Leverkusen v Hamburg
- Leverkusen have not beaten Hamburg in their last seven Bundesliga games (three draws, four defeats). Their last win was four years ago (April 2006, 2-0).
- Last season, Leverkusen lost 2-3 in Hamburg. This was the last time Bayer lost after leading both 1-0 and 2-0.
- Leverkusen's defeat against Nürnberg last weekend was their first in the league this season and their first for 288 days. It was also Jupp Heynckes' first defeat in 30 BL games - against the team that had started off this unbeaten run.
- Leverkusen have drawn 11 times this season, HSV 10 times.